• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Looks like 1.7 may finally be upon us. Nathan just posted on twitter that they have released the PRE-RELEASE version of 1.7 :-

Nathan Adams said:
It feels like we’ve been working on this for a year now, with more than half a million lines of code changed over 1,104 commits we’ve been working extremely hard on this update. We’re calling this one “The update that changed the world”, because it really has in two different ways; there’s over twice the amount of ingame biomes, and we’ve overhauled lots of the code preparing for the plugin API.

Here’s a list of cool things that may be coming your way on Friday, if the pre-release goes well!

https://mojang.com/2013/10/minecraft-1-7-the-update-that-changed-the-world/

So if all goes well from what I can tell 1.7 will be released on Friday 25th. Naturally we will then have to wait for Bukkit to update before the Neocraft server switches to 1.7. I eagerly await the first person to post "OMG I updated to 1.7 and I can't get into Neocraft now" ;-)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Looks like 1.7 may finally be upon us. Nathan just posted on twitter that they have released the PRE-RELEASE version of 1.7 :-

So if all goes well from what I can tell 1.7 will be released on Friday 25th. Naturally we will then have to wait for Bukkit to update before the Neocraft server switches to 1.7. I eagerly await the first person to post "OMG I updated to 1.7 and I can't get into Neocraft now" ;-)

Yeah, saw that. On one hand I'm excited as I can finally wander off in my SSP world and explore new lands.

On the other hand, I'm upset because the ocean biomes have not been improved like 1.7 was supposed to do. Sure, we got a lot of other nice improvements like fishing, new flowers, and finally stained glass! But I was really hoping for them to give us a reason to go deep sea diving, especially since we now have the improved underwater vision enchant. :(

The new wood colors are super sweet though. New stairs!!!!

I take it oceans are still miserable little piles of gravel (but enough talk have at you) instead of the sand/dirt/clay mix they used to be?

Boom, Minecon surprise, just as I thought.

Speaking of which, anything you guys want to see from Minecon? I wish Neocraft had a T-shirt so I could rep it. PonyGAF has a T-shirt; why not us?

Morokh

Halloween was also a safe bet since there is always an update around that time, now we might also get a little additional surprise :)

Anyone using or know of any good link to people using qCraft? Is that forum the current best place for info on this?

qCraft is a mod that brings the principles of quantum physics to the world of Minecraft.

I've played a little Minecraft, for educational excuses, and have no real experience with modding. Downloaded the TechicLauncher (with Tekkit) and installed, no problems. It seemed safe but could someone vouch for this?
qcraft6bswm.png

I understand the basics of redstone circuitry and see there are some steep learning curves here. I also see the potential of this and want to explore it a bit more. Any suggestions or thoughts appreciated.

I searched gaming, qCraft returned nothing; being pointed to a thread also appreciated.

So, for those of you who've paid attention, I haven't had a video out in about two weeks' time from the server (though that's about to change), and there's a pretty good reason why:

I was hard at work building this.
Took me so long to do that I was throwing most of my free time into it and just finished it on the last day of the competition, with the story being the last part

welp, that kind of deflates my villager work. :p i was hoping for a month or two to go.

To be fair we will still have a huge arse wait for Neocraft to update to 1.7. Good ole Neocraft won't update till there is a "stable" release of bukkit for 1.7. Now how long that will take is anyone's guess. In the past it has usually been weeks (even a month) after the an official minecraft release.

So it I was to guesstimate I wouldn't expect Neocraft to be on 1.7 till the end of November at the earliest. Hell the way it goes with Bukkit sometimes it could be well into December before Neocraft updates.

Mengy

To be fair we will still have a huge arse wait for Neocraft to update to 1.7. Good ole Neocraft won't update till there is a "stable" release of bukkit for 1.7. Now how long that will take is anyone's guess. In the past it has usually been weeks (even a month) after the an official minecraft release.

So it I was to guesstimate I wouldn't expect Neocraft to be on 1.7 till the end of November at the earliest. Hell the way it goes with Bukkit sometimes it could be well into December before Neocraft updates.

True. But now that we have 1.7 upon us, the unanswered question remains:

What are we doing on Neocraft? Are we:

A) Leaving both Neocraft and GAFland alone and simply exploring new chunks for the new stuff?

B) Resetting GAFland (the multiverse map) to a new 1.7 map for all the new flowers and biome stuff?

I really don't care to be honest. Whatever we decide I know that I'm packing my stuff up and heading out for new lands, wherever they may be. I'm gonna set up a new home in a savannah somewhere...

Ark

I was under the impression that we agreed to wipe GAFLand and leave NeoCraft as is.

Right around when the PS4 launches in Europe :(

What are we doing on Neocraft?

It is my understanding that the Neocraft world is staying as it is (good thing because I cannot wait to use stained glass on the domes). Since most people on the Neocraft world have creative mode they will have access to all the new stuff anyway.

Now Gafland I think Ark wants to reset that so people can have a fresh start with all the new stuff and the "enhanced" biomes.

NeoCraft needs to be retired, IMHO.

I'll
retire you in a minute
;-)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i was wondering who did that >_>

i have achieved my 8th trade paper villager, the emeralds have begun to flow like a thick, rich molasses.

although i now realize that villagers have 9 trade options because all villagers can trade gold.
buuuut thats like a 0.3% chance and ive built an emergency gold farm just incase.

