• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Hambone

So, I hopped on your server, a couple nights ago, to check it out, and crashed again with the Out Of memory Java error. Now, I remember why I stopped playing Minecraft.

If anyone has advice how how to resolve this in Windows7 64, I would appreciate. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java, re-downloading Minecraft, changing the variables in the Environment settings to use more ram, etc.

I just want to look at your world. :)

So, I hopped on your server, a couple nights ago, to check it out, and crashed again with the Out Of memory Java error. Now, I remember why I stopped playing Minecraft.

If anyone has advice how how to resolve this in Windows7 64, I would appreciate. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Java, re-downloading Minecraft, changing the variables in the Environment settings to use more ram, etc.

Are you using the 64 bit version of Java? I'm pretty sure you are but it's worth asking.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll

You could try a batch script or use the SKMClauncher to allocate more RAM to minecraft.

Ranger X

Different colors for wooden slabs?? HOLYSH.... it's been forever I was waiting for that and books.

Can we store books in bookshelves? That would be incredible!

You could try the mod "Optifine" it includes several fixes and enhancements that improve how Minecraft runs. I use it myself and it does a pretty decent job. You can read more about optifine and get it here :-

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-125-optifine-hd-a6-fps-boost-hd-textures-aa-af-and-more/

Ranger X

Ah thats a shame

Water in the nether would make it possible to make mob traps and farms in the nether.

I think Jeb and co are fearing couple of gameplay options too much. I would really like the ice blocks to melt in the Nether and I don't how it's not fun or awesome. I hope it's for really really deep reasons like memory issues or something.
As for Silk Touch itself, it should simply do what the description says. And this means getting ANYTHING as is. I'm patienttly waiting for the day we would collect mob spawners. I mean, I know they probably want to prevent memory issues here again but the fix shouldn't be top prevent them to be collected but to fix their memory or whatever other deep issue there is. I mean, there's supposed to have a monster cap per chunk, nobody would be able to make the whole thing crash because of mob spawners if the game is coded right.

Hambone

Got it running stable, so I was able to check out the server, thanks for the help everyone.

You guys have done an awesome job (what little I saw). Super impressive. I've never been on a Minecraft MP server before, and the stuff I've seen makes what I've done in SP seem weaksauce.

Special thanks to CrAzYLeGzLU for the tour of the domes. I'll PM Ark for citizenship, 'cause I want ride the coaster in the amusement park.

Got it running stable, so I was able to check out the server, thanks for the help everyone.

You guys have done an awesome job (what little I saw). Super impressive. I've never been on a Minecraft MP server before, and the stuff I've seen makes what I've done in SP seem weaksauce.

Special thanks to CrAzYLeGzLU for the tour of the domes. I'll PM Ark for citizenship, 'cause I want ride the coaster in the amusement park.

No problem man, can't wait to see you on there some more. :)

-Minsc-

There's something about a multiplayer server that brings out the creativity in people. The stuff I've done on here is leagues better than what I ever did offline. More experience perhaps?

SteveWD40

MP always makes me feel like I lack imagination.

I build a little treehouse or something and think it's pimp, then I log onto a MP server and some crazy fuckers have re-built the Upper West Side to scale.

-Minsc-

MP always makes me feel like I lack imagination.

I build a little treehouse or something and think it's pimp, then I log onto a MP server and some crazy fuckers have re-built the Upper West Side to scale.

It can be daunting when you first log on to a server. I know I was in awe. What works best is just build what you want and not worry about everyone else.

----

Currently I'm in the process of piecing together a collapsible bridge. Initially I had a bridge a player could sail under but I thought it looked a little too big for the area. At the very least this gives me the excuse to play around with more redstone. :)

MinscBuild005.png

MinscBuild006.png

Fairly simple looking, yet effective.

Edit:

The beginnings of a chunk of land I'll be constructing.

It's cool seeing the outline from the air. splashriders thing needs to be moved/modified/reduced in size, but that will be fairly easy once she gets on.

Hambone

It can be daunting when you first log on to a server. I know I was in awe. What works best is just build what you want and not worry about everyone else.

That's how I felt last night. In my single player game I made a cool evil lair with a skull on the side of the mountain, and I felt like god damn Frank Lloyd Wright. Than, I log into NeoCraft and see Dome City and a small metropolis off to the side...

