• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Ark

Why isn't this in Community yet...?

Because we aren't really a problem. Why should it matter? Sending this thread to community is a death sentence for getting new users.

yep.

although at the moment im focused on building an emerald surplus before going after the useful trades. still, i have some useful guys in there, mostly lvl 1 trade diamond gear guys and/or good enchants.

im going to need more cells.

The great entrepreneur!

Because we aren't really a problem. Why should it matter? Sending this thread to community is a death sentence for getting new users.
It's just that OT threads like this one are usually sent to Community, and yet neither this nor OT2 for Smash 4 have been, and I'm not sure why. Was there a change in policy I wasn't aware of?

I'm gonna need so much more coal and glass blocks to finish my super gigantic beer mug. I'm contemplating on whether or not I want to continue.

Ark

It's just that OT threads like this one are usually sent to Community, and yet neither this nor OT2 for Smash 4 have been, and I'm not sure why. Was there a change in policy I wasn't aware of?

I think it's just a case of the mods not noticing the threads and their date. This isn't the most popular thread so it's rarely on the front-page. Either way, I'm not complaining ;)

Since when did beer look like coal?

It must be full of Guinness.

Working on some stuff tonight and a new Neocraft video going up tommorrow, I think. I went to Woolley's place and walked around town now that I'm beginning to explore where to build stuff.

The temptation to build Fortress 2.0 is growing, too. :(

Ark

Working on some stuff tonight and a new Neocraft video going up tommorrow, I think. I went to Woolley's place and walked around town now that I'm beginning to explore where to build stuff.

You could always build a 'small scale' version in preparation for 1.7 :p

I'll say. I made the Warframe OT and it got moved to Community too fast. Pain in the ass to get new players in the clan/thread!

woolley

If I knew I was getting visitors I would've cleaned up a little bit. :p

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
you can cook with blaze rods?

Oh hell yeah, in my SSP world I cook everything using blaze rods, I mean what else do you do with them? (I have a blaze grinder, and many many stacks of blaze rods...)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
My village (desert north of ark's farm) is far more humane if you guys wanna do business there...
okay, okay. i get the message.

we have now taken steps to improve our villagers experience in the death factory.

HEul2L4.jpg

Ark

I meant to ask this a while ago: How has the server stability been since I made Dynmap update more slowly? I've not heard anything about it since so I presume it's all well and good, but it's worth asking. Also how are the mobs? Too many/too few etc.

Morokh

I meant to ask this a while ago: How has the server stability been since I made Dynmap update more slowly? I've not heard anything about it since so I presume it's all well and good, but it's worth asking. Also how are the mobs? Too many/too few etc.

don't know when you did this but I get more regular spawns at my witch farm these last few days and the last round of caving/lighting I did was more than a week ago and spawn rates were still almost non existent at the time.

Ark

don't know when you did this but I get more regular spawns at my witch farm these last few days and the last round of caving/lighting I did was more than a week ago and spawn rates were still almost non existent at the time.

I think I changed it about 2 weeks ago. I figured I'd stop tinkering with the mob limit for a couple of weeks to see how it pans out.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i havent seen any of those 'run into new chunks and its full of burning mobs' issues in the last little while and my shifting floor grinder seems to have picked up in pace.

so looking good.

-Minsc-

I did notice earlier in the week I was getting little to no spawns at my pigmen gold farm on NeoCraft. Plenty of mobs spawn elsewhere in the nether, just not at the gold farm. I'm not sure when the gold farm stopped working but it was all good before the introduction of GafLand. Could something be keeping surrounding mobs from despawning?

Server stability seems better to me.

Mobs I think need some tweaking. The mob limit would be fine if it wasn't on hard mode or if some of the upgrades mobs have gotten over recent updates weren't there, such as zombies spawning more zombies. Other people may disagree and like a challenge, but I play Minecraft to chill out so it's a complete pain in the ass to me.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
I wish there was a way to upgrade the gear mobs spawn with. I'm tired of seeing zombies in enchanted leather...

mobs can spawn with full diamond gear, it's just extremely rare.

in theory a power 5, flame, punch 2, full protect 4 diamond armour skellie could show up and explode half the servers faces. pray that it does not happen.

