• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

At this rate, they're going to spend all the money doing updates rather than actually working on the game.

Yeah because 8-4 Play posting news, fan pieces, podcasts, interviews and concept art is so resource intensive. Nevertheless there being 10 days left in the campaign to collect pledges so they can actually work on the game.

Some Nobody

I did not expect the backers to stop so short of $3m. But the two day push did wonders for Project Phoenix, so who knows?

Also: My current prediction is that Capcom will create a new Mega Man game if they see this raise over $3 million in an attempt to cash-in on the people willing to pay money for a Mega Man-type game. Anyone else think this, or is the $ too low?

Mesoian

I did not expect the backers to stop so short of $3m. But the two day push did wonders for Project Phoenix, so who knows?

Also: My current prediction is that Capcom will create a new Mega Man game if they see this raise over $3 million in an attempt to cash-in on the people willing to pay money for a Mega Man-type game. Anyone else think this, or is the $ too low?

I wouldn't doubt it, but they won't promote it, so it'll have strong initial sales, but then fizzle out, and Capcom will interpret that people still don't want Megaman.

Some Nobody

Which would be even more puzzling to them if Mighty No. 9 blew up and made enough $$ to get a sequel without even going to Kickstarter.

Tusk

Pledge $5 or more: Your name listed in the backer credits

Backers: 41,254

This is going to be the most ridiculously long credit roll in history.

:p Did not think about this.
Hey, maybe they could put a little mini game/interactive thing in the credits you can play around with until the end.

Tusk

They could do something like Sakurai does and make the credits playable in some form. Make an ascii level out of backer names or something.

It'd be cool if they made a little 8-bit game at the end, and you play as 8-bit beck, shooting at all the backer names as if they were little enemies. :p

It'd be cool if they made a little 8-bit game at the end, and you play as 8-bit beck, shooting at all the backer names as if they were little enemies. :p

Speaking of 8-bit stuff, the game needs an alternate 8-bit version of its soundtrack as an unlockable or something.

Enker

Will all of the physical items come shrink-wrapped? It seems like from the descriptions that the download code will NOT be coming in the game box (and you will be getting PDF copies of all of the manuals, etc) so it would be possible to keep the "mint-in-box" status if you want to. May be a dumb question, but I'd want to make sure before pledging for anything non-digital.

And yeah, with a personal Mighty No. in the 30000's, I could beat the game and go make dinner before my name popped up...much like if you wait for the money to finish counting after you beat the Proud Clod in FF7.

Mesoian

Will all of the physical items come shrink-wrapped? It seems like from the descriptions that the download code will NOT be coming in the game box (and you will be getting PDF copies of all of the manuals, etc) so it would be possible to keep the "mint-in-box" status if you want to. May be a dumb question, but I'd want to make sure before pledging for anything non-digital.

And yeah, with a personal Mighty No. in the 30000's, I could beat the game and go make dinner before my name popped up...much like if you wait for the money to finish counting after you beat the Proud Clod in FF7.

It depends on them, but I've done a couple book kickstarters and everything I've ever gotten has been shrinkwrapped. I think it's more of a shipping precaution than anything else.

chrono01

It depends on them, but I've done a couple book kickstarters and everything I've ever gotten has been shrinkwrapped. I think it's more of a shipping precaution than anything else.
I wonder if the signed strategy guides will be shrink-wrapped, as well. I'm assuming that, if they are, it will be signed before-hand and not simply on the shrink-wrap.

I'm sure they have the knowledge not to do something like that, though. :)

Enker

Looks like Challenge Mode is within reach.

They apparently have $11k in Paypal donations, so we should hit challenge mode today (as of right now it's approximately $7k away from $2.4 million).

Edit: And according to 8-4 we've now crossed $2.4 million with a Paypal total of $17k+. Challenge Mode Get!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
6CYMXl3.png

Challenge mode is spposed to be like the one in NSMBU, right? That would be awesome.

I'm wondering if fanart will still be featured somewhere after the Kickstarter has ended. I'd like to see more and I've been working on some myself.

Busaiku

Challenge mode is spposed to be like the one in NSMBU, right? That would be awesome.

I'm wondering if fanart will still be featured somewhere after the Kickstarter has ended. I'd like to see more and I've been working on some myself.

Isn't the Mighty No. 9 fanart Tumblr linked every week?

mclem

This is every Kickstarter, though.

Mmm, not sure about that. Sure, many Kickstarters offer a credits tier, but I've had a look through the high-profile ones and I can't actually see many that offered a credit that cheaply. DFA's credit tier kicks in at $100, as did Shadowrun's, Wasteland 2's and Project Eternity's. Torment's is cheaper at $75

I had to search quite a bit to find my name in Shadowrun's credits, and a quick calculation suggests that there were 6,327 backers in those. The Mighty No. 9 list is currently 6x that length.

ArjanN

Mmm, not sure about that. Sure, many Kickstarters offer a credits tier, but I've had a look through the high-profile ones and I can't actually see many that offered a credit that cheaply. DFA's credit tier kicks in at $100, as did Shadowrun's, Wasteland 2's and Project Eternity's. Torment's is cheaper at $75

I had to search quite a bit to find my name in Shadowrun's credits, and a quick calculation suggests that there were 6,327 backers in those. The Mighty No. 9 list is currently 6x that length.

Took me a while to find my name in the Skullgirls credits, and that had like 4000 names in it. :p

Akai__

Yeah, last days of Kickstarter projects can get intense. Hope that's the case with Mighty No.9, because this game deserves it.

I'm repeating myself over and over again, but guys... THIS game! I need it as soon as possible!

Top Bottom