• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4/Xbone |OT|

Kru

I just figured out something decent while playing ps4 minecraft at a friends house. I brought my own control pad, for splitscreen play, but me and my friend were also going to chat to mutual friends online, and plugging in a headset to my control pad and logging in as a guest meant i could join the party and have my own dedicated mic. I thought that was pretty damn awesome.

Wtf is going on with this game? I've played another several hours yesterday just to find my house and all stuff in it disappearing again when I loaded the game up today. The small screenshot in the loading menu shows the right picture where I left off, I get spawned where my bed should be, I still have all my inventory but the whole map seems to be reset. Everything I built and dug is just gone.

I tried to delete the game and all offline and online saves and reinstalled it again. I started the game and just built a small hut. Exited the game, loaded up the save, which again showed the small hut in the screenshot, but had the same result. Nothing was saved except my inventory. Everything else disappeared.

This makes the game completely unplayable for me. Nobody else having this issue? Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any suggestions what to do? I'm getting really frustrated now.

What platform are you playing on? PS4? I haven't encountered anything like that at all. Are you sure you are spawning in the same place, or is it maybe spawning you miles from where your stuff actually is?

Lucent

Died and lost my map and then later went looking for sheep to shear and got lost, I suck at navigation. Ended up saying screw it and built a new house on sand.

Should make a bed in your house to sleep in so if you die you can at least get back to your base.

Peeete

What platform are you playing on? PS4? I haven't encountered anything like that at all. Are you sure you are spawning in the same place, or is it maybe spawning you miles from where your stuff actually is?
Yes, on PS4. It happened 3 times in a row now. First time I was not really sure if things disappeared or if I got spawned in a different location. But after walking around a little bit I think I found the place where my house was.

The other 2 times I'm 100% sure the stuff disappeared. It was built right next to a village right by the spawn point.

Theecliff

Banned
Hope I'm not being annoying, few more points:

-Is there any hope for Adventure mode on consoles? I'd like to download a created level and just play through it.

-May I add some of you folks? I want to see what this game is like crafting and creating worlds with the full player count
PS4, right? What's your name?

Krilekk

Banned
Yes, on PS4. It happened 3 times in a row now. First time I was not really sure if things disappeared or if I got spawned in a different location. But after walking around a little bit I think I found the place where my house was.

The other 2 times I'm 100% sure the stuff disappeared. It was built right next to a village right by the spawn point.

Maybe your HDD is corrupted.

Eggbok

-Is there any hope for Adventure mode on consoles? I'd like to download a created level and just play through it.

-May I add some of you folks? I want to see what this game is like crafting and creating worlds with the full player count

If PS4 sure :)

Krilekk

Banned
Goddamn why do devs keep adding ridiculous limits to console games? I have tamed five wolves, have ten chickens, six cows and 20 pigs. Suddenly the game tells me I can't breed anymore because the maximum number has been reached. Can't even tame an ocelot.

Theecliff

Banned
Goddamn why do devs keep adding ridiculous limits to console games? I have tamed five wolves, have ten chickens, six cows and 20 pigs. Suddenly the game tells me I can't breed anymore because the maximum number has been reached. Can't even tame an ocelot.
You should start a petting zoo

Daffy Duck

That's lame.

Ferr986

Welp, I have lots of cows and pigs in my farm, just in case lol (also 6 wolves). I was planning to go get some ocelots today...

mrklaw

MrArseFace

that is pretty bad. Makes it dificult to have large farms for food/leather etc.

Unless you have lots of enemy mobs in your area (eg underground) which is cutting down on how many animals can spawn?

GulAtiCa

I'm proud of myself! Made my first trap system for both of my front doors. Got a trap door for the basement entrance that drops the mod into a water filled hole to drown them (with a way out for me if I dumbly fall in) and a trap for main entrance that crushes them with a piston! Of course, I now know you can't crush an enemy.. Still, proud that I made a system of redstones that will activate both at same time no matter which button I push. Best thing is no wiring can be seen.

I'm thinking I'll redo the main entrance trap and make it dump lava onto the the mod instead.

shandy706

Well, if Microsoft is really buying the IP and the company behind it, then we can hit them up on their request page for a new mode.

It would get a ton of votes.

Timmay

Banned
Got my white PS4 yesterday and this was the first game I played (Destiny is yawwwwwn). Was really happy with how it looks in 1080p 60 fps. My only disappointment is in how lacking in content the PS3/PS4 versions are compared to 360/XB1. So many texture packs missing. I miss my Halloween texture pack.

Why do you have 20 pigs? Easily the most worthless animal in Minecraft. Kill some pigs (like all of them) and go get your ocelot.

