• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Ark

Can anyone vouch for 'P3P5I'? Guy just sent me a PM asking to be Citizen'ed and he has 0 posts.

Apologies if it's totally legit, can't help but be slightly paranoid about griefers nowadays.

I need to finally find a spot and start building... I haven't been able to do much of anything lately with some family things that had to be sorted out but I hope I can get on the server more and try and contribute.

KTallguy

Banned
The boat mechanics are fucking terrible. Ive read on Reddit that the boat mechanics will be fixed. Apparently the glitchy mobs in smp have also been fixed in the latest snapshot. Also single player worlds will act like multiplayer worlds soon so we will be able to join each other's offline worlds which is awesome.

Wow, I may have to begin playing again.

Man I miss this game, it was so so so so sooooo fun playing with other people.

Can anyone vouch for 'P3P5I'? Guy just sent me a PM asking to be Citizen'ed and he has 0 posts.

Apologies if it's totally legit, can't help but be slightly paranoid about griefers nowadays.

He seemed reasonable enough when I was on the server with him yesterday. Although has there been any consideration made to adding logging pluggins to the server to catch potential griefers?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

ummmm.... hmmmm....

I will go with... no

squatingyeti

non-sanctioned troll
Things are picking up quite a bit over on the Yeticraft server. Getting quite a few "important" people to stop by every now and then to play. Had a pretty good battle with Yowie's roaming deep into Sasquai territory and showing their PVP prowess.

Be sure to stop in if you're itching for a little PVP that isn't allowed to ever get out of control to the point of griefing.

evilhomer

So I ventured into the nether the other day on neocraft and the nether seems to lag really bad in smp for me. Not too big a deal since I dont intend to be there much but was wondering if I could possibly barter for some glowstone from someone since I won't really be able to mine it myself easily. However much glowstone I could get for a few diamonds, though keep in mind I just started so I don't really have that much to trade with :)

Wool

My Emerald City is really taking shape on Neocraft. I'm considering make a yellow brick (yellow wool) road back to spawn if it isn't too intrusive for anybody.

So I ventured into the nether the other day on neocraft and the nether seems to lag really bad in smp for me. Not too big a deal since I dont intend to be there much but was wondering if I could possibly barter for some glowstone from someone since I won't really be able to mine it myself easily. However much glowstone I could get for a few diamonds, though keep in mind I just started so I don't really have that much to trade with :)

I usually keep the general store topped up with glowstone. Just warp to Domecity, then turn to your left and walk past the bakery you should see the General Store. In that General Store is a chest by the door with glowstone in it, feel free to help yourself.

Is there a way to bind jump to mouse 4/5 on a Logitech mouse? The in game key binding does not recognize those buttons. I know autohotkey is an option, but I haven't figured out how to use that program.

defel

Is there a way to bind jump to mouse 4/5 on a Logitech mouse? The in game key binding does not recognize those buttons. I know autohotkey is an option, but I haven't figured out how to use that program.

Have a look at a mod called optifine. I don't know whether it allows you to customize binds but it's possible that it will let you do this.

Have a look at a mod called optifine. I don't know whether it allows you to customize binds but it's possible that it will let you do this.

Not sure if that solves my key binding problem, but that mod looks pretty awesome anyway. I will definitely be installing that. Thanks!

has there been any consideration made to adding logging pluggins to the server to catch potential griefers?

CC or Mengy, do either you guys feel like taking yeti up on his offer to get some security plugins set up on the server? I'd get it organised and try to co-ordinate it myself but I'm a) not very technical and b) snowed under with RL stuff for the moment, sorry...

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
CC or Mengy, do either you guys feel like taking yeti up on his offer to get some security plugins set up on the server? I'd get it organised and try to co-ordinate it myself but I'm a) not very technical and b) snowed under with RL stuff for the moment, sorry...

I've thought about it, but after sorting all the plugins out and getting Neocraft back to normal I'm not messing with anything for now, for fear of breaking what I fixed!!! We don't really have much problem with griefing normally on Neocraft, so it hasn't been a big issue. Especially now that the permissions are all back to normal. But down the road? Yeah, possibly.

