• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

chrono01

Yeah, it is weird that yesterday was so low and today it's doing really well.
Maybe people wanted to wait until the $2,200,000 goal was met before they pledged?

It's weird, I know, since they could have just pledged earlier and we would have met that stretch goal even sooner, but that's the only reason I can think of for the huge increase in sales. Either way, I'm happy!

Andrew J.

Maybe people wanted to wait until the $2,200,000 goal was met before they pledged?

It's weird, I know, since they could have just pledged earlier and we would have met that stretch goal even sooner, but that's the only reason I can think of for the huge increase in sales. Either way, I'm happy!

I personally heard a couple people saying that they were holding off on making pledges until the game was sure to be on their preferred platform. Might be there was a significant bunch of people like that.

Waiting until a goal is met to pledge is just about the dumbest logic I've ever heard. It's not going to reach those goals if everyone is waiting for goals to be reached without pledging. Just pledge and help it reach those goals. If it doesn't reach them, you can always cancel your pledge before the Kickstarter ends.

Agreed. Either you pledge, or you don't. The point of pledging is the HELP it reach the goal, not to wait until others reach the goal. If that's the case, you're far too indecisive to be pledging in the first place. My suggestion would be to just wait until it's actually released on your preferred console... in 2015. Y'know, when it's "safe".

I pledge, even though I have hopes of various kickstarters reaching certain goals, I pledge BEFORE those goals are met nonetheless. If they don't reach them, oh well, but my pledge is STILL helping by pushing overall total up regardless(even if it's significant, every little bit helps). That's what pledges do, help reach those goals.

Psxphile

So someone is tired of crowdfunding and wondering why Mighty No 9 in particular is even here since apparently everyone wants a Megaman game to be made (except Capcom of course).

http://www.screwattack.com/news/fault-our-kickstarters

Of course, Inafune's great influence and polished execution should be a no-brainer for established game publishers, right?

Isn't it mostly, at least in the case of Mighty No. 9, to avoid publishers like Capcom holding the IP hostage? Publishers don't just hand over the money willy-nilly, they expect (and often get) ownership over whatever property they're funding.

Inafune just wants to keep it in the family, man.

TreIII

Isn't it mostly, at least in the case of Mighty No. 9, to avoid publishers like Capcom holding the IP hostage? Publishers don't just hand over the money willy-nilly, they expect (and often get) ownership over whatever property they're funding.

Inafune just wants to keep it in the family, man.

It certainly is looking to be so, in the case of of No. 9. Inafune didn't get away from the likes of Capcom, just to have to go through the same shit he did before just to get games greenlit and made.

Frankly, I'm surprised the writer of that article didn't go after kickstarters that could certainly stand to have its shenanigans exposed, like the GCW-Zero kickstarter. But I guess that's not the kind of thing that would be guaranteed hits...

OmegaDL50

I did quick search for Shantae in the topic, while the game was mentioned. I don't believe any attention was brought up that Inticreates are involved.

I am most definitely looking forward to Mighty No. 9, and will definitely pledge once I get paid Friday (actually I feel kind of bad, I haven't pledge yet)

Still the collaboration project between WayForward and Inticreates seems like something to look forward to.

I've always been a Megaman fan at heart so Mn9 is a of a higher priority to me.

Fireblend

Banned
Neat new art update. I chuckled at the Beck design that's obviously based off Megaman from the Battle Network games :p

Also ZeroBeck is kinda cool.

I did quick search for Shantae in the topic, while the game was mentioned. I don't believe any attention was brought up that Inticreates are involved.

I am most definitely looking forward to Mighty No. 9, and will definitely pledge once I get paid Friday (actually I feel kind of bad, I haven't pledge yet)

Still the collaboration project between WayForward and Inticreates seems like something to look forward to.

I've always been a Megaman fan at heart so Mn9 is a of a higher priority to me.

It's only one guy making artwork though.

ArveGary

Neo Member

Don't forget that the project didn't get that much media coverage after it reached the initial funding. Now it returned to the headlines when all the major gaming sites reported that it's coming to the consoles. There is always a lot of potential backers who might've missed the first wave of coverage and heard about Mighty No. 9 for the first time due to the console update.

There he is! It's Mighty No. Zero!

VTSsAO2.jpg

And Mighty No. 9 X!

massoluk

Banned
Whoa.. xD They thought about making Beck a chick? That would've been kinda cool.

/spoiler
Beck is actually a girl. In the ending credit, if you beat the game in less than an hour, Beck removed the armor to reveal her voluptuous body in a bikini.

Takao

Banned
Really a shame Shantae isn't getting as much attention, though I can see why Mighty No. 9 is more popular. Maybe they should have waited to do the Shantae kickstarter.

Shantae Kickstarter isn't doing so hot because the only Shantae games have been an obscure Gameboy Color game, and a DSiware game.

Holy Crap, no way its getting the PS4 goal. $1 million more with only 13 days left.

Is this your first Kickstarter? Every high profile Kickstarter that I have followed has a major funding push towards the last few days. I think it is perfectly possible for it to reach the next gen goals.

mosaic

go eat paint
Shantae Kickstarter isn't doing so hot because the only Shantae games have been an obscure Gameboy Color game, and a DSiware game.

It'll reach the goal though, so tough to weep too strongly. Plus, WayForward's resume isn't exactly mind-blowing.

PureGone

Banned
13 days is plenty. Kickstarters start high, go low and end Mega high, man. Usually.

Regardless this will be on PS4. New Sony wouldn't have any other way.

Yeah seeing it took Warframe 3 months and 2 devs to port it to PS4 which they got the dev kit for free, i just dont get why they are asking for so much money.

ThaGuy

I love that this is created with megaman in mind, but releasing in 2015 is just disappointing. But ill be sure to keep an eye on it and buy it for the Wii U when possible.

Azure J

I love how negative Kickstarter newbies are.

My cherry was popped with the Skullgirls IndieGoGo campaign. People are SERIOUSLY sleeping on something like this if they see some "daunting path" and not something that's going to explode last second given the pedigree and context.

Ravek

Banned
I love that this is created with megaman in mind, but releasing in 2015 is just disappointing. But ill be sure to keep an eye on it and buy it for the Wii U when possible.

Be optimistic. Maybe they can hire some more hands and it'll be out 3rd quarter next year?

Top Bottom