• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

bengraven

Rebuilding Moria, Arkyoto and Castleton (sans cube) would be awesome. Is there still no ETA on the biomes update?

If you put 'Minecraft Arkyoto' into Google Images you get a whole bunch of old screenshots from the server. Link

Couple pages down. :)

AQ5E9.jpg

I was so proud of the atmosphere from ground level perspective. haha My dojo in the back wasn't finished.

Sarcasm

Mirk...are the mods the same as you posted? I have to manually download them all?

Also..will get IP from OP but..I need to be whitelisted? Quote to see IGN.

Kind of a random question but do you or anyone who used to play on the old Neocraft have a list of the coordinates for the different areas of that world? I downloaded it back when it was first uploaded, but actually finding everything without warps is difficult.

I do have a map of it and I host it on dropbox but for some reason it doesn't work. So what I have done is zip up the map files for you to download and then open the map on your PC (in a browser). Just download this zip :-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18837300/oldmap.zip

(it is 846mbs in size)

Once downloaded upzip it then double click on the file named "pigmap-default.html" that will open the map up in your browser and you can zoom in and move around the map.

Alternatively you could use a program called Chunky. Whilst it is a 3D renderer it also gives you some basic map tools including the ability to view the map from overhead.

Mirk

Mirk...are the mods the same as you posted? I have to manually download them all?

Also..will get IP from OP but..I need to be whitelisted? Quote to see IGN.

Yup go here and extract that into your .minecraft folder once you have forge installed. I have kept the same white-list since the beginning so everyone is still on it including you.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
NihonTiger on NeoCraft - 59

oh right, that thing.

that piston setup was me, after your first episode i put that chest down there with a fortune 3, unbreaking 3, effic 5 pick. the idea was you open it and the anvil falls on you.

i guess someone found it, triggered it and took the pick.

totally forgot about that lol.

Could I be whitelisted for the survival server?

I've only learnt to make armour and weapons so far but figure the rest will come later.

I'll learn better from someone making mincecraft out of me I reckon.

ID = Gerinako

NihonTiger on NeoCraft - 59

oh right, that thing.

that piston setup was me, after your first episode i put that chest down there with a fortune 3, unbreaking 3, effic 5 pick. the idea was you open it and the anvil falls on you.

i guess someone found it, triggered it and took the pick.

totally forgot about that lol.

lol ... dang it. Anyone know where the pick went to? XD

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
It did not. There was no anvil there or a pick!

it was the anvil you picked up in the video, it was sitting on the top piston, so when you open the chest it would then fall down and hit anyone standing infront of the chest.

someone must have found the chest before you and took the pick. it's been months, coulda happened anytime.

Perkel

Banned
Whoaaa... I spent whole day making Mettalurgy mod textures for JonhSmith texture pack

got almost all ores, bricks, ignots, dusts.

What is left:

all ender ores,bricks,stuff.
all blocks
all armors
all weapons
all tools
furnaces,crushers,

Thankfully recoloring is much easier than creating new stuff. JS pack already does this for armors. Weapons on other hand will be a bit problematic. I may use 3-4 templates especially to get noticeable difference between nether ores, fantasy ores and normal ores.

Also reworked few things in JS texture pack to get more natural lighting instead of pink like lighting in night. More like default minecraft textures lighting.

Someone uses Mettalurgy here ?

Martian

So, when does Minecraft come to PS3?

I am aching for a smaller scale world (that contains every biome, a la Xbox360 minecraft)

NeededSleep

This and resogun will be my first purchases on ps4. Should say ive never played minecraft, though ive watched my gf play a lot of it.

Kinda excited!

masud

Banned
Built another spider xp grinder on the east side of spawn village in gafland (look for the wooden T). Someone should put a house on top of it.

Could I be whitelisted for the survival server?

I've only learnt to make armour and weapons so far but figure the rest will come later.

I'll learn better from someone making mincecraft out of me I reckon.

ID = Gerinako

Added you to the whitelist so you should be able to interact with the world now. When you arrive on the server you are placed in the Neocraft world. This world has the majority of our builds and is now our "creative server" (you have to ask for creative mode at the moment). To get to our survival world you need to bring up Minecraft chat with the T key and type /mv tp gafland .

