• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
KS: $2,520,429
PayPal: $29,610

Total: over $2.55 million which means Extra End Stage & Boss unlocked. Another $200K for the online co-op.

It probably happened earlier than now because the PayPal total only gets updated once a day.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Two new stretch goals.

2,900,000 = Intro Stage and Boss
3,100,000 = Support Character.

I hope that last one is play as Call throughout the main story. :p

Articalys

Two new stretch goals.

Details from Facebook:
$2,900,000: Intro Stage and Boss!-----
We add an epic introductory stage—complete with a closing boss encounter—that players will take on before facing any of the Mighty No. boss levels! This will help ease everyone into the world of Mighty No. 9, and serve as a nice primer on the basic game systems and controls!

$3,100,000: Support Character!-----
Beck will get a faithful sidekick to swoop in with special powers at his time of greatest need! The exact form this character will take is not decided yet, so we’ll all be able to see it get conceived and designed together—but it will be some kind of assistant that will drop in for a limited time, help out in some way, and then zoom away!

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Out of curiosity, has there been anything shown that makes this different than a Megaman game gameplay wise so far? It just seems to much like Megaman from what I've seen, which kind of disappoints me.

Out of curiosity, has there been anything shown that makes this different than a Megaman game gameplay wise so far? It just seems to much like Megaman from what I've seen, which kind of disappoints me.

That's arguably the point of the game, but it seems to be using stuff from every MM series. It's a homage

Arrrg, I need that intro level, but I've already upped my donation earlier.

I'll just have to put my trust in this last day surge you guys keep talking about.

We're reaching the Intro Stage easily, and damn that sounds amazing.

That's the whole point of this. Making a modern Megaman game because Capcom won't.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed the beta testing access is only guaranteed if you're buying the Steam copy.

uEWIaIQ.png

What about Wii U buyers who want to beta test? :[

Xater

I just noticed the beta testing access is only guaranteed if you're buying the Steam copy.

uEWIaIQ.png

It's an issue with infrastructure. A real beta like this is way easier to provide via steam. Who know if Nintendo even has a system in place that would allow something like this. It's perfectly logical that it is only available on PC.

uEWIaIQ.png

I don't think that's what it's saying. I think it's just saying they can only do a Beta on PC.

How are they even going to know what version you're going to pick at the time of the Beta? Are they going to make you choose a full year and a half in advance? I would think that you will choose your system when the game is done and the download codes are ready.

todd360

You know what would be hilarious? If the entire community secretly hated this game. Everyone pulls there donation the last minute. The meltdowns! The glorious meltdowns!

massoluk

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/uEWIaIQ.pngMG]

What about Wii U buyers who want to beta test? :[[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting to hear on their solution for Backers that want multiple copies. I want one for Steam and one for Wii U, I'll probably use my backer's copy for Steam and doubledip for Wii U otherwise. If Big N has proper online account, I wouldn't have this dilemma :\

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It's an issue with infrastructure. A real beta like this is way easier to provide via steam. Who know if Nintendo even has a system in place that would allow something like this. It's perfectly logical that it is only available on PC.

Well, back when MML3 was still a thing, Capcom were pretty much going to release a prototype on the 3DS Store. They could probably work out a deal. Or just release the beta as is with download codes (and hide it on the store, obviously) and then patch it to retail release later.

Rokal

Two new stretch goals.

Intro Stage is the worst part of Megaman X. It really kills your ability to just jump in and start playing the levels you love when you revisit the game. At this point I'm hoping the KS stops short of that goal.

Intro Stage is the worst part of Megaman X. It really kills your ability to just jump in and start playing the levels you love when you revisit the game. At this point I'm hoping the KS stops short of that goal.

Could not disagree more. Love the openers in X games.

Like I've said before X > Vanilla

The music alone means you're wrong.

You know what would be hilarious? If the entire community secretly hated this game. Everyone pulls there donation the last minute. The meltdowns! The glorious meltdowns!

I suppose that for the kind of asshole who enjoys meltdowns more than video games, yes, it would be hilarious.

Skilletor

Intro stage is the best tutorial in the history of gaming. It's great.

I disagree entirely, the Intro Stages to Megaman X is one of my favorite stages of the game.

Some intro Stages are better than others, but having more content is always preferred to having less in my opinion.

I don't mind an intro stage as long as it is as good as the one in Mega Man X. I don't care for the intro stages in the sequels or Mega Man 7/8.

I'm not sure if "intro stage and boss" should be a stretch goal.

Also are they just throwing random stretch goal numbers out there or does it really cost $200k to create a support character and the same amount to add PS4 and Xbox One versions? This is a real question for educational purposes.

God no, the intro stage can be a good tutorial and set the tone of the game.

Loxley

Do people think this will hit the PS4 limit. I really hope it does as I'll probably get it for Wii U if not. I want to remote play it on Vita.

Hmm, that's another $800,000 in five days. I think that's honestly pushing it, even though most Kickstarters do get a boost in their final couple of days.

Even if they don't reach it, I have a feeling we will eventually get PS4/Xbone ports anyway.

Rokal

God no, the intro stage can be a good tutorial and set the tone of the game.

We don't need an intro stage. What that video fails to recognize when gushing about how cleverly designed the intro is, is that all of those lessons could have been (and were) taught in regular Megaman series stages. The only difference is that every time you replay X, you're forced to play the same level again before anything else.

We don't need an intro stage. What that video fails to recognize when gushing about how cleverly designed the intro is, is that all of those lessons could have been (and were) taught in regular Megaman series stages. The only difference is that every time you replay X, you're forced to play the same level again before anything else.

You could use a password or just play the short intro stage.

I suppose I understand how an intro stage can be seen as an obstruction in a game with a level select, but I don't really think more stages is a bad thing unless it's actually boring or doesn't effectively introduce techniques. And of course, in the event that the alternative would be an intro cutscene or tutorial, I'd take the intro stage.

Make it so that the intro stage in Might No. 9 can be skipped. Problem solved.

Waiting on PS4 version unlock before pledging. Why did they make it so high? Should've been at the 3 million level. Don't want to drag out the PS3 in 2015.

mclem

I'm not sure if "intro stage and boss" should be a stretch goal.

Also are they just throwing random stretch goal numbers out there or does it really cost $200k to create a support character and the same amount to add PS4 and Xbox One versions? This is a real question for educational purposes.

They're just throwing random numbers out there.

Okay, no. That's not *quite* true. But it's not actually an accurate pricing; you shouldn't fall into the trap of assuming that the amount the stretch goal cites has much to do with what the stretch goal states is on offer. Stretch goals are an incentive to get more pledges. What they're really angling for is as high a budget as possible for as much creative freedom as possible, able to spend extra money just on making what they *do* have nicer.

The problem is that *saying* that is kinda mealy-mouthed, and a whole bunch of the small features and tweaks that the extra money would cover, while they *do* serve to make the game subtly better individually, describing them isn't really much incentive to pledge higher ("If we exceed the goal by $2,500, we'll add an extra 'landing' animation rather than have him hit the ground with no impact!" isn't going to entice people to increase their pledge / encourage others to pledge), so things like that are carried along by a high-profile banner feature.

Top Bottom