• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (PS4/XB1 & Vita/3DS are GO!) (Inafune/IC, $4M FUNDED)

Ishida

Banned
BTW, is it possible for a computer to play a PS3 controller? I'd like to download this off of Steam if possible; but if not, I'll just get the PS3 version.

Look for "Motion in Joy" program. It contains the application and drivers to allow the Dual Shock to be recognized by Windows.

Not really knowledgeable about the inner workings of kickstarter, but about how much more funding can be reasonably expected? It's already slowed down. I know it picks up a lot as the end draws near, but what you folks think?

Ideally, I want the next gen versions as well. Don't think it'll have much impact to be released this gen only as opposed to no next generation version to carry the series forward.

It has a reasonable shot at hitting the PS4/XB1 goals.

Actually, on second thought, I just found out my video card is shit and can't run modern games because of it. Which is ironic considering that my computer would easily run the latest games in every single other category. But I digress, at least the PS3 version is going to happen and I can always try those suggestions once in the distant future (consoles will come first, though I won't be forgetting about PC).

Moving back to Mighty No. 9 discussion...

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
mn1.gif

this guy is officially my favorite so far!

congrats on console stretch goal!

This game just screams to be played on the Wii U. I started Megaman on the NES, only feels right to start this on a Nintendo machine. I still don't know if I'll be able to wait for 2015, what if I'm dead by then?!

mao2

Hmm... with only 14 days remaining, this project needs about $78.5K each day until the last day to reach that PS4 and Xbone versions stretch goal. :/

Fireblend

Banned
Hmm... with only 14 days remaining, this project needs about $78.5K each day until the last day to reach that PS4 and Xbone versions stretch goal. :/

Take a look at DFA's daily pledge chart and compare it with Mighty No. 9's thus far:
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/#chart-daily
http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/66710809/double-fine-adventure/#chart-daily

Yesterday, Mighty No. 9 reached the 2.2 million mark, vs. the 2.05 million that DFA achieved in that same time frame (15 days). DFA then went on to get 3.33 million in the end.

This project's doing just fine.

mao2

Take a look at DFA's daily pledge chart and compare it with Mighty No. 9's thus far:

Yesterday, Mighty No. 9 reached the 2.2 million mark, vs. the 2.05 million that DFA achieved in that same time frame (15 days). DFA then went on to get 3.33 million in the end.

Wow, that's a super huge boost on the final day. :O

Can someone explain me the gap of 1.1 million dollars between the current gen and next gen versions?

I thought a port from PC would be relatively easy to, at least, PS4?

Will there be no Vita version? Bummer...

Instro

Also ahead of where Project Eternity was at.

massoluk

Banned
Want to play my game on Wii U, but I also want a key for Steam because... Nintendo. Guess I'll have to doubledip one way or another when the game come out even if I'm a backer.

Soule

My guess is greediness.

I'd say pretty much along those lines. They want to raise as much money as possible and it's a very good carrot to dangle, if they don't hit it by the end I'm sure they'll be close and will spur many late pledges and increases.

Anyway, I'm anticipating the game will come to next gen consoles and possibly Vita even if they don't hit the stretch goal. Either way I won't be holding my breath, very happy it's coming to PC.

Akai__

So awesome, that they reached their goal for Xbox360/Ps3/WiiU. But I hope, that we'll get a next gen version, too. It's quite some time, till 2015.

@Fireblend: You have to take into account that Mighty No. 9 has thirty-one days in comparison to Double Fine's 35 days. Still, that is a good point and should be encouraging for those who want a PS4/360 version.
photo-main.jpg

BTW all you Beckers, please support Shantae: Half-Genie Hero as well. She's coming to PC and (almost) all major consoles including WiiU, PS4 and Xbone! Thanks.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero
Thanks, but not really. I don't normally donate to anything and I'm sure the game will reach its goal anyway. Mighty No. 9 is an exception because it is a Mega Man-esque game being created by Inafune and could potentially have a long-term impact on Mega Man/Capcom. Given this, it's kind of an important game to me.

Mista Koo

Can I vote for designs on the $20 tier?

I thought Mighty No. 3 wasn't as spot on as the others and needed one more revision. I gave it a try:

EOh5yrT.png

I tried to make her look more like a lamp ghost.

Alright, can't wait to get my hand on this. I'll make sure to donate by the end of this week.

BTW, is it possible for a computer to play a PS3 controller? I'd like to download this off of Steam if possible; but if not, I'll just get the PS3 version.

Nonono don't use motioninjoy it's a janky POS. Use the xinput wrapper here. Just follow the instructions in the op, and don't forget to install the update if you're using bluetooth (for which you'll need one entirely dedicated to DS3 controllers).

My guess is greediness.

If people would ever bother reading the FAQ's or updates, they've said that it doesn't cost 1.1 million to port, rather that the stretch goals between them are considered a much bigger priority and so were put ahead of it. The goal prior to the "next gen" ports is 3.1m, while the goal for the ports themselves is 3.3m, so we can conclude it will cost them roughly 200k to port. But I like many others I'm sure would much prefer to have more gameplay features and additions first for versions on platforms which 99.9% of everyone here already owns versus sacrificing some of those features just to get the game on new ones that a small percentage of us will actually have anytime soon. Besides, it's not as if XB1/PS4 can't possibly get a later port anyway, or that we won't end up getting to these stretch goals altogether so there won't even be a problem.

weevles

Hm, depending on how the game turns out, I might double dip across platforms. I'd like a Vita version and a Wii U version....

Ravek

Banned
Not a fan of his running animation, its kind of dorky, not confident, reminds me of woody from toy story. Hope to god they dont do this in the actual game. Otherwise very cool.

So in other words: I hate it, terrible, it sucks...but its not bad?

Also, does it seem like it picked up a lot today?

R0ckman

So in other words: I hate it, terrible, it sucks...but its not bad?

Also, does it seem like it picked up a lot today?

Haha well I mean the other effects in the animation are cool the cars and the closer car causing a vibration. Becks the object of focus so it takes a huge hit from that.

Whether it reaches the stretch goal or not is irrelevant. Believing that MN9 isn't coming to Next Gen consoles is more asinine than thinking GTA Valley won't come to PC. They just want to make us feel like we're important and can say that "we" made it happen at the end of the day.

Instro

Whether it reaches the stretch goal or not is irrelevant. Believing that MN9 isn't coming to Next Gen consoles is more asinine than thinking GTA Valley won't come to PC. They just want to make us feel like we're important and can say that "we" made it happen at the end of the day.

I would imagine the stretch goal more or less guarantees parallel development for release at the same time. There's no way they wouldn't get a PS4/XBO version out there after the initial release.

Top Bottom