Oh, and NihonTiger on NeoCraft - 60 - Neighborly Cat is up, in which we go check on Bluebren amid a zombie infestation.

this video hits upon a serious problem that has plagued me for months.

how do you pronounce 'nytonm'???

Ok here is my thinking on what should happen if we all live long enough to see 1.7 update on Neocraft. When the server updates I'll back up both maps and we have a weekend of blowing crap up (on both Neocraft and Gafland).

After the orgy of blowing crap up, Gafland gets reset and Neocraft trundles on. However since Neocraft has started to get a bit bloated I will spend the week after the reset trimming it down then upload it again.

Then things can carry on as normal.

kidko

Ok here is my thinking on what should happen if we all live long enough to see 1.7 update on Neocraft. When the server updates I'll back up both maps and we have a weekend of blowing crap up (on both Neocraft and Gafland).

After the orgy of blowing crap up, Gafland gets reset and Neocraft trundles on. However since Neocraft has started to get a bit bloated I will spend the week after the reset trimming it down then upload it again.

this plan sounds like a BLAST

Crispy75

I can get with that.

For the restart, I vote for a completely clean slate. Everybody has to punch trees.
I know this will be an unpopular opinion, because people have been hoarding, but I think it's healthy and sobering to start from scratch every now and then :)

Wait, you guys are on GAFland?

Neocraft and Gafland are on the same server (just separate worlds). If someone is on Gafland and you are on Neocraft you can still talk to each other as if you were on the same world. Just incase you don't know to get to gafland you go on Neocraft then type /mv tp gafland that will take you to gafland. To get back to Neocraft you just type /spawn.

Morokh

Can't wait ! :p
Put the Gafland map for download if you can ;)

Mengy

It looks like 1.7.2 is now available via the launcher:

https://twitter.com/jeb_/status/393725858588160001

Well, I guess Terraria and S.P.A.Z. will have to be put on hold, because Minecraft is going to take all of my gaming time this weekend, lol.

I've decided I'm going to travel thousands of blocks east in my SSP world and start a brand new main base in the new world generation. I still haven't finished working on my current base, but I'm going to abandon it anyway and start a new one, because I want to be smack in the middle of the new lands. I actually might make my base into a huge village this time and populate it with cured zombie villagers just to give my base some life. I just have to find a good savannah mountain biome first...

Bah, the server I play on won't be updating for a while. Is there still a whitelist for the Gaf server? Do I need to PM anyone?

Edit: Wait, doesn't Neocraft always take weeks to update as well?

Bah, the server I play on won't be updating for a while. Is there still a whitelist for the Gaf server? Do I need to PM anyone?

if you want to be white listed just fire a pm to me with your minecraft username (or post it here, which ever you feel comfortable with).

Yes it will be some time before Neocraft gets updated to 1.7. This is completely out of our hands because we have to wait for the Bukkit team to update their mod. The Bukkit mod contains various enhancements to minecraft that are pretty essential (such as no creeper damage).

Many many moons ago when my hair wasn't grey Mojang was "supposed" to be integrating Bukkit into the game so we wouldn't have this huge arse wait but I guess Notch got distracted buying another diving watch.

So yeah it could be a fair wait yet till Neocraft is updated too 1.7. Hopefully the guys doing the Bukkit mod don't run into too many problems.

Crispy75

Presumably now with the snapshots, the Bukkit authors can keep their work up to date and we won't have to wait as long.

Although a few weeks would be nice so I can finish my castle :D

Mengy

Yep, it's why I'll be playing on my SSP world for awhile. The new stuff in the patch really is awesome. I'm gonna used stained glass freaking EVERYWHERE. I'm gonna explore dozens of biomes again. I'm going to fish for a change. I'm going to make entire villages out of the new wood colors. I'm gonna build bases up in the snowy mountains above the clouds. Lots to do...

Thanks!

It's: puppetshadow

I assume you'll be skipping 1.64 and going straight to 1.72 when bukkit updates?

All sorted you can interact with the world now. I imagine the bukkit team will be targeting 1.7.2. Hopefully it won't take them too long but from what I hear Mojang have made some huge changes to the "code" so that could complicate things.

UNCMark

Banned
Is this the thread to talk about Minecraft 360 as well?

If so, just an FYI that there's currently a free Halloween Texture Pack added on XBL.

Mengy

I really like the new wood colors and stained glass. Gives a ton more variety in color combinations:

Although I have noticed one bad thing about 1.7.2, it might just be me but the draw distance seems to have been shortened. There is now an option to set draw distance in chunk increments, but even at the max 16 chunk draw distance it seems less than before to me. :(

belushy

Banned
I'm going to happily play 1.7, but the update I want the most is one that adds a bunch of new ores and building blocks to the game.

FTB really spoiled me when I mined that Vanilla just seems so bare resource wise. Basalt, Marble, Tin, Silver, Copper, Sapphires, Rubies, among many others.

I also would want an update that adds a whole bunch of wildlife. Having something like an Elephant would be awesome to see for the first time.

Also, yes I know I could just play the mods to get these kind of experiences, but I just feel like these would be good additions to Minecraft. I don't want machines and power though. That just isn't something that should ever be in Vanilla tbh

Top Bottom