• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It'll reach the goal though, so tough to weep too strongly. Plus, WayForward's resume isn't exactly mind-blowing.

True, but they do make some fun games.

Also, there's this.

vRTqEnn.png

That's too cute.

Blues1990

Also, there's this.

vRTqEnn.png

That's too cute.

Is that one of the costumes that you can unlock in Half-Genie? If so, then it's a neat nod towards WayForward's collaboration between Inti Creates & ComCept.

Also, you got to love the placement of the buttons. ;)

Mithos

Gold Member
Is that one of the costumes that you can unlock in Half-Genie? If so, then it's a neat nod towards WayForward's collaboration between Inti Creates & ComCept.

No it is not an unlockable costume, just "fan art".

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

It's just fanart from Wayfoward.

It would be a nice costume though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Back both projects, get code for Beck outfit for Shantae &...I don't know, a Shantae outfit for Call.

....won't happen, but would be real cool...

Akai__

Also, there's this.

vRTqEnn.png

That's too cute.

Awesome. :)

Already hit the 2.3 Million stretch goal, while I was asleep, too. Hope we hit as much as possibe stretch goals in those 12 remaining days. I will probably bump my pledge and convince my brother to pledge more, too. :p

Latest update with the transformation ideas is great. Really gives a great feel to where they are going with the project and makes the character seem much more like an evolution of Mega Man than just a rehash.

I again say that if the game sells well, I'd be really surprised if they don't still release on PS4-Xbone later. This stretch was just a "day 1" release of the port (as far as I can tell). Kickstarter is a good judge of interest, but it's not a good judge of sales. As long as they can get a lot of people talking about the game around release (and maybe investing some money themselves in advertising "From the Creators of Mega Man" in various places) this can bring in a ton of money beyond it.

Rhapsody

Banned
I really do like the transformation idea, so I'm hoping they end up having a ton of them in the game. Especially since it really does make the game stand out more than just making it a Mega Man Classic without Mega Man.

It seems like a mix between Zero 4's weapon and ZX's transformations which excites me. Basically a Mega Man Kirby.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Update 17: VIDEO THURSDAY: KEIJI INAFUNE, ONE-ON-ONE! PLUS: PAYPAL!!!

***WE INTERRUPT THIS UPDATE FOR A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: PAYPAL SUPPORT IS GO!***

That's right: As requested, PayPal is now available for use as payment with Mighty No. 9! Wherever you’re based -- the U.S., Japan, or internationally -- check out http://mightyno9.com/paypal/ to get your PayPal on!

Note: All money collected via PayPal will be added towards achieving stretch goals; also, the higher, limited reward tiers are not yet available for purchase via PayPal, but they will be soon -- and they will still be extremely limited, and in fact limited per region. So if you’ve been waiting on something special in particular, we suggest jumping on it quickly once those become available! Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY8XjnATOU8

Articalys

40-minute interview with Inafune? Definitely going to set aside some time later to watch this.
We sat down with Keiji Inafune to have a chat about his upcoming Kickstarter campaign for Mighty No. 9. Topics discussed include the differences in developing a title with a small team versus a large team, finding enjoyment and inspiration in the act of creation, the importance of fan feedback, and how Kickstarter could very well change the industry.

I really do like the transformation idea, so I'm hoping they end up having a ton of them in the game. Especially since it really does make the game stand out more than just making it a Mega Man Classic without Mega Man.

It seems like a mix between Zero 4's weapon and ZX's transformations which excites me. Basically a Mega Man Kirby.
The transformation aspect is one of the things I like about Mighty No. 9 the most and the thing that definitively separate Beck from Mega Man. Thinking about it, I've wanted Mega Man's body to be influenced by the Robot Master power he uses, even if not quite to the extent of Beck.

CTLance

I think my initial reaction to this would be best described as "lolwow".

Amazing what some people do in their free time if they are motivated enough.

KoopaTheCasual

It has happened. Several times.

That's really cool. I was a little sad that it didn't seem possible to get a PS4 version (at the game's launch), because I currently own zero current gen consoles. I was funding for the cause, but to think I might actually get to play it in the future is really awesome.

Ravek

Banned
That's really cool. I was a little sad that it didn't seem possible to get a PS4 version (at the game's launch), because I currently own zero current gen consoles. I was funding for the cause, but to think I might actually get to play it in the future is really awesome.

I've been saying this and I will continue until the day its announced: it will be coming out on PS4. Regardless if the campaigns never gets to the PS4/X1 stretch goal, its coming to PS4. Sony will make it so.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

zeopower6

I actually rarely follow high profile Kickstarters, so yes, I guess I'm sorta new to this whole thing. Would you expect a big enough push near the end to reach 3.3 million? Is a push that big, common?

Probably. The last two days are when people who were iffy about the project but 'starred' the project get notifications to donate.

Most big Kickstarters tend to have most funds to donated at the beginning and the end of their campaigns.

I wonder if the Mighty No.9 staff are going to be looking into Cross Buy. :x I hope so.

Top Bottom