Is Neocraft not very busy anymore? I've logged in a couple times yesterday and today and it's consistently been empty.

I haven't played Minecraft at all this week, I've had my head deep in a C++ book. I'm also trying to finish up some Skyrim and Terraria stuff before Diablo III comes out next Tuesday morning at 12:01 AM. After Hell opens up once more I'll be on the server sparingly for awhile, the call of Diablo is too great. But I can never go too long without playing Minecraft. It just never takes more than a week or so before I need a relaxing night of building and crafting and exploring and spelunking...

Ark

Security plugins was something I looked into before, and I think at the time I decided not to because of the complications it caused with the Multiplay system. It may have changed since then (a fair number of months ago was when I last tried it), I'll see if I can find some time this week to check it out if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Morokh

Is Neocraft not very busy anymore? I've logged in a couple times yesterday and today and it's consistently been empty.

Heavily depends on your timezone and when you log-in.

I wasn't logged for more than a week , logged yesterday evening and there was 5-6 people there.

-Minsc-

Not a bad haul at the grinder today. Died last night and was unable to get back to all m y stuff. As a result I had lost an Unbreaking III/Silk Touch and Unbreaking III/Fortune III pickaxe and other enchanted tools. After some time in the ender grinder I walked out with:

-Unbreaking III PIckaxe
-Efficiency IV Pickaxe
-Unbreaking III/ Efficiency III/ Fortune II Pickaxe
-Fortune II Pixkaxe
-Unbreaking III/ Efficiency V/ Fortune III PIckaxe

Figured I'd try again later for the silk touch.

Anyways, when I was back in my storage loft I checking in a chest, which I use when I want to unload stuff in a hurry and not worry about organization, for some iron ore. Inside were all the tools I thought I lost. Seems like I was smart earlier in the evening and stashed a bunch of my stuff before I went exploring in the nether. Well, now I have a nice stack of tools to burn though.

defel

By the way for anyone who has some spare time on the server it would be useful to increase the size of the ender farm. I recon between 6-8 more spawning pads could be added to it and it will at least double, maybe triple the time it takes to get to level 50. All the tutorial videos say it should take 5 mins to get to level 50. My experience so far is that it takes 20 minutes of on and off enderman slaughtering to get that far.

Mengy

So snapshot 12w19a is out with a few neat things that will be in the next patch:

It’s time for the weekly snapshot. We are continuing on the work to separate the client from the server, and have fixed a bunch of stuff related to that transition. We’ve also,

- Added cocoa plants to jungles
- Added a “large biomes” world type
- Added specific names for the different sandstone and smooth stone blocks

Get the snapshot here:

Client: http://assets.minecraft.net/12w19a/minecraft.zip* (See below!)
Server: http://assets.minecraft.net/12w19a/minecraft_server.jar (or EXE)
* The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.

If you havent downloaded Minecraft you can grab it here: www.minecraft.net/download

// The Minecraft Team

So, it's totally silly, but I'm going to need to purchase a diamond pickaxe for my xbox avatar. And my avatar is still dressed like a cross dressing biker from years ago when my friends messed around with it.

Mengy

Large Biomes?

Yeah, it will be an option at world creation in the next patch under the "world type" button, along with normal and superflat worlds. Basically it seems like it supersizes all biomes to like four times their normal size. Honestly I'm happy with the current normal random biome sizes, but alot of people wanted huge biomes, so they added it.

I've been playing around in FRAPS lately and I'm thinking I'm going to try and get it optimized for Minecraft recording, then do a NeoCraft server tour series.

Xun

Pretty bored of the game I must admit.

Which I can only see as a good thing.

The castle will be finished someday though.

Mengy

Being required to eat destroy the game for me. Is there any way around it?

Play in creative mode. Other than that, it's a survival game, hunger is a part of that. Personally I love it. The hunger mechanic adds a "cost" to constant sprinting and gives the player a reason to make farms and harvest animals. One of the best changes in the past year IMHO.

