• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

chrono01

Ugh! Why did the physical disc have to be for the PC? I'm only interested in the Wii U [or PS3/PS4, if the physical version were restricted to that] only. :(

About that USB drive, if I opted for that bonus would I get an additional copy of the game or would it be locked to the PC version? I ask because I really like the look of it, and wouldn't mind keeping it as a collector's item, but I don't really have any interest of playing Mighty No. 9 on the PC.

Busaiku

About that USB drive, if I opted for that bonus would I get an additional copy of the game or would it be locked to the PC version? I ask because I really like the look of it, and wouldn't mind keeping it as a collector's item, but I don't really have any interest of playing Mighty No. 9 on the PC.

If you get the additional physical option, you can have the game you pledged for normally be on whichever platform.
The physical version is always an extra copy, on PC.

chrono01

If you get the additional physical option, you can have the game you pledged for normally be on whichever platform.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Now to decide whether to up my pledge for that USB/PC copy even though I wouldn't actually use it. It would be a nice collector's item to have...

Some Nobody

I'm still pulling for that support character. I'll get the game on Wii U if I have to, so that's no big deal. But I want as much content shoved into the game as they're willing to put in there.

Rhapsody

Banned

Well in that case, that physical version sounds tempting. I was worried that it wasn't an extra copy and I was forced to choose an OS one.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
The documentary is amazing! Can't wait for more.

It also showed of potential silhouettes of the final Mighty Numbers and OH MAN THAT GUY IN THE CORNER IS AWESOME.

8lHvdh0.png

chrono01

I'd like to know if the physical version comes in a DVD case or a sleeve.
I'm guessing it will just be in a sleeve. But if you're getting the physical game box, you might be able to fit it in there!

I think I've decided to go for the NES-styled USB after all. I was debating whether I should go with the NES or Famicom-style, but sided with NES since it would be nice to match the physical box I'll be receiving. But then, I'll be receiving both boxes [due to the $500 tier] so I guess I could choose the Famicom one after all...

BLEH! I must give this some more thought. At the very least, I'll have until the survey's go out to decide...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm guessing it will just be in a sleeve. But if you're getting the physical game box, you might be able to fit it in there!

I think I've decided to go for the NES-styled USB after all. I was debating whether I should go with the NES or Famicom-style, but sided with NES since it would be nice to match the physical box I'll be receiving. But then, I'll be receiving both boxes [due to the $500 tier] so I guess I could choose the Famicom one after all...

BLEH! I must give this some more thought. At the very least, I'll have until the survey's go out to decide...
You're decided between which USB version while I'm contemplating getting both plus the CD. :(

Zalman

It's really hard for me to justify doing this when all the details I care about are unclear... I asked them on Twitter, hoping they clarify this.

Hmm. I don't really care for physical PC games much. I would pay $60 for a boxed Wii U version of the game, though.
So would I! I'd be there day one.

chrono01

What other details are you confused about?
I'm guessing what the disc will be contained in [either a box/case or simply a CD sleeve].

I can't seem them going through the trouble of including a case, especially for a mere $26. I can't say for sure, though.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I really want that NES cart USB, but I've already given so much...

I just want everything!

Or a well-deserved Mighty No. 9-related GAF tag!

DMiz

I went with E - I love the little hat and she really is "expressive"!

That or H. Hopefully either one makes it to the top 3 final poll...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I went with E - I love the little hat and she really is "expressive"!

That or H. Hopefully either one makes it to the top 3 final poll...

I went with E as well, looks adorable.

(Kinda surprised the Pink haired one didn't make it, Oh well)

D looks too much like Dr. Wily.

chrono01

E looks nice, but given the details of her back-story [and how "robotic" she's supposed to be], it doesn't exactly fit. F seems more basic in her emotions, which is why I think she'd compliment Beck better.

I love all of the designs, though.

Edit - I voted for F. She just made the most sense to me.

Rhapsody

Banned
Even though I'm (obviously) going to vote for F, I do like a lot of these other designs like E, F, and I.

Looks like Inafune's drawing is D.

graywords

Oh wow, this is an "open" vote? On the internet? High potential for shenanigans, despite the disclaimer they had. :(

Had to go with F. Almost chose A for personality, but I couldn't get over the giant doinks.

EDIT:
If you do not vote A and voted for a Roll clone, I will throw bricks at your house.
Fire at will. :(

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I don't think the handheld or the next-gen stretch goals will be reached. They may eventually get around to those versions (depending on licensing fees or w/e), but I don't see that happening in the couple days left.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Uuuugh, trying to decide between B, E, & F...& I guess I as well. I always feel bad about the ones I don't choose because it means the designs never are seen again....

D looks like it has Dr. Wily's hair. & the more I look at B, the more I can't help but think of a robo-version of Stocking from Panty & Stocking (not including that weird episode where she actually DID turn into a robot).

Torn, B is so Great, but I also love Flight Attendant Call (E)

F is ok, and of the original drawings my favorite, but those other two take the cake.

batfax

I ended up blind-picking. Pretty sure it landed between A or B. I like all of these, with the only one I'd be disappointed with being F, and even that's not a bad design... I just don't want a "new" Roll. But those alternate hair options and a recolor could solve that problem.

Guess no matter what, this poll could end up a win for me. Feels good, and less painful a choice than the MML3 one.

DMiz

Oh wow, this is an "open" vote? On the internet? High potential for shenanigans, despite the disclaimer they had. :(

Had to go with F. Almost chose A for personality, but I couldn't get over the giant doinks.

EDIT:

Fire at will. :(

They're logging the IP of the voter during the voting process, so anybody caught voting twice essentially has ALL their votes rescinded.

Top Bottom