Ferr986

I'm proud of myself! Made my first trap system for both of my front doors. Got a trap door for the basement entrance that drops the mod into a water filled hole to drown them (with a way out for me if I dumbly fall in) and a trap for main entrance that crushes them with a piston! Of course, I now know you can't crush an enemy.. Still, proud that I made a system of redstones that will activate both at same time no matter which button I push. Best thing is no wiring can be seen.

I'm thinking I'll redo the main entrance trap and make it dump lava onto the the mod instead.

Damn that sounds awesome. And Im still building my humble wood house lol.....

Ferr986

So I came back to my house at night after a hard day in the mine. I enter my house and theres a fucking creeper inside. Like , how can this be possible? The doors were closed and of course it has enough light. Its the first time I see this...

GulAtiCa

So I came back to my house at night after a hard day in the mine. I enter my house and theres a fucking creeper inside. Like , how can this be possible? The doors were closed and of course it has enough light. Its the first time I see this...

I've had it happen to. Light up every dark space, even if it's just a shadow!

I had a creeper show up in my redstone circuit room for my traps when i needed to go back in and edit the lines and was all "wtf? Get out!"

Ferr986

I've had it happen to. Light up every dark space, even if it's just a shadow!

I had a creeper show up in my redstone circuit room for my traps when i needed to go back in and edit the lines and was all "wtf? Get out!"

Its weird because its the first night it happens to me.
Fucker scared the shit out of me lol

Oh, and I lost my map somewhere :(

Ferr986

The moment when you fall into the lava and lose everything you had mined.....

nononononoooooooooo.gif

how do I have my chest auto collect resources? or is that only on pc?

You have to use hoppers, which will collect any item that falls on them and then deposit it in either a chest or another hopper attached to its output. That can be used to make farms of varying degrees of automation, such as mob farms around mob spawners that kill mobs that spawn and collects their drops in hoppers, or farms that use pistons to break the crops. Problem with farms is that except for sugar cane you have to manually replant stuff...

Bsigg12

You have to use hoppers, which will collect any item that falls on them and then deposit it in either a chest or another hopper attached to its output. That can be used to make farms of varying degrees of automation, such as mob farms around mob spawners that kill mobs that spawn and collects their drops in hoppers, or farms that use pistons to break the crops. Problem with farms is that except for sugar cane you have to manually replant stuff...

Are hoppers available in the console versions?

Are hoppers available in the console versions?

Huh, I had assumed there would be since you'd think they'd actually bring the new versions up to date but it seems some people are saying they can't find hoppers in the crafting menu. That would suck if they didn't add all the new stuff that's come out since the last gen versions :S

GulAtiCa

Huh, I had assumed there would be since you'd think they'd actually bring the new versions up to date but it seems some people are saying they can't find hoppers in the crafting menu. That would suck if they didn't add all the new stuff that's come out since the last gen versions :S

Yeah I don't see Hoppers in crafting menus. Which is a reason why I'm worried about this Minecraft ip buyout and not seeing further updates.

I can't believe I had no idea this was out on the Xbone. And since I bought the 360 Edition on the marketplace, I can upgrade for $5? Would be awesome if I had $5 on my account but I guess I have to wait a bit longer. Love Minecraft and have been wanting to play it again with my friends, maybe now we will. Guess I wasn't keeping up with this version and just assumed it was coming later.

nononononoooooooooo.gif
This was my exact reaction the very first time that happened to me on the 360 version. Had just mined gold for the first time and crafted some cool stuff. Fell off my own staircase I was building around the lava. Mistakes were made and lessons were learned.

zou

yeah, I was hoping there's some other way to gather resources, makes farming rather annoying.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

nononononoooooooooo.gif

That moment when you fall into the middle of a massive lava lake in the nether wearing diamond gear and tons of stuff...only to find you have enough fire protection enchanted gear you can just swim to the shore without dying.

Soogood.gif

GulAtiCa

Re-did my door traps last night. Went into full construction mode and completely blocked off front of house with huge walls and ceilings to keep the mobs out. haha. I redid my front door trap and made it into a lava trap. Once button pushed, a piston will push a block out of the way and allow lava to fall. Thanks to like 8 Redstone Repeaters, a 2nd piston on the other side will push the block back. Thus allowing the lava to fall for about 2 seconds. Kills the enemies greatly. Also expanded my basement door walkway to have a 2nd trapdoor to make sure I get the fucker.

For the fun of it, I set up another lava trap a little ways in front of my basement staircase (which is basically slightly in front of ground level front door). Made a nice looking stone arc that will drop lava down and flow into the basement stairs. No escape! Like the other lava trap, this turns off after a few seconds. Unlike the other two traps, you can see some of the redstone wiring, so I made it look apart of the design, so looks nice.

