• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

zashga

I updated the mods d/l in my post above so we have NEI atleast so we can see what we all need to make the stuff. >.> But yes greg has lost his mind. I'll see if I can't keep it but make the recipes easier to make.

Okay after playing with it a bit its not really all that bad. :D

I spent more time than I should have looking into this. My conclusions:

1. Greg is a disturbed individual
  2. We can undo his bizarre changes to vanilla minecraft stuff using the GregTech config files

There are a few things he changed (apparently in July of this year) that we'll want to undo for our own sanity. Here are the ones I'm aware of so far:

• Crafting wood blocks yields 2 planks, not 4 (unless you use a saw tool)
  • Crafting sticks from planks yields 2 sticks, not 4 (unless you use a saw tool)
  • Recipes for iron tools and armor are absurdly complex
  • Stone and wood tools have greatly reduced durability

We can fix these by editing the GregTech config files, which are located in your Minecraft installation (i.e. C:\Users\[Your PC Username]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\config\GregTech by default on a Windows PC). Here are the changes you'll need to make:

Code:
In GregTech.cfg:
    In "general" group:
        Change settings from "true" to "false" for the following items:
            B:WoodNeedsSawForCrafting
            B:smallerStoneToolDurability
            B:smallerWoodToolDurability

In DynamicConfig.cfg:
    In "recipereplacements" group:
        Change all settings for all items from "true" to "false"

This seems to work in singleplayer, so I'm hopeful it'll work in multiplayer too if we apply these config settings on the server.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Crispy is such a busy little beaver around spawn. everytime i pass through there's something new to look at.

cant imagine what he'll have built when i come back from my vacation.

Crispy75

Crispy is such a busy little beaver around spawn. everytime i pass through there's something new to look at.

cant imagine what he'll have built when i come back from my vacation.

I think I'm almost done with that area now. Don't want to clutter things up too much!

A player called Andy came on the other day and gifted me a beacon. Very kind! So I think I'll build a new base somewhere else.

I also quite like the look of that ravine NW of spawn. It's been a while since I did excavationary work...

Mmmmkay, I've looked over that list of mods and, though I haven't really looked into what we already have, these are the ones that stood out to me:

Ruins Mod - Adds more structures like the jungle temple

Flenix Roads - In case we want to do something more modern

Galacticraft - SPACE MAGIC

Ironchests - I saw this had our upgraded chests

More Swords Mod - More phallic devices to penetrate people with is always a good thing

Crispy75

What's the score for permitting non-forum-members accessing the server? No? On condition? Have a trusted friend who'd like to come play, but he's not got a gaf account.

-Minsc-

What's the score for permitting non-forum-members accessing the server? No? On condition? Have a trusted friend who'd like to come play, but he's not got a gaf account.

I and, I believe others, have invited friends onto the server. Basically they just have to play by the rules like everyone else.

Ark

There's a $600 finders fee.

Just give me/Charlie a name and we'll add them in.

Mirk

I spent more time than I should have looking into this. My conclusions:

1. Greg is a disturbed individual
  2. We can undo his bizarre changes to vanilla minecraft stuff using the GregTech config files

There are a few things he changed (apparently in July of this year) that we'll want to undo for our own sanity. Here are the ones I'm aware of so far:

• Crafting wood blocks yields 2 planks, not 4 (unless you use a saw tool)
  • Crafting sticks from planks yields 2 sticks, not 4 (unless you use a saw tool)
  • Recipes for iron tools and armor are absurdly complex
  • Stone and wood tools have greatly reduced durability

We can fix these by editing the GregTech config files, which are located in your Minecraft installation (i.e. C:\Users\[Your PC Username]\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\config\GregTech by default on a Windows PC). Here are the changes you'll need to make:

Code:
In GregTech.cfg:
    In "general" group:
        Change settings from "true" to "false" for the following items:
            B:WoodNeedsSawForCrafting
            B:smallerStoneToolDurability
            B:smallerWoodToolDurability

In DynamicConfig.cfg:
    In "recipereplacements" group:
        Change all settings for all items from "true" to "false"

This seems to work in singleplayer, so I'm hopeful it'll work in multiplayer too if we apply these config settings on the server.

i'll do this then. Sarcasm I haven't decided on any mods yet hoping to get some more feedback on what everyone would like to have.

Mirk

The NeoCrack server is now updated to 1.6.2!!!

In this post I'll do my best to show anyone who wants to join how to install it.

First you will need to make sure your Minecraft is running 1.6.2

Open the Minecraft launcher and go to profiles.
first.png

Then make sure you have 1.6.2 in use. Not latest
2nd.png

After that exit Minecraft and you'll be installing Forge. Get that HERE. Once that is downloaded double click it to open.
forge.png

Install for client. Hit ok

Now that Forge is installed. Next is added the mods and configs.
To get it and the server ip. Quote to see!!
Extract these files into your .minecraft folder. To find that folder type %appdata%\.minecraft into your windows search.

Thats it just open up Minecraft using the Forge profile and add the server ip and you should be good to go. To Play normal Minecraft or play on NeoCraft all you need to do change your profile back. If you have any problems please send me a PM!

-Minsc-

Nihon Tiger on NeoCraft - Episode 58

Interesting topic of discussion. While I haven't gotten in to watching all that many lets play's and the like, you do make good points. Someone embarking on such an endeavor should do so because they want to, not to ride off the fame of another. At the end of the day, if you're just going "hey, me too" and fishing for attention you'll likely never get what you want. In your videos you've definitely come in to your own thing. I know at the start you weren't really sure how to proceed so you definitely borrowed a lot from other lets players.

On server, I've learned to go do as I please (within reason of course ;) ). The idea is to play the way I like and have fun in the process.

Would you ever be interested in having other NeoCrafters join you in your vids via something like the Mumble server? We certainly have plenty of personalities on here. The only question is would people be mic shy? ;)

Edit: I could go to Woolley and show him how I built my lighthouse. Though it may require some great modification to the lighthouse base as from what I could see in the video it may be too small. This of course assumes Woolley would even want it changed. ;)

Nihon Tiger on NeoCraft - Episode 58

Interesting topic of discussion. While I haven't gotten in to watching all that many lets play's and the like, you do make good points. Someone embarking on such an endeavor should do so because they want to, not to ride off the fame of another. At the end of the day, if you're just going "hey, me too" and fishing for attention you'll likely never get what you want. In your videos you've definitely come in to your own thing. I know at the start you weren't really sure how to proceed so you definitely borrowed a lot from other lets players.

On server, I've learned to go do as I please (within reason of course ;) ). The idea is to play the way I like and have fun in the process.

Would you ever be interested in having other NeoCrafters join you in your vids via something like the Mumble server? We certainly have plenty of personalities on here. The only question is would people be mic shy? ;)

Edit: I could go to Woolley and show him how I built my lighthouse. Though it may require some great modification to the lighthouse base as from what I could see in the video it may be too small. This of course assumes Woolley would even want it changed. ;)

Please please please do so :) I would love to have you guys on as part of the series.

So yeah, went on a nice trek last week to find a NPC village. Found one in the desert, built a high fence all the way around, built a mating building. Things were good, then came the monster attacks. At first it was no big deal, the zombies would attack from the darker areas of my village and I addressed that. Then there were not dark areas in the village but zombies were still in the village. Built a Iron Golem and that guy did not do much. So my villagers are now all gone and the Iron Golem is just walking around. So I am dismantling the village and going to create on top of it.

Morokh

So yeah, went on a nice trek last week to find a NPC village. Found one in the desert, built a high fence all the way around, built a mating building. Things were good, then came the monster attacks. At first it was no big deal, the zombies would attack from the darker areas of my village and I addressed that. Then there were not dark areas in the village but zombies were still in the village. Built a Iron Golem and that guy did not do much. So my villagers are now all gone and the Iron Golem is just walking around. So I am dismantling the village and going to create on top of it.

You can cure some zombie villagers and repopulate you know :eek:

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Did you light up the roofs of the village? You need to put torches on the flat roofs, and if the village has a well you need a torch on top of that too.

I've never experienced a properly lighted town getting zombies in the walls, but I have discovered dark spots that I missed. Always embarrassing...

kidko

If you kill a zombie, they will spawn in a bunch more, so you pretty much can't kill any zombies anywhere near your villagers.

ShadiWulf

I went to the nether lastnight without a bow, i wasn't expecting there to be so many ghasts, all i wanted to do was set up a portal

needless to say it never got setup, i got killed instead, but luckily i didn't have anything too valuable with me, just some time consuming obsidian.

will never go into the nether without a bow again

I think I'm almost done with that area now. Don't want to clutter things up too much!

A player called Andy came on the other day and gifted me a beacon. Very kind! So I think I'll build a new base somewhere else.

I also quite like the look of that ravine NW of spawn. It's been a while since I did excavationary work...

Hey, I'll message you tonight about the path by my house. I have some ideas and I think we can combine yours and mine into something awesome.

masud

Banned

One golem won't cut it always make 3 or 4. But if you properly light the inside of your wall (put some torches on top of the wall too) you shouldn't have a problem.

Beer mug tower/might not be beer mug tower at the end is coming along nicely. I think its around 70-75 high now. I think I'll go another 20 levels or so and stop. So much fuckin glass.

p5cJrKl.png

Well all of the villagers are dead, no where to be found, the golem follows me around, and I checked at night, I had the village well lit and the roofs were well lit too. Oh well, this might push me on to Mirks server. We will see. :(

So nihon, care to plan a little mumble test run in the near future?

Yep, let me know when is good for you. My only concern is that my Internet has been acting up again, and I'm supposed to get it finally solved on Saturday. So I hope it'll behave until then, but I dunno.

Drazgul

Well all of the villagers are dead, no where to be found, the golem follows me around, and I checked at night, I had the village well lit and the roofs were well lit too. Oh well, this might push me on to Mirks server. We will see. :(

Just in case for the future, I've always considered Monster Spawn Highlighter to be a must-have mod. It should work as a purely client-side mod, no need for servers to have it installed.

Of course, some might consider it a bit cheaty, but let them enjoy creepers blowing up half their bases because they had 1 block that light didn't quite reach. :p

Is NeoCrack running GT on hard mode btw. (or is that even a thing anymore, been a while)?

-Minsc-

Yep, let me know when is good for you. My only concern is that my Internet has been acting up again, and I'm supposed to get it finally solved on Saturday. So I hope it'll behave until then, but I dunno.

Even if your internet is flaky, we can use the opportunity to get people used to being on stage. ;)

For me evenings between 8:30-12:00 AST can work for me. Saturday is hard to say, depends if I feel like heading out in the evening. Sundays are usually pretty good anytime throughout the day.

Even if your internet is flaky, we can use the opportunity to get people used to being on stage. ;)

For me evenings between 8:30-12:00 AST can work for me. Saturday is hard to say, depends if I feel like heading out in the evening. Sundays are usually pretty good anytime throughout the day.

That time should work for me, too. I usually record in the evening or on weekends.

Sarcasm

Just post here when yea guys start it. I always check. Been easy too busy to pay anything myself..so may just jump in to chat.

Just in case for the future, I've always considered Monster Spawn Highlighter to be a must-have mod. It should work as a purely client-side mod, no need for servers to have it installed.

Of course, some might consider it a bit cheaty, but let them enjoy creepers blowing up half their bases because they had 1 block that light didn't quite reach. :p

Is NeoCrack running GT on hard mode btw. (or is that even a thing anymore, been a while)?

That would be nice, the spawn locator that is. But that is ok, I am going to level the town after I try out my old-school spawn trap, but I have to finish that first.

Grinchy

Banned
If someone wants to post the link to the old Neocraft map I don't have a problem with that. The link is :-

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18837300/world.zip

I would do it myself but I cannot stand that cesspit of a shithole that is reddit.

Kind of a random question but do you or anyone who used to play on the old Neocraft have a list of the coordinates for the different areas of that world? I downloaded it back when it was first uploaded, but actually finding everything without warps is difficult.

Top Bottom