• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

OmegaDL50

Wii U same architecture as 360/PS3? Come again?

The Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and the Wii U all use the PPC Instruction set, unlike the PS4 and XB1 which use x86.

The game being developed on the PC which also uses x86 would mean the PS4 and XB1 versions would be the most direct ports.

While the PS3 may have the Cell the CBEA still is based on a dirative of the Power PC architecture, just as the Xbox 360 and Wii U also run on Power PC architecture. So yes, the Wii U uses the same architecture as the PS3 and the 360.

OmegaDL50

3.5 Million eh. Well if Mn9 can raise almost a Million on the first two days, it's surely not out of the realm of possibility to also raise that same amount during the last two, right?

I mean for the sake of having Mn9 available on every single platform on the market.

Mighty No. 9 for everyone!

$3.5 Million for Portable Mighty no. 9? Ported by the same company that did Hotline Miami-Vita?

VitaGAF GO! We need to make this happen.

It's only a million dollars in 4 days. Projects have done it before, especially with some potential 3DSGAF help.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just saw Shahid Ahmad's Eurogamer session and he confirmed that this game is comming to the Vita. Dunno if it's old news, but Sony worked out a deal regardless.

georly

Just saw Shahid Ahmad's Eurogamer session and he confirmed that this game is comming to the Vita. Dunno if it's old news, but Sony worked out a deal regardless.

I'm sure it'll come out for the other platforms eventually, it just wont be in their initial scope. Probably never on 3DS, since that'll likely be the most work (have to work with the limitations of the 3DS's power plus second screen functionality)

Once the game is for sale on the platforms, i'm sure it'll make enough money to be ported to ps4/xbox one, especially is microsoft and sony decide to help out. Who doesn't want this game on their platform?

Meia

Well, I was in the $40 pledge, then I read some of the rewards, so upped it to $60 instead, but I wanted the usb stick(as I'm a massive USB stick whore apparently), so thanks to the update I find myself going from $40 to $96....

pariah164

I've given up on getting this game portable. Everyone knows that there is no way they will hit 3.5 mil in 4 days. The sad thing is if it was for 3DS/VIta, I would buy it. But since that's not gonna happen...

I hope you all have fun with it!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I've given up on getting this game portable. Everyone knows that there is no way they will hit 3.5 mil in 4 days. The sad thing is if it was for 3DS/VIta, I would buy it. But since that's not gonna happen...

It just got confirmed for the vita at least.

Busaiku

KxHGAiH.png

iLBxCV4.png

DkfUAG1.png

It just got confirmed for the vita at least.

No, it was confirmed for a Vita stretch goal.

They should have put these portable goals up way earlier. Vita owners are a dedicated bunch, and 3DS is the Japanese console of choice. But I guess if they wanted something to spur last minute funding, this is it.

Acosta

I was going to pledge only for the download, but hell, I am such a nostalgia whore that went for the box... (60+15)

And then changed of idea and went for digital. I have made some big pledges for physical editionsand I think it´s a good moment to stop and check if I get as much satisfaction as I imagine. And is frustrating just getting the code to wait for the box for weeks (like I'm soing for Shadowrun, nohing shaddy there, they told it in advance but is still frustrating).

Fireblend

Banned
And those are supposed to prove what to me, exactly?

That other similarly popular projects have had important pledge boosts in their last days, making knowing whether or not this project will reach its last stretchgoals a close call? I don't think it was supposed to be proof of anything, he was just making an argument for a trend that will most likely repeat here as well.

No need to be a jerk.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That other similarly popular projects have had important pledge boosts in their last days, making knowing whether or not this project will reach its last stretchgoals a close call? I don't think it was supposed to be proof of anything, he was just making an argument for a trend that will most likely repeat here as well.

No need to be a jerk.
It will also help immensely that Mark MacDonald made that PS Blog post about it today.

OmegaDL50

About an hour ago it was 2.60m

I check it again and it's 2.623

Jumping 23,000 in a mere hour. If it continues at this speed that would be over 100,000 every 5 hours.

This doesn't count pledges done via Paypal.

Considering there is roughly 83 hours left for this Kickstarter, it's not hard to deduce that getting another 900,000 in the speed it's currently going at isn't impossible.

Hell it continues to follow current rate and proves to be 100,000 every five hours, then getting to 3.5 Million will by the end is very possible.

todd360

In case it matters to you but the sooner you back it = the lower your Mighty No. will be.

That doesn't really matter at this point lol. The number is like in the 40,000s isn't it? Your number is gonna be super high no matter what at this point.

About an hour ago it was 2.60m

I check it again and it's 2.623

Jumping 23,000 in a mere hour. If it continues at this speed that would be over 100,000 every 5 hours.

This doesn't count pledges done via Paypal.

Considering there is roughly 83 hours left for this Kickstarter, it's not hard to deduce that getting another 900,000 in the speed it's currently going at isn't impossible.

Hell it continues to follow current rate and proves to be 100,000 every five hours, then getting to 3.5 Million will by the end is very possible.

If other kickstarters are anything to go by the last 2 days will have an even higher $$$ per hour rate. So I think it has a great shot. Now that it is coming to Vita I am going to go ahead an back it myself.

Also Abstraction is handling the PS ports so I reeeeeally doubt it needs the extra funding they say it does, but whatever, it's coming to VITA!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That doesn't really matter at this point lol. The number is like in the 40,000s isn't it? Your number is gonna be super high no matter what at this point.
It depends on if you want a 40K number vs a 50K one. :p

EDIT: I'm so tempted by the new add-ons but I'm already in for $280 (fucking $30 extra for being in Canada) and I don't know if I really want to push that higher.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The current situation:
2,626,098 +
46,909 (as of 2:01am PST Fri, 9/27)=

Then, 826,993 to go for Vita/3DS versions.

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed that the disc version is PC-only. Had it been for other consoles, I would have definitely upped my pledge. Still, here's to hoping that Mighty No. 9 gets to the PS4 goal as well as the 3DS/Vita goal so that everyone can play on it.

Also pleasantly surprised that the near-end has kicked up support this early.

todd360

I just want ps4 version so bad. I don't know why I care that much though since I have a great pc and could just play it on pc with a dual shock 4. Would also consider double dipping with a vita version.

KoopaTheCasual

This game needs to be available on as many platforms as possible, to achieve maximum exposure, and I'm really happy that the recent pickup in donations seems to make it likely that it'll reach all goals (fingers crossed)

Top Bottom