• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft integrates Nvidia’s GeForce Now into its Xbox game pages

Topher

Gold Member
Wasn’t this the part of a deal with EC and CMA though? I mean, it’s not news.

Yeah, there was a deal made for streaming Xbox PC games on Geforce Now, but I don't believe there was any mention of it being integrated like this. Putting Geforce Now on equal footing with xCloud in the UI is pretty newsworthy, imo.

Ozriel

M$FT
Yeah, there was a deal made for streaming Xbox PC games on Geforce Now, but I don't believe there was any mention of it being integrated like this. Putting Geforce Now on equal footing with xCloud in the UI is pretty newsworthy, imo.

This is only on the web though, not the console UI

At least for now

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

At this point it's easier to understand quantum entagled physics than it is to understand Microsofts strategy for the Xbox, going forwards.

M.W.

Great time to jump in!

• From now until August 18, those looking to try out GeForce NOW or upgrade to a higher membership will be able to lock in 1-month and 6-month Ultimate and Priority memberships for half off. Members get longer sessions, higher resolutions, and cutting-edge RTX tech over free users..

NVIDIA

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Microsoft: "You don't need the Xbox console to play Xbox games."

Evangelists: "Yes, because Microsoft doesn't care about selling Xbox consoles anymore. They care about their Cloud gaming services."

Microsoft: "Actually, you don't need our Cloud service either."

Evangelists:

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

I have never read anyone write that they care about the cloud, not even the crazy MS fanboys. They care about GamePass subscriptions and the recurring revenue, which makes shareholders happy. If you play on Xbox, PC, GeForce, a refrigerator, or not at all, they don’t care, so long as consumers pay that monthly subscription.

I have a 4090 but I always play on GeForce Now for the entire summer, not having to turn on AC while gaming is a blessing, saves me some money too.
I didn't think of it that way, I never used it when they gave it out with the 3090 for a year. has the service improved since then or is it still the same?

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I'm not understanding this....so I pay to use Geforce Now, while I am also paying for Gamepass....

This is Xbox admission that their cloud based services sucks so much ass.
PC gamepass + GeForce Now. Not GamePass Ultimate. If you have more PC games outside of Gamepass then this is a better option if you want to be able to stream the games.

I am actually looking into streaming. I had been keeping 2 gaming PCs, A good one, and an older one. If streaming is good enough, I can skip upgrading the old one and let the kids stream games to a firestick or the TV. I am not sure if doing PC gamepass plus GeForce Now will be too confusing for the kids compared to just doing Gamepass ultimate. Amazon Luna lets you play GoG and Ubisoft Games. Its actually kind of cool to be able to do this all on a 35 buck streaming device instead of maintaining a $2500 PC that doesn't get controlled well with the TC remote.

BlackTron

And since 2016 their stock prices are increasing. Now they have teamed up with another 3tn company. So yes, they all make a lot of money.

Yes but why is it a talking point?

If Nintendo makes a lot of money, that is obviously to the credit of their performance in the gaming industry because all they do is gaming.

But people like to use MS's finances as some sort of proof of something. Of what exactly?

Topher

Gold Member
Yes but why is it a talking point?

If Nintendo makes a lot of money, that is obviously to the credit of their performance in the gaming industry because all they do is gaming.

But people like to use MS's finances as some sort of proof of something. Of what exactly?

It is just a defense mechanism some Xbox fans fall back on when the Xbox business is criticized. It was a never a valid argument, but people keep throwing it out for some reason.

Hudo

At this point it's easier to understand quantum entagled physics than it is to understand Microsofts strategy for the Xbox, going forwards.
I swear there must be some retarded Sun Tzu bullshit along the lines of "your enemy can't know your strategy if you don't have any".

Schmick

I didn't think of it that way, I never used it when they gave it out with the 3090 for a year. has the service improved since then or is it still the same?
Not only that my PC is dead silent using GFN since it's not the one doing the hard work. I notice it more, the noise, more than ever now when I play locally. Kinda takes you out of the game.

zeroluck

VRR support on PC and Mac and addition of Xbox games, beside that can't think of any. Right now the price is 50% off, if the games you want to play is on there it is crazy to not use it.

Just took advantage of the GFN 50% off sale for the next six months - hoping this works really well on my Ally X which is coming on Monday. I played Starfield on it through Game Pass with everything turned up and it was amazingly smooth - not sure I could tell the difference between it and it running natively tbh.

Ozriel

M$FT
It is just a defense mechanism some Xbox fans fall back on when the Xbox business is criticized. It was a never a valid argument, but people keep throwing it out for some reason.

So perhaps it would make more sense for people to make the distinction between Microsoft as a whole and the Xbox division/Microsoft Gaming?

I swear there must be some retarded Sun Tzu bullshit along the lines of "your enemy can't know your strategy if you don't have any".

Are there kudos or points being given for pretending not to know that MS signed a deal last year with Nvidia to bring Xbox games to GeForce Now, as part of the measures taken to convince regulators to approve the Activision deal?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Pretty much. All I'm saying is if it's true they might end up turning this into a semi open PC and I'm all for it. Imagine what that does for optimization when there's target hardware you have to aim for as a minimum.

Developers optimize? Have you not seen all of the apology posts this generation?

Hudo

Are there kudos or points being given for pretending not to know that MS signed a deal last year with Nvidia to bring Xbox games to GeForce Now, as part of the measures taken to convince regulators to approve the Activision deal?
Thanks!

And no, I did not know since I am not a shareholder.

feynoob

Banned
Do…you see any role there, in that generic applications page?

Not the first time I’ve genuinely overestimated someone on the internet
Your defense force for them dictates that you work for them.
adamsapple adamsapple doesnt indulge in that behaviour, considering he is one of the biggest wankers for Phil spencer.

Esppiral

I don't understand this, so I can play cloud gaming on either of those systems? Os the same game? Crossave? I find it weird.

Ozriel

M$FT
Your defense force for them dictates that you work for them.
adamsapple adamsapple doesnt indulge in that behaviour, considering he is one of the biggest wankers for Phil spencer.

Why would you think there’s any ‘defending’ necessary for Xbox games on GeForce Now, in line with a legal agreement made and publicized last year? Or was that for me pointing out that there’s a difference between ’Microsoft’ and ‘Xbox’ ?

You won’t even get in the door at PlayStation with this logic 😀

Isn’t this a good thing?

Unequivocally. XCloud is mediocre, this gives consumers a better option. Upsides for all parties in the deal.

Precisely why some are upset.

Ozriel

M$FT
I don't understand this, so I can play cloud gaming on either of those systems? Os the same game? Crossave? I find it weird.

Both XCloud and GeforceNow will draw from your GamePass Ultimate subscription. So your saves should work across everything. Same game.

It’s the same way you can play some of your Steam library on GFN and cloud saves just work.

Esppiral

Both XCloud and GeforceNow will draw from your GamePass Ultimate subscription. So your saves should work across everything. Same game.

It’s the same way you can play some of your Steam library on GFN and cloud saves just work.
I find it weird since you are basically playing 2 different games, the PC version on GeForce now and the Xbox version on Xcloud.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I find it weird since you are basically playing 2 different games, the PC version on GeForce now and the Xbox version on Xcloud.
The "can use the same saves" thing isn't true of most games because of this very fact. It's not even the same list of games you could play on XCloud vs. Geforce Now.

This is literally just GamePass PC being on Geforce Now (and Windows Store not just Gamepass, so some cross-buy games would show up). Something that happened months ago. The only new thing is a link from the Xbox Store page basically advertising that you can play some games on GeForce Now and providing a handy link.

Top Bottom