• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
i feel like i can now relate to the poorer members of the server, being poor and out of business, living off of the small amount of savings i have, i feel like i'm just one of the guys now.

mWALzUs.jpg

Ark

Here is my preliminary plan for the actual infrastructure of Arkyoto. I originally wanted the whole thing to be on a pedestal, but I'm not sure that's going to work because it could be quite ugly. New plan/idea is to have a pedestal in front of the castle with a few "expensive" fancy buildings, then a canal, and a bridge leading down onto the forest floor where there will be far more space to build and develop. Expansion will be directed towards the Port (which I'll get started on as soon as I finish figuring out this god damned infrastructure). If we run out of space between the castle and the port, then expansion continues around the lake.

The 'primary building area' could have a 2-3 block high pedestal, but the problem then arises of how to make that look good without just having a giant cobble cuboid with buildings on it. Regardless of whether I get all that done; tomorrow evening I'll make the rail line from spawn to Arkyoto.

If anyone has any ideas (especially regarding how the city should be planned/built), they are more than welcome to share them.

Fuchsdh

So the Blue eastern line now has two stops from GAF Central to whoever's random place is there, and then to Mackroid's western town (Hope those rails were actually supposed to go somewhere Mack...)

From there I'll be heading NE to Tml and my places.

Thanks again for the help last night. Alas, I discovered after you'd left the server that I had a door in my inventory the entire damn time. (Wooden, but still, it'd be a window!)

Fuchsdh

Thanks again for the help last night. Alas, I discovered after you'd left the server that I had a door in my inventory the entire damn time. (Wooden, but still, it'd be a window!)

Good luck on your town!

Also, Dry, I might want to shift your rail line down one track so it's not interfering with the middle tracks.

Metro map this weekend!

Hey, I was just wondering, how is creeper protection for blocks handled on GAFLand? Is it using some 3rd party thing, or is it just using "/gamerule mobGriefing false"? Because on my single player world, the /gamerule makes it so Endermen also don't move blocks around, which is nice, but on GAFLand it appears they do.

-Minsc-

Hey, I was just wondering, how is creeper protection for blocks handled on GAFLand? Is it using some 3rd party thing, or is it just using "/gamerule mobGriefing false"? Because on my single player world, the /gamerule makes it so Endermen also don't move blocks around, which is nice, but on GAFLand it appears they do.

I believe the server uses WorldGuard to control the creeper explosion damage with this setteing: block-creeper-block-damage: true

When looking around I noticed there was an option for endermen.

disable-enderman-griefing: true

It's possible that setting just doesn't work or the powers at be here simply overlooked it. ;)

Fuchsdh

So after many, many, many deaths, the NE line is roughly laid out for all but its final stops. Stations still forthcoming and some track still needs to be laid. However, for those who want a rough look at the GAF Metro system, click to make big:

I'm planning on putting markers on all the settlements outside of spawn, along with the locations of grinders, nether portals, and enchantment tables along with any shops, I just haven't gotten to that yet.

-Minsc-

So after many, many, many deaths, the NE line is roughly laid out for all but its final stops. Stations still forthcoming and some track still needs to be laid. However, for those who want a rough look at the GAF Metro system, click to make big:

I'm planning on putting markers on all the settlements outside of spawn, along with the locations of grinders, nether portals, and enchantment tables along with any shops, I just haven't gotten to that yet.

Cool.

I'll likely get around to doing a station for my desert place some day. Though that's likely a ways off yet.

MrBig

So after many, many, many deaths, the NE line is roughly laid out for all but its final stops.

I believe the purple line in this map was just laid down by my house (perhaps the ??? indicator). I'm tearing down a stretch of the floating rail and putting it down at sea level - it was quite a blight on the landscape I built some giant windows to peer out into. There's several builds around there now so perhaps I'll start work on a central station with roads to them.

Nice work!

Katzegard is likely going to be on the Red Line; it's due east of the Mesa biome.

Speaking of which ...

NihonTiger on NeoCraft - 77 - Katzegard

Crispy75

Glorious :cool:

Crispy75

Is there a gaf server?

Yes. There's normally 2 worlds - Neocraft for creative, GAFland for survival. Currently only GAFland is running. The server address is in the OP - quote that post to see it. Post your minecraft username here and an admin will whitelist you. See you there!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Crispy - you put up a perimeter road next to my Empire State Building. Would it be ok to shift it a tiny bit east so it's between my place and Buscandowally's? literally would be 5 blocks or so?

Vyktal

Man Ark, Arkyoto is looking wicked. I look forward to going around and visiting other people's places in future.

Kien and I have ventured out again and found an undiscovered area which is truly untouched with no other players anywhere around. We've marked out the area with torches and signs, and is going to be the final site for our joint castle and villages project. Eventually we'll work on a train track joining us to the Gaf Metro :) We're going to ask for now that can people try not to set up new projects too nearby because we have big plans and our castle project and surrounding structures might stretch out fairly far.

New location coords: X 3035, Z-206

To ufcraig, hope you enjoyed your skiing, and thanks so much for letting me have the mountain next to you :) I'm going to be clearing the area out eventually once Kien and I are established in our new location, so you'll be able to add that mountaintop to your ski slopes!

To Ark I have 2 requests:

- I've made another donation. Would Kien2142 be able to get upgraded to blue and /back status?
- One other Gaffer would fancy joining the server. Her name is Francheska__ (that's 2 underscores). Would she please be whitelisted?

Crispy75

Crispy - you put up a perimeter road next to my Empire State Building. Would it be ok to shift it a tiny bit east so it's between my place and Buscandowally's? literally would be 5 blocks or so?

No sweat. My doctor's given me a heavy dose of sedatives for my overactive symmetry gland, so I'm fine with whatever. I'll take the road underground at that point anyway. Under Whiskey's and then back into line the other side. Nice and lined up. Hmm, maybe I'd better take another pill...

