• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

KoopaTheCasual

Waiting on PS4 version unlock before pledging. Why did they make it so high? Should've been at the 3 million level. Don't want to drag out the PS3 in 2015.

This doesn't make sense to me. If you want the PS4 version, shouldn't you pledge now to help it reach that goal, as opposed to only pledging after? I mean, I currently don't own a current gen console, so I'm pledging to help it reach those lofty goals, but also cause I really support Inafune's work, and want this game to be as popular as possible.

VariantX

We don't need an intro stage. What that video fails to recognize when gushing about how cleverly designed the intro is, is that all of those lessons could have been (and were) taught in regular Megaman series stages. The only difference is that every time you replay X, you're forced to play the same level again before anything else.

So instead of just doing one stage to introduce players to the basic mechanics of the game, now they'd basically have to do it 8 times over assuming you can select all stages from the beginning.

Seems real weird to have four days to go, and not have the final stretch goal revealed. You'd think you'd want to excited people into donating more, and/or more people to donate.

gemoran4

Why are the PS4/XB1 stretch goals so damn much, I thought putting a game on them was fairly inexpensive...

they said that want to focus on platforms that they are familiar with or something like that...then again their wii u stretch goal was fairly low, and i don't think they've done any development on that console.

they said that want to focus on platforms that they are familiar with or something like that...then again their wii u stretch goal was fairly low, and i don't think they've done any development on that console.

PS3/360 to WiiU is probably a much easier port than to XB1/PS4, seeing as it's the same architecture.

Soule

I need dat co-op badly. Will feel so much better when it hits the mark. Maybe they should unveil the ??? stretch marks, if they're good they might spark some more interest.

Xater

I still think they should have made next gen an earlier goal with one or two other attractive goals behind it. Well whatever, last day rush might still be enough to reach it.

Ishida

Banned
Holy shit, that Documentary... It truly touched my heart.

As a huge, HUGE Mega Man fan since the NES era, the games being some of my favorite of all time (MM 3 being my favorite NES game ever), this video hit me in the feels.

Xater

That first documentary episode was really god. 2P really know what they are doing, but I already knew that from their Double Fine stuff. Inafune also really seems to have a great attitude about this whole thing.

Soule

Oh cool they did reveal the hidden stretch goals, I'd love the intro stage + boss, the support character I'm actually not so fussed about but would also be cool, hoping for a final day rush to knock a few of those stretch goals down but really I'm already quite satisfied with the extra content and with the co-op looking like a sure thing I couldn't complain if the final goals are not hit.

I just watched the documentary. If Beck isn't final, get rid of the blue codpiece thing!

Also, I like this cuter version of Beck. Maybe not the proportions, but the face is cuter and the triangle coming out from under his goggles make it look like he has a happy anime owl on his head.

fBJvoFI.jpg

And I like his roboscarf better.

Is this Mighty No. 9's Protoman/Zero?

6o5ujxf.jpg

OmegaDL50

Nearly 2,600,000 and only 4 days left.

The odds of getting an additional 700,000 to get to the PS4 / XB1 goals seems kind of steep, however I am familiar with kickstarters taking off in their final days, so perhaps it will pull through. Time will tell.

Xater

The odds of getting an additional 700,000 to get to the PS4 / XB1 goals seems kind of steep, however I am familiar with kickstarters taking off in their final days, so perhaps it will pull through. Time will tell.

We will see. Project Eternity made like 900k in the last 2 days. Hopefully we can see a similar surge here.

Akai__

It's already over 2.6 million. You have to add the Paypal donations manually.

Fireblend

Banned
Woah, that's a crazy number for Paypal, I don't think I've ever seen the Paypal option ever be relevant for reaching goals for Kickstarters.

Hoping and kinda confident this will make it to the 3.3mil even though I have no next-gen consoles or any plans to buy one, just so all pessimists in this thread get proved wrong :p if not, I'll be a happy backer reaching the 3.1 goal which will surely happen.

I'm expecting a huge boost later today with the announcement of the Call design poll.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Wow, PS Blog has posted about MN9.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/27/introducing-mighty-no-9/
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/09/27/introducing-mighty-no-9/

Well, what do you think? Sound like something you might be interested in? If so, there’s a way you can take part in the creation of the game (it’s being made from the start with fan input as an integral component!) and help it come to more PlayStation systems in the process (the experienced team at Abstraction Games, fresh off their PlayStation ports of Hotline Miami, are all lined up and ready to dive in on a PS Vita version!). So head on over to our Kickstarter page before our campaign ends this coming Tuesday for details on how to (hopefully) help get Mighty No. 9 to come to PS Vita and PS4, too!
Please let this happen.

Busaiku

Just about $100,000 away fro the co-op!
It should hit that by tomorrow.

Although a lot of Kickstarters go into overdrive around now, so it might be possible that it gets there today.
It's been up slightly over the last few days already.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Update 23: SPECIAL FINAL TGIF UPDATE: PHYSICAL VERSIONS OF MIGHTY NO. 9! VITA & 3DS STRETCH GOAL! AND MightyCast No. 4!

An extra physical copy of Mighty No. 9 on disc (Steam version for PC, Mac, or Linux ONLY, your choice—you will choose via a survey later): Add $26 to your pledge ($31 for international backers)

sgg2KlG.jpg

(above) Please bear in mind the disc-art is a placeholder mockup and will change!

An extra physical copy of Mighty No. 9 on a special USB memory stick shaped like either an NES or Famicom cartridge (Steam version for PC, Mac, or Linux ONLY, your choice—you will choose both the platform, and whether you want the NES design or the Famicom design via a survey later): Add $36 to your pledge ($41 for international backers)

f5OgxUn.jpg

(above) These are renders FanGamer is working on of what these USB “carts” will roughly look like; please bear in mind the labels are placeholder mockups and will change, but you can get a sense of the scale by the size of the USB connector.

This doesn't make sense to me. If you want the PS4 version, shouldn't you pledge now to help it reach that goal, as opposed to only pledging after? I mean, I currently don't own a current gen console, so I'm pledging to help it reach those lofty goals, but also cause I really support Inafune's work, and want this game to be as popular as possible.

And if he pledges now and the stretch goal doesn't get reached? Then he has to either withdraw his pledge in time, or he gets a copy of the game on a system he doesn't want.

It's not necessarily the best plan, but it's definitely understandable.

TreIII

Oh man, 3DS and Vita! I am much more interested in getting this games on those platforms than PS4/XONE

You and me both. Frankly, I'm surprised they weren't placed with a higher priority than PS4/XBone, since the portable market is definitely where M#9 could stand to shine the most in Japan.

Tusk

People who haven't pledged, should do it soon. ;~; Handheld versions need to happen. I'll probably up my pledge 36$ for a USB. :p Gonna get the game on Wii U already, and I'd let my lil bro play the game on PC using the usb.

Top Bottom