Mirk

Regarding the FTB server. Since a 1.6 update is taking awhile I am thinking for using a private mod pack for us gaffers and this server. So if you guys could help me with picking what mods we should use and what not to use that would be great!

These will be in the pack regardless of what we vote to put in.

InvTweaks
nei
rei_minimap

Regarding the FTB server. Since a 1.6 update is taking awhile I am thinking for using a private mod pack for us gaffers and this server. So if you guys could help me with picking what mods we should use and what not to use that would be great!

InvTweaks
nei
rei_minimap

This is a good idea.

I would ask for Thaumcraft, for sure. IC2, Factorization, Forestry, Twilight Forest are all pretty good.

I also like Hats, but that's got to be something we all decide on.

Mirk

So I have the modded server up and running for testing 1.6.2 with mods if any of you would like to give it a go here is how.

First you'll need forge, d/l here to install it just double click the file and install for client. Once it is installed launch MC and go to profiles and there should now be a forge profile use that.

Exit MC and add these mods to your mod folder. Quote to see link and server IP.

Once the mods are added you should be good to go.

Sarcasm

InvTweaks
nei
rei_minimap

Mod for 1.6.4? If so I been playing my personal 1.6.2 mods..most have been updated to 1.6.4.

This is a good idea.

I would ask for Thaumcraft, for sure. IC2, Factorization, Forestry, Twilight Forest are all pretty good.

I also like Hats, but that's got to be something we all decide on.

Sadly no TC for 1.6.X I believe

ShadiWulf

Is there a limit to how far we can explore in gafland? I haven't really decided to on a place to build yet, was just trying to look around, got some food from the farm, but there was a zombie in gold armor in the farm that killed me. ha. I saw the Map, people here build fast.

was hoping to play longer tonight and start a base, but came down with something all of a sudden and just not feeling really good, hopefully can get on again tomorrow. Haven't had time to get on recently.

Mirk

So for the modded server go here and see all the mods we can add for 1.6.2 and post what you want to add and i'll test them all out and add what I can.

zashga

Based on our experience tonight, I vote to exclude Gregtech. Sure we're used to some of the machines in adds, but man. He is losing his goddamn mind fiddling with basic stuff. I can't believe the changes he's made to iron tools now, not to mention the changes to wood and sticks. Completely bizarre.

Mirk

Based on our experience tonight, I vote to exclude Gregtech. Sure we're used to some of the machines in adds, but man. He is losing his goddamn mind fiddling with basic stuff. I can't believe the changes he's made to iron tools now, not to mention the changes to wood and sticks. Completely bizarre.

I updated the mods d/l in my post above so we have NEI atleast so we can see what we all need to make the stuff. >.> But yes greg has lost his mind. I'll see if I can't keep it but make the recipes easier to make.

Okay after playing with it a bit its not really all that bad. :D

Dmented

Banned
Ark, can I get whitelisted on the modded server?

Edit: Mirk, sorry not Ark. Saw the r and k at the end and got confused. Btw making a mod pack like that is a pain in the ass last I tried. Have to really mess with block ids and such.

Mirk

Ark, can I get whitelisted on the modded server?

Edit: Mirk, sorry not Ark. Saw the r and k at the end and got confused. Btw making a mod pack like that is a pain in the ass last I tried. Have to really mess with block ids and such.

sure whats your in game name?

Dmented

Banned
Your best bet is to do a fresh install then follow the steps of my post. If you have old config files in your MC folder it can mess it up.

Same stuff happens, it could be because the server's configs are using different IDs than the ones I generate myself. I believe this is why when making a mod pack you need to include the configs because everyone has to have the same item IDs.

Mirk

Same stuff happens, it could be because the server's configs are using different IDs than the ones I generate myself. I believe this is why when making a mod pack you need to include the configs because everyone has to have the same item IDs.

Well that could be but me dry and ash where playing just fine a bit ago. Here are the server config files if you want to try using them. Quote to see!

Top Bottom