MrBig

If anyone with server access is around - check on the status of it as it's in a constant restart loop, perhaps a hardware fault.

Ark

If anyone with server access is around - check on the status of it as it's in a constant restart loop, perhaps a hardware fault.

It's most likely a hardware fault. We had some issues with the server disconnecting every 5 minutes, restarting frequently and the backup function failing to function for one evening during the week and this was the response I got:

I've looked through the logs and attempted to replicate this, unfortunately, I couldn't.

This was due to a small issue with the process which controls the gameservers on your machine, which has since been corrected.

If you require further support, or have any other questions or issues, please feel free to contact us again.

It's unnerving how Multiplay have been almost perfect for over 2 years and in the last month had so many issues.

EDIT: Missed this:

To Ark I have 2 requests:

- I've made another donation. Would Kien2142 be able to get upgraded to blue and /back status?
- One other Gaffer would fancy joining the server. Her name is Francheska__ (that's 2 underscores). Would she please be whitelisted?

Absolutely, thanks a lot for the donation :)

belushy

Banned
Anyone else been watching the Pixelmon stuff lately from Beef, Nihon, Anderz, and a few other people? Looks really fun, some people are making gyms and stuff.

Fuchsdh

Thanks to everyone who's been donating dirt. The east end of the Arboretum is nearly complete, as is the roadwork in that section (thanks Crispy!)

Updated rail map follows, complete with key, roads, and a start at marking out useful elements like grinders, tables, and nether entrances. Found an awesome massive cleft in the ground I'll be situating my rail station (and for now the end of the purple line) right next to. Mackroid's tearing up the rails at his station to match the town's aesthetic, so you'll have to hoof it a bit past the western town to get to the next two stations which for now are pretty bare-bones affairs.

Once the purple line is done I'll be focusing on starting the orange line south to the mushroom lands and across the ocean since a line's already been placed.

I'm thinking the yellow line should have a stop right next to The Amazing Circular Pit that's being constructed; it might also make sense to have a hub station further east for all these rails at some point, or at least a rail to connect them. We will see.

I will post pictures of all the stations once they get opened properly, so people know what to visit!

Ark

Just gauging some interest; would people actually build in Arkyoto? I really hope I'm not going to have to populate the entire city myself, because I'd like to move on to a new project sooner rather than later.

Crispy75

Just gauging some interest; would people actually build in Arkyoto? I really hope I'm not going to have to populate the entire city myself, because I'd like to move on to a new project sooner rather than later.

Probably best to have a coordinated build day or something, to encourage participation.

Is it just me, or is the hunger bar kind of screwy right now? I don't see anything on the wiki indicating that hunger decays faster on Hard mode... or that it decays by just standing around doing nothing. I mean, it only decayed one full drumstick in that specific case, but still, it did it not thirty seconds after I'd just eaten something. That's abnormally fast.

-SD-

Banned
What's this Otamin case? Why is he/she allowed to fly?

I'm not saying that I want the same "ability" since I only care about playing as vanilla as possible. Flying would take the fun out of it.

Ark

I'm not saying that I want the same "ability" since I only care about playing as vanilla as possible. Flying would take the fun out of it.

Back when I first implemented Multiverse and GAFLand 1.0 the permissions were screwy (I think this is before I wiped the Citizen list by accident), players who were in creative mode would be put back into survival mode when they logged out. Since about 95% of people on the server were there for GAFLand survival, I gave /gamemode 1 (creative mode) permissions to Otamin since he was building Disney Land on NeoCraft and wouldn't be on GAFLand. That's also the reason DangerBrynes & NineFingers are mods; solely for worldedit/building/creativemode reasons (though I had nothing to do with those, ha).

Anyway, short story is I forgot until someone mentioned it in chat. Otamin is now a pesky gravity-bound Gaffer like the rest of you ;)

EDIT: I proclaim the next hour, PVP TESTING HOUR.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

I plan to, but I thought you were still working on getting it ready?

MrBig

I vote PVP on permanently!!! We need to liven the server up!

I don't want it on for the whole server, but perhaps an arena near spawn and maybe 1k x 1k grid somewhere off where no one has built yet, preferably intersecting several biome types and with some sort of demarcation wall (bedrock?) that could be made in an editing program. Could offer a change of pace when people want to seek it out

Xun

90% of the build so far has been in survival, I just started to get lazy recently.

I play Minecraft mostly in creative when I can because I want to spend as little time playing the game as possible.

Has anyone had an issue where the terrain doesn't load? It doesn't matter if I select a world I already made or a brand-new world, I get an empty screen with the sun, moon, clouds and random items (eg., torches, a bow floating off in the distance...).

I've tried re-installing the game and the same thing. I've even tried updating both 32-bit and 64-bit Java. I'm at a loss at what could be causing it or what to do. I did install the latest AMD Beta drivers, but I'm hoping that's not it.

I need help on enchanting armor. I've started venturing into the nether and would like some tips on how to protect myself from lava and fall deaths.

I need help on enchanting armor. I've started venturing into the nether and would like some tips on how to protect myself from lava and fall deaths.
I recommend using iron, not diamond armor as it still gives protection and won't cause you to rage quit when you eventually lose a full set due to lava. Also, hit the F3 key so your coords are showing, then if you die hit F2 to take a screen shot so you can easily reference where you died if you're prone to forgetting the numbers like I am.

As for enchanting, there's a public skelly spawner at spawn through the portal there, just follow the signs. For the nether, I guess blast protection and fire protection are the best enchants. What's your minecraft name? If I see you online I can give you a hand.

Oh, and avoid the pigmen. They have a pretty tight union and don't take well to one of their brothers being abused.

Top Bottom