• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

That is insane. I don't even.

I think I bit off a bit more than I can chew with my castle/walled town. Does anyone want to help me build it?

kCj9btY.png

Yep, I'll help soon-ish. Working on some other projects that I have to finish up first.

Woorloog

Banned
Stained glass finally (whenever the patch comes, that is)?
Well then, i guess i'll have to start planning on building something...

EDIT now i want diamond/blue chickens to Minecraft, along with other Minecraft 2.0 features..

celebi23

So, like I did with the Mass Effect stuff from the XBLA version (although the conversion for that one was never finished), here's the XBLA Plastic Texture Pack all set up as a Resource Pack for the PC version of Minecraft. Just unzip the folder and place it in the "resourcepacks" folder. It's version 4 of the pack and it's just about finished, just have a few things to go over (menu ui/etc). Got rid of all the glitches. Turns out some of the new textures weren't the same as the default ones. Once I fixed those, everything ran great. Enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17689746/Minecraft%20Plastic%20Texture%20Pack_V5.zip

Here are some pics from the XBLA version of the texture pack:

The latest version of the resource pack will always be on:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17689746/mctp/index.html

Sarcasm

So, like I did with the Mass Effect stuff from the XBLA version (although the conversion for that one was never finished), here's the XBLA Plastic Texture Pack all set up as a Resource Pack for the PC version of Minecraft. Just unzip the folder and place it in the "resourcepacks" folder. It's version 4 of the pack and it's just about finished, just have a few things to go over (menu ui/etc). Got rid of all the glitches. Turns out some of the new textures weren't the same as the default ones. Once I fixed those, everything ran great. Enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17689746/Minecraft%20Plastic%20Texture%20Pack_V5.zip

Here are some pics from the XBLA version of the texture pack:

The latest version of the resource pack will always be on:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17689746/mctp/index.html

I may actually play MINECRAFT cause of youuuuuuu!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
my horse is missing from her pen. :(

if anyone see's an all black horse with diamond armour named 'Signum', please rescue her.

She's my first ever horse and i dont want to lose her yet. ;_;

edit: crisis averted, someone already found her and leashed her at spawn.
thank you, whoever you are!

my horse is missing from her pen. :(

if anyone see's an all black horse with diamond armour named 'Signum', please rescue her.

She's my first ever horse and i dont want to lose her yet. ;_;

edit: crisis averted, someone already found her and leashed her at spawn.
thank you, whoever you are!

Yeah, I saw her hitched at Spawn near my house last night. Thought it might have been yours so I was going to ask you about it today

legacyzero

Banned
i updated to 1.6.4 accidently, but Neocraft is 1.6.2......

Anybody got a link for the right jar file? I can't seem to find it, or instructions to make it work :(

legacyzero

Banned
You can downgrade from the launcher now, man.

Edit Profile then there's a "Use version:" drop down list :)

Gotcha! Thanks.

ANOTHER problem. The server wont let me access any of my locked boxes, and anytime i change items, my guy throws them... what the hell..... It wont let me access anything like pressing buttons to open doors, tables, ovens, etc. And my creative mode is gone :/

Made a new iron Golem farm/supply/reserve in Gafville today since I hadn't built anything yet that was beneficial to others. Coordinates are x: -321, Y: -1215. There's about 20 golems there atm, so bring your leads, and grab yourself some golems to protect your well constructed villager "concentration camp." Panda already has a great villager camp setup. Are you gonna let him be more awesome than you? Grab your golem guards today!

They're free of course. (Edit: BE SURE TO READ THE SIGNS INSIDE IF YOU'RE NEW TO THE MINECRAFTS. :D )

Also many thanks to Thorn and his super awesome iron generator. The iron golems his farm kills has helped me to build a substantial number of the golems I made. Of course, I'm doing the right thing and standing inside of his iron generator to resupply whatever I take. It's only fair. Without it, I would have 5 golems instead of 20. :). I will supply more as I'm able to get the materials.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
A problem for which you have found a solution. A final solution, if you will.
Yes! thank you.

i'm just solving a problem that has plagued player characters everywhere, i'm the good guy!

i mean really, you give them 19 wheat for an emerald but they sell you like 3 bread for an emerald and they do it using player character funded crafting benches! they cant be allowed to double dip like that or to take such blatant advantage of the player characters. I am only equalizing an unfair disparity.