Any questions don't be afraid to bug one of the minions in the world they are grouchy at the best of times but they will help you or I will smite them to hell and back and then put them in a prison which is oddly domed shaped.

it was the anvil you picked up in the video, it was sitting on the top piston, so when you open the chest it would then fall down and hit anyone standing infront of the chest.

someone must have found the chest before you and took the pick. it's been months, coulda happened anytime.

Ahhhh, well bummer. Could have used that pick for some caving soon.

celebi23

So, like I did with the Mass Effect stuff from the XBLA version (although the conversion for that one was never finished), here's the XBLA Plastic Texture Pack all set up as a Resource Pack for the PC version of Minecraft. Just unzip the folder and place it in the "resourcepacks" folder. It's about 95% finished, just have a few things to go over (menu ui/etc).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17689746/Minecraft%20Plastic%20Texture%20Pack_V3.zip

Here are some pics from the XBLA version of the texture pack:

Sarcasm

So, like I did with the Mass Effect stuff from the XBLA version (although the conversion for that one was never finished), here's the XBLA Plastic Texture Pack all set up as a Resource Pack for the PC version of Minecraft. Just unzip the folder and place it in the "resourcepacks" folder. It's about 95% finished, just have a few things to go over (menu ui/etc).

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17689746/Minecraft%20Plastic%20Texture%20Pack_V3.zip

This..is..the..BEST!

belushy

Banned
For those who haven't seen it already check out this amazing video where 4 skeleton spawners are created in survival without using anything but the mechanics of vanilla minecraft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iaU1TvIQqM

Its an incredible video and worth watching.

Wow, amazing. A lot of work, but I imagine setting up 4 skele spawners together like that would create a hell of a grinder. He says you can also build up to 8 (in theory maybe).

And he AFKed for 20 hours at his witch farm and got one and a half double chests full of redstone blocks. I really need to make myself one of those.

Crispy75

That is insane. I don't even.

I think I bit off a bit more than I can chew with my castle/walled town. Does anyone want to help me build it?

kCj9btY.png

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDD, flubbery, dibberly oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh.

I'm calm I am calm I am sooooooooo calm ........... STAINED GLASS YEAHHHHHHHHH.

Important server announcement --- when this update hits the server may experience lag as CharmingCharlie cheats a lil bit and converts all his domes to different coloured glass. Thanks for your patience and understanding. Might even colour the Amusement dome in the good ole Union Jack, God save the queen and all that jazz.

On another note I am calm cos I firmly believe Mojang will screw up stained glass somehow.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
OH MY INDEED!!!!

2CCzta6.png

cQ41b8q.gif

This, it can't finally be happening, can it? I've been asking for this for like, so long, I don't even remember how long. Is it April 1st? Am I dreaming?

Please be true. Please be true...

belushy

Banned
Happy for those that have wanted it for a long time. I will definitely use.

Also, any reason why we haven't switch to 1.6.4 yet? Doesn't it fix something with witch farms for 1.7?

tbhysgb

Can I pretty please join in on some minecraft wif u guyz?!

In all seriousness I wanted to hop on minecraft with you guys. Singleplayer is kinda boring and I havn't played multi since probably 0.5 or 6 or something. Then the group of people I played with disbanded never to hear from again. Multiplayer makes this game so much more fun.

My ID is Judohawk.

Also, any reason why we haven't switch to 1.6.4 yet? Doesn't it fix something with witch farms for 1.7?

Do you mean the Neocraft server ? Because the reason we don't use the "latest and greatest" snapshots is down to Bukkit only being updated on major releases of Minecraft. So it will be a while before the server is updated.

Can I pretty please join in on some minecraft wif u guyz?!

Added you to the whitelist so you should be able to interact with the world now. Any problems just give us a yell.

belushy

Banned
Do you mean the Neocraft server ? Because the reason we don't use the "latest and greatest" snapshots is down to Bukkit only being updated on major releases of Minecraft. So it will be a while before the server is updated.

Added you to the whitelist so you should be able to interact with the world now. Any problems just give us a yell.

Ah, okay. Guess I shouldn't waste my time making a witch farm then? I also forgot we are considering switching to a new map once 1.7 comes out.

Top Bottom