I used up a lot of redstones for this! Though still have like 500+ left of course. There is slight issue of lava staying on the ground after it stops, but that is just a minor inconvenient and is easy to get rid of with dirt. I'll take some pictures later on.

Seanspeed

Banned
They'll have been working on these versions for quite a while now, so they'll pretty much always be playing catch up to where things are on PC side.

So, I've been sticking to the tutorial level, and have played for two solid days where I've lost track of time. I did not want to stop.

I've renovated my home in the tutorial starting point twice, and local play has made it more fun. Explored an underground cave for the first time, found rare ores for the first time, made my first iron inglots and then found gold, and then some red and blue ores...then found diamonds. Then I dug my way up and found an exit... It was a great feeling to dig for so long, feel threatened by enemies, and then make my own exit, which in itself was dangerous because I was over water sometimes, so I had to keep on tunneling out.

Went back the next day with a local partner, went through the exit I made (lit up by scarce torches to guide my way back down the confusing area).

Managed to find my crafting camp I had set up when I entered the cave originally from the other side. Looked everywhere for more ores, but did not find anything more valuable. Found Obsidian, but did not have diamonds. We both died eventually by a skeleton.

I was going to go back for my stuff, but then I drowned just getting there because I didnt know you had to hold X to get out lol (I tapped it).

Then I went to the pirate ship, the mushroom island, and then found the desert city, went into a pyramid, dug down into this area with lots of chests and randomly exploded.

I did not realize how vast the tutorial level was.

I want to start a fresh level, where everything isn't handed to me, but I can't say goodbye to all the progress.

I love taking pictures of when I start playing and when I end to look at my renovation progress.

I am to the point where I'm dreaming about Minecraft, and I think I overdid my play sessions.

Also, I am really super disappointed that the PS4 version seems vastly behind the PC version. I was really hoping all the content was available, but that does not seem to be the case? Adventure mode would have made this so big, but now I dont see that happening, and it's disappointing. Multiplayer is also disappointing, since I can't actually join servers and have to hope my friend is playing.

Does anyone know the massive differences between PS4 and PC Version? I'd really like to know what I'm missing.

DiscoDave

Any one know why its saying im not eligible to buy the ps4 version of minecraft just paid for the ps3 version but on the ps4 it wont let me buy the game just shows its downloaded, I can play the trial but when I click unlock full game it goes to the store but shows its been purchased.

Any one know why its saying im not eligible to buy the ps4 version of minecraft just paid for the ps3 version but on the ps4 it wont let me buy the game just shows its downloaded, I can play the trial but when I click unlock full game it goes to the store but shows its been purchased.

Did you Just buy it? give it some time. Try checking the webstore too.

The Llama

So, I've been sticking to the tutorial level, and have played for two solid days where I've lost track of time. I did not want to stop.

I've renovated my home in the tutorial starting point twice, and local play has made it more fun. Explored an underground cave for the first time, found rare ores for the first time, made my first iron inglots and then found gold, and then some red and blue ores...then found diamonds. Then I dug my way up and found an exit... It was a great feeling to dig for so long, feel threatened by enemies, and then make my own exit, which in itself was dangerous because I was over water sometimes, so I had to keep on tunneling out.

Went back the next day with a local partner, went through the exit I made (lit up by scarce torches to guide my way back down the confusing area).

Managed to find my crafting camp I had set up when I entered the cave originally from the other side. Looked everywhere for more ores, but did not find anything more valuable. Found Obsidian, but did not have diamonds. We both died eventually by a skeleton.

I was going to go back for my stuff, but then I drowned just getting there because I didnt know you had to hold X to get out lol (I tapped it).

Then I went to the pirate ship, the mushroom island, and then found the desert city, went into a pyramid, dug down into this area with lots of chests and randomly exploded.

I did not realize how vast the tutorial level was.

I want to start a fresh level, where everything isn't handed to me, but I can't say goodbye to all the progress.

I love taking pictures of when I start playing and when I end to look at my renovation progress.

I am to the point where I'm dreaming about Minecraft, and I think I overdid my play sessions.

Also, I am really super disappointed that the PS4 version seems vastly behind the PC version. I was really hoping all the content was available, but that does not seem to be the case? Adventure mode would have made this so big, but now I dont see that happening, and it's disappointing. Multiplayer is also disappointing, since I can't actually join servers and have to hope my friend is playing.

Does anyone know the massive differences between PS4 and PC Version? I'd really like to know what I'm missing.

