• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4/Xbone |OT|

N° 2048

I wonder how much gold & redstone blocks there are on avg in this version.

The madman in me would love to create some kind of crazy rail system with a control center can can open paths from 1 area in advance. Would need a lot of redstones though!

I want the join the entire world by sky minecart 'subway' systems.

Mbrill82

I don't play a ton of games online (will change after tomorrow/Destiny probably) so my PSN friends list is pretty small and not one of them is playing the PS4 version of Minecraft. But my 9 year old son desperately wants to try out playing with other people. So if anyone wants to send me a friend request who wouldn't mind playing with a cool 9 year old and his dad that would be awesome. He won't be able to play til Friday cuz of school during the week but he would be really stoked if we had some new friends to play with this weekend.

PSN is MattyB-37

Thanks!

I've seen people play this game and I still don't see how it's as popular as it is. Not dissing it or anything, but I feel like I'm missing something.

Theecliff

Banned
Okay, I am really bad at time management. Spent most of my first day running around collecting wood without paying attention to the time of day, and ended up laying my foundations for a building on a mountain of sand because it was the tallest monument I could see at the time (I wanted my first base to be on a high place with a good view). Just spent the first two nights without proper shelter, just crouching on top of this foundation I've laid hoping something didn't murder me. I've currently got an enderman standing just below my foundation and I swear I saw a creeper climbing the sand to get to me.

Ferr986

So i cover all of my house with fences, theres no way out. I say, fuck it, gonna do another golem for protection.
Fucker jumps the fence and go away.

Thats it, fuck golems.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
You should try actually playing it.

Agreed, seeing is not believing. At first I thought to myself, "this game is dumb, there's just no point". 2 hours later and I realized how wrong I was.

Anyways , ran into an interesting glitch where I could see all the way through a set of blocks, I recorded it, but did not dare try jumping in.

Tall Paul

So i cover all of my house with fences, theres no way out. I say, fuck it, gonna do another golem for protection.
Fucker jumps the fence and go away.

Thats it, fuck golems.
Well you know the old saying....here today Golem tommorow.... Ahem...I'll excuse myself.

N° 2048

Girlfriend bringing a USB drive tomorrow. Going to show you guys what I've built so far. Nothing crazy but cozy for sure.

Two story house with chest room and bedroom, nice white carpet made from wool and two access points to a deep mine. One via my house and one via a shack outside which has a water elevator going down.

Also got a nice fenced out front where I will start my garden/farms.

Next up; mining spree for Gold, Redstone and Iron and the slaughter houses need to get built as well.

Little touches like the item frame where you can hang an item you have make this game so personal. I hung an enchantment book I found deep deep into a mine. It's nice to go to bed and see it right above it.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Item_Frame
Love this game.

I can't for the life of me find any bloody diamond. I'm on level 12 and I've been digging and digging and digging. I have more redstone than I could ever possibly need, my gold is on the rise and don't even talk about stupid cobblestone.

You need to get down to impassable bedrock, then diamond is mainly in the 10 or so layers above that. Just dig straight down, carrying nothing but some ladders for a nice way back up.
LOTS of lava around down there though, so be careful.

Well yeah, like I said I'm on level 12. Nothing to be found :(

Well yeah, like I said I'm on level 12. Nothing to be found :(

Me also. I'm 10 levels up from the beginnings of bedrock I dug out a 10x10 room, then drilled corridors from the walls in all directions, spaced 3 blocks apart, although only for 10 blocks length each. Coal deposits, redstone deposits, blue deposits, iron deposits, gold deposits. No diamonds.
Only took 30 minutes so I'll just do it again..

I can't for the life of me find any bloody diamond. I'm on level 12 and I've been digging and digging and digging. I have more redstone than I could ever possibly need, my gold is on the rise and don't even talk about stupid cobblestone.

It sometimes takes over an hour to find even one block with diamond. Just keep on mining.

inpired_1ne

Neo Member
I don't play a ton of games online (will change after tomorrow/Destiny probably) so my PSN friends list is pretty small and not one of them is playing the PS4 version of Minecraft. But my 9 year old son desperately wants to try out playing with other people. So if anyone wants to send