• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

hyp

Rabid Wolverine said:
Fuck PS3 this year.

Too many good 360 games coming.

See you at the first price drop sony :D

this is probably going to be the typical consumer response.... i sense some "uh oh" in the near future.

way to go ms! wonderful job. i thought they might not take full advantage of the marketplace, and i'm pleasantly relieved.

it's just going to take an hr to dload these. ahhhhhhhhhh.

PhatSaqs

Banned
op_ivy said:
859_0002.jpg
Not a FPS? YES!!!!!

For Rare Fans
3:19 pm - Experienced players will have to deal with pesky pinatas. "The Romance Dance" ... how the pinatas reproduce. The Viva Pinata demo is a tad laggy and unfinished. We're seeing lots of polygon glitches and strange artifacting. We understand that it's unfinished, so we'll leave it at that. As many have noted, Viva Pinata appears to be very similar to Nintendo's Animal Crossing in concept. Moore doesn't miss a beat in reacting to the weak applause, "C'mon, it is an E-rated game, let's not forget here."

Live Marketplace - "opened the floodgates" to digital distribution. Over 18 million downloads from Marketplace. Over 1000 pieces of content by this evening.

Says Live members and publishers are excited - every publisher has some sort of content, he says. It changes the way people try and buy games, he says.

Mentions Fight Night demo - "In just a few short weeks after the demo went up, pre-orders increased by over five times."

Also good for "true episodic content" he says. Third point, "opens new worlds of digital entertainment." Direct line to 18-34 demographic. Music videos, movie trailers, and exclusive content from Paramount, Touchstone, Disney, Epic Records, Lionsgate and Fox.

Kolgar

"... And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how Microsoft won the console war."

:D

Well, maybe not, but they're sure as hell knocking the nuts off Sony at this E3.

marmaraS

Halo trailer now at 60% its done 2% in the last 10 mins looks like the longest download in XBL history!!! but certainly the most worthwhile!:D

-

Tonight, first time ever, you can download high-def TV content. Tonight's: "Gears of War: Road to E3". A docu-drama. Starts tonight, finishes next week on MTV.

Doom_Bringer said:
For Rare Fans
3:19 pm - Experienced players will have to deal with pesky pinatas. "The Romance Dance" ... how the pinatas reproduce. The Viva Pinata demo is a tad laggy and unfinished. We're seeing lots of polygon glitches and strange artifacting. We understand that it's unfinished, so we'll leave it at that. As many have noted, Viva Pinata appears to be very similar to Nintendo's Animal Crossing in concept. Moore doesn't miss a beat in reacting to the weak applause, "C'mon, it is an E-rated game, let's not forget here."

Where the f is Banjo Kazooie 3 Rare? or something else....please.

Doom_Bringer said:
-

Tonight, first time ever, you can download high-def TV content. Tonight's: "Gears of War: Road to E3". A docu-drama. Starts tonight, finishes next week on MTV.

FUCKING FINALLY!!!

AWESOME, MS. Now bring us LOST!

daegan

leesmapman said:
My thoughts exactly. See if they do a bomzaldroppenton

so maybe I'm missing something, but where's the exciting stuff?

No surprises yet besides wireless wheel + headset. FTL.

"I think so!" he says when they do. "It'll be a better bargain than anything else in this new entertainment format."

Aha, looks like we're turning to Halo.

05:22.25 -

More than 50 by Christmas. The 360 Player due this Christmas. People start to clap.

05:22.10 -

High-definition movies are next. Picks up HD-DVD player. It looks like a smaller 360, with the mechanism on the top.

Draft

Shadowrun looks like warmed over shit. Dissapointment total.

Everything else sounds fucking awesome though. X360 taking names.

High-definition movies are next. Picks up HD-DVD player. It looks like a smaller 360, with the mechanism on the top.

More than 50 by Christmas. The 360 Player due this Christmas. People start to clap.

I think so!" he says when they do. "It'll be a better bargain than anything else in this new entertainment format."

Aha, looks like we're turning to Halo.

:O :O :O

Top Bottom