When the history books are written, i imagine they will remember me as a hero.

OK legacy I have whitelisted you, only made you a citizen though because I couldn't remember if you were a donator or not. Have fun and catch ya later.

-Minsc-

So, I've been messing around with Starmade and started working on my space station. Charlie will feel right at home, futuristic domes will never be looked down upon.

I really like the "symmetry build plane" system this game has. Set your X, Y, and/or Z planes and whenever you place a block it automatically places a block on the mirror side. The game so far is designed to work similar to MC creative mode (though you still have to gather resources) so any option which speeds up building is all the better. :)

So I made an SP world just to piddle around in and spawned in a prairie biome surrounded by well over 50 horses. Like, whoa. So then I started logging and kept hearing a sheep, but never seeing one. Finally, I looked up...

wezP1Yf.jpg

He's perfectly trapped in the leaves above the trunk. Sheep trees confirmed?!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i need leather.
i have a looting 3 sword.
i killed all my cows.
i did not use my looting 3 sword.
i watched beefs video where he kills like 5 cows for 15 leather.
i now feel silly.

-Minsc-

This is probably asked here a lot but does anyone have an update on when the 1.7 version will be released?

That is a question I'm sure every Minecrafter asks. The answer is whenever Mojang releases 1.7. They likely don't even know when that'll be. The next question will be, when will NeoCraft update to 1.7? Anywhere from 1-10 weeks after the official 1.7 release.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
So I made an SP world just to piddle around in and spawned in a prairie biome surrounded by well over 50 horses. Like, whoa. So then I started logging and kept hearing a sheep, but never seeing one. Finally, I looked up...

wezP1Yf.jpg

He's perfectly trapped in the leaves above the trunk. Sheep trees confirmed?!
Animals generate in tree leaves all the time. It's a bug that's been around for ages and never gets fixed. Especially chickens in the Jungle.

Sarcasm

Yep. But crux of it is Better World Generation. It really makes a difference. Naturally shaders is why it look so good.

I can't wait for 1.7 new biomes and BWG 1.7 version. It should be amazing to explore.

Bonus shots:

The last time I tried shaders in 1.6 the broken lines annoyed me...

how did you manage to not get there? Can you share your shader mods?

I use to use Mill & BoP. (love slime islands lol)

Perkel

Banned
The last time I tried shaders in 1.6 the broken lines annoyed me...

how did you manage to not get there? Can you share your shader mods?

I use to use Mill & BoP. (love slime islands lol)

most of shaders are junk. I use SEUS V.10 Ultra Dof. Consistent and doesn't oversaturate colors.

most of shaders are junk. I use SEUS V.10 Ultra Dof. Consistent and doesn't oversaturate colors.

I just tried running that shader pack yesterday and it told me my computer wasn't good enough, which I thought was amusing, considering every other game defaults to Ultra. Guess it's time to start pricing Titans.

Perkel

Banned
I just tried running that shader pack yesterday and it told me my computer wasn't good enough, which I thought was amusing, considering every other game defaults to Ultra. Guess it's time to start pricing Titans.

heh. You need to have default minecraft doing over 100fps+ to get it working on 30-60 fps with shaders. Even more if you want to have far+ view distance and high resolution.

I have Q9300@3Ghz + HD6870 and i am doing most of the time 30-50 fps. When i switch to normal +40-60 i am doing 40-60.

For sure you won't be able to get decent framerate with laptop CPUs or GPUs with those shaderpacks.

Did you try to run it with short viewing range ?

heh. You need to have default minecraft doing over 100fps+ to get it working on 30-60 fps with shaders. Even more if you want to have far+ view distance and high resolution.

I have Q9300@3Ghz + HD6870 and i am doing most of the time 30-50 fps. When i switch to normal +40-60 i am doing 40-60.

For sure you won't be able to get decent framerate with laptop CPUs or GPUs with those shaderpacks.

Did you try to run it with short viewing range ?

No. And my machine is a PII 970 @ 3.5ghz with a GTX 560ti. I routinely get well over 100fps normally.

Top Bottom