Vlad

Play in creative mode. Other than that, it's a survival game, hunger is a part of that. Personally I love it. The hunger mechanic adds a "cost" to constant sprinting and gives the player a reason to make farms and harvest animals. One of the best changes in the past year IMHO.

Yeah. I like how the different foods keep you fuller longer, too. Sure, you can live entirely off of melons, but you'll be hungry sooner than you would be if you were eating the more "filling" stuff like meat.

I recently got re-hooked to the game after checking out the current version of RedPower. I remember when it was just wires and logic gates, but the mod creator has added a TON of new stuff since then. There's a bunch of new ores, machines, electricity, and even a working in-game computer (haven't even touched that last one yet).

Already made a machine that auto-harvests obsidian for me using a pump and a block breaker, and working on something that'll automatically convert gravel into flint.

On top of that, I've spent the last few days mulling over how to use the Frames (moving blocks that you can connect together to make LARGE moving objects) to make a functioning elevator.

I still haven't figured out how to sprint :/

-Minsc-

Double tap "w" (or whatever you have forward mapped to).

By the way for anyone who has some spare time on the server it would be useful to increase the size of the ender farm. I recon between 6-8 more spawning pads could be added to it and it will at least double, maybe triple the time it takes to get to level 50. All the tutorial videos say it should take 5 mins to get to level 50. My experience so far is that it takes 20 minutes of on and off enderman slaughtering to get that far.

Speaking of the ender farm, did someone start working on expanding it? I notices that much of the glowstone lighting seems to be missing.

defel

Double-tap your forward key. The sprinting is actually still really buggy.

I saw a cool design using the silk touch on ice. Make a 2x1 road out of ice with a mirror image roof 3 blocks above that. Then line the whole roof with trapdoors. When you jump while sprinting down this path it lets you run very fast. I'll have to test it in creative later this evening.

edit: okay I was slightly wrong. the mirror image roof is 2 blocks above the floor and the trapdoors are on the floor

-SD-

Banned
Tested snapshot 12w19a. There's now LAG in singleplayer due to the new system. I'm not talking about low framerates. What I mean is that, playing Minecraft SSP now feels like you're on a laggy server. Totally unacceptable and a major facepalm.

I'm sticking with 12w17a until the issue is fixed. I hope it will be, some day.

defel

How so? I haven't noticed any issues with it.

I dont know if it does this in single player but there are often problems where you do this strange start-stop sprinting thing where it gets trapped in a loop which is annoying. More so I think that they need to change the way you sprint since double tapping w is often unresponsive and isn't 100 per cent accurate. Its a minor quibble though.

Chuckpebble

I dont know if it does this in single player but there are often problems where you do this strange start-stop sprinting thing where it gets trapped in a loop which is annoying. More so I think that they need to change the way you sprint since double tapping w is often unresponsive and isn't 100 per cent accurate. Its a minor quibble though.

Yeah, I've been pining for a mappable key that you hold down to sprint for a while now.

Quick question. Why are the records so damn quiet? I've tried adjusting the music volume and SFX volume and I can still barey hear the things.

It kinda sucks because I went through all of this trouble to make a trap that holds creepers near the output of my skeleton XP/arrow farm. Now it all seems pointless because the records make me feel deaf.

MackVee

Neo Member
Speaking of the ender farm, did someone start working on expanding it? I notices that much of the glowstone lighting seems to be missing.
Yeah, I removed the lighting to see if it would have an effect on the Endermen spawn rate, I also started to replace Redstone wire with Repeaters to stop the blocks attatched to the Sticky Pistons from not retracting.

I haven't check to see if it had a positive effect yet, if not I'll look into extending it this weekend.

Hugs

I've recently gotten back into minecraft after deciding to try out some mods. I was messing around with yogbox for a while, but there was too much going on for me. I've settled on two mods that seems to compliment the way I like to play nicely, Infinicraft and Thaumcraft.
What's the best way to take advantage of the ores found in Infinicraft? I have chests full of random ores and gems that I can seem to do much with. I really like the variety added by the mod but I'm at a loss with what to do with the goodies I find.

Top Bottom