Don't know if there's a better way, but you can check out the changelists on the Minecraft wiki. I think the PS4 version is roughly equal to 1.3, while 1.8 just came out on the PC.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Pretty_Scary_Update
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Redstone_Update
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Horse_Update
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/The_Update_that_Changed_the_World
http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/The_Bountiful_Update

Noobcraft

Mostly just mod support. The PC version also has custom skins you can make and custom texture packs, but mods are the biggest difference. New mobs, the ability to transform into mobs, new biomes, custom shaders, computers, electricity, space travel, and automation of farms, are pretty cool additions that mods provide the PC version.

Also persistent online servers and essentially endless worlds.

Here's a video of Minecraft with shaders...
http://youtu.be/dkJBVYrEAqw

Ferr986

Are there any indication for finding diamons other than mining around 13Y. Something like diamond spawning near other ores or near lava pools perhaps¿

Are there any indication for finding diamons other than mining around 13Y. Something like diamond spawning near other ores or near lava pools perhaps¿

Spawns are randomly distributed within their set "layers", so there's no real trends to finding them. The open spaces created by caves, ravines, lava pools, etc around level 12 and 13 do help to expose more stone surface area to find diamonds in, but of course that comes with all the usual dangers of spelunking (monsters, falling in lava, getting lost, running out of supplies...)

Alternatively you can ignore caves entirely, dig a stair down to level 12/13 and get to making your own mine. My favorite technique here is branch mining, which can help minimize the amount of stone you get. Of course you still get a ton of stone, so you may want to have a lava pit ready to dump it all in! Also use stone picks for branch mining, not iron.

Ferr986

Spawns are randomly distributed within their set "layers", so there's no real trends to finding them. The open spaces created by caves, ravines, lava pools, etc around level 12 and 13 do help to expose more stone surface area to find diamonds in, but of course that comes with all the usual dangers of spelunking (monsters, falling in lava, getting lost, running out of supplies...)

Alternatively you can ignore caves entirely, dig a stair down to level 12/13 and get to making your own mine. My favorite technique here is branch mining, which can help minimize the amount of stone you get. Of course you still get a ton of stone, so you may want to have a lava pit ready to dump it all in! Also use stone picks for branch mining, not iron.

Thanks for the tips!

TURBO1112

I branch mine with a diamond pick. Eff 4 Unbreaking 3. First thing you should enchant is a diamond pick and try to get fortune 3. Will increase your diamonds greatly when mined.

GulAtiCa

Is there any trick to enchanting to figure out which one spell is which before you choose it?

I now have over 1000 redstones! Went down to the mine next to me and near the bottom just dug in a straight line for a while. Found a lot of redstones.

Also went to a jungle near me, dug straight down, found a cave which finally had a slime ball in it! Found some gold, diamonds, redstones. Then died due to a creeper. :(

Not sure what my next project should be. I still have my rail line of course to expand. I need to remodel my house still, most of it is still dirt. haha. Love to do something creative with all the redstones I now have

hunchback

Thank you GAF for introducing me to this wonderful game. I'm normally a Fps or Rpg game player. I can't believe I ignored this game until now. I skipped the tutorial but learned how to make fire and tools beforehand. I started up survival mode first.
I got lucky as I was spawned on a small hill near a lagoon. I chopped wood like a mad man until dusk. Then I just dug straight into the hill. I got lucky again because I burrowed into stone and coal. I plugged my hole and proceeded to get the crafting table and furnace. My last chore was making and putting torches everywhere in my man-made cave. I made it through the night with no problems and can't wait to get back at it.
I have been sitting here trying to watch my morning sports shows and I can't concentrate. I'm sitting here thinking about what I need to do the next time I play.
Thank you again for this post. I'm disabled and suffer from non stop pain. I use video games as a distraction from the pain. I wasn't in pain once when playing Minecraft. Nor did I think about my pain and found myself relaxed afterwards. Sorry for being long winded but I couldn't contain my enthusiasm.

Everyone have a great day.

Cant find a thread for the PS3 version so I will ask here as it probably applies anyways.

How does the online work? can I invite my friends to my Survival session at any time?

DiscoDave

Did you Just buy it? give it some time. Try checking the webstore too.

Yea got it yesterday for ps3 then went to buy the ps4 version and it's showing as purchased (the ps4 version). Yet the game isn't unlocked to the full version and I havn't paid yet. I tried the webstore yesterday and no luck there eiva, just show's I can download it but not buy.

Edit: Update I couldn't buy from sony store or it wouldn't buy from psn when you choose it from the in game unlock I had to search psn games and I could buy it that way. Weird but atleast it worked was pissing me of as to why it wasn't.

Top Bottom