So, when I gain citizenship, will that only allow me to manipulate objects (like doors and switches), or will I be able to build on my own little slice of heaven?

-Minsc-

That's how I felt last night. In my single player game I made a cool evil lair with a skull on the side of the mountain, and I felt like god damn Frank Lloyd Wright. Than, I log into NeoCraft and see Dome City and a small metropolis off to the side...

So, when I gain citizenship, will that only allow me to manipulate objects (like doors and switches), or will I be able to build on my own little slice of heaven?

You can build just as in single player survival, minus the use of TNT. Donators are given the privilege of TNT.

Minsc gave me a tour of his place and some of the big projects on the server last night and I was simply amazed at how good everything looks. My little spot looks like crap but that's why it's in the middle of nowhere. :) I'll link up to everyone whenever I feel confident about my creations.

-Minsc-

Indeed! I'll find ways to work around it until that happens. A child's heart may be broken in the process.

Minsc gave me a tour of his place and some of the big projects on the server last night and I was simply amazed at how good everything looks. My little spot looks like crap but that's why it's in the middle of nowhere. :) I'll link up to everyone whenever I feel confident about my creations.

Half the coolness is only possible because of the new additions to the game. The new blocks really help spice things up.

Honestly, I have no motivation left to do anything in MC :(

I've logged in a few times, and just end up running around doing nothing...

Perhaps it's time to pass the torch over to someone trustworthy to keep my harvester up to date with all the latest goodies? Or perhaps leave it as an old relic. :p

Perhaps it's time to pass the torch over to someone trustworthy to keep my harvester up to date with all the latest goodies? Or perhaps leave it as an old relic. :p

TUT quitter, what happened to my "nether" ride part of the rollerbcoaster eh eh eh ?

-Minsc-

Farewell Artistdude, may you be known as one of those who has departed from this world.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Nothing wrong with taking a break, but I predict that you will be back in time. I've seen you build, it's in your blood, even if it's not on your mind right now. I know when Diablo III comes out soon I won't be playing much Minecraft for a bit.

Eh, who am I kidding, I'll most likely still find time for Minecraft even during the week of D3, lol.....

Nothing wrong with taking a break, but I predict that you will be back in time. I've seen you build, it's in your blood, even if it's not on your mind right now. I know when Diablo III comes out soon I won't be playing much Minecraft for a bit.

Eh, who am I kidding, I'll most likely still find time for Minecraft even during the week of D3, lol.....

Wait! Wait! Someone else is getting Diablo 3!

I thought everyone here only focused on this game.

I have it bought and pre-loaded already. First time Im playing solo to take my time, but later Id love to play co-op with you.

PM me your battlelag when you can! :)

PS - What texture packs do you guys use? Currently I use either 4Kids or Natural Beauty.

limlark

I would highly recommend John Smith and Jolicraft. I mostly use John Smith because it has a 'rpg-ish' feel and I prefer a higher res pack. However for 16x packs nothing touches Jolicraft in feel and craftsmanship.
Not true! Zekocraft* and Wayukian are also beautiful packs of the highest quality. I've also been impressed by Junk Jack and The Z-Pack lately, though less so.

*First post not up to date; check latest page(s)

Speaketh no evil

Was just reading a bit of RPS before I toddle off to bed and I saw some discussion about Dynmap. It might be the thing we need to replace that tectonics thing :-

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/dynmap/

When you get a sec Mengy any chance you could give it the once over. It seems to have several "enhancements" such as giving us the ability to name places.

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Dynmap makes huge files, just so you know. I heard someone talking about space being a limitation (maybe I misunderstood). However, Dynmap is pretty cool.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Was just reading a bit of RPS before I toddle off to bed and I saw some discussion about Dynmap. It might be the thing we need to replace that tectonics thing :-

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/dynmap/

When you get a sec Mengy any chance you could give it the once over. It seems to have several "enhancements" such as giving us the ability to name places.

Dynmap is awesome, but yeah, using it for a server the size of Neocraft isn't going to work. I just don't have enough space on my dropbox account. Heck, the tectonics map is using almost all of my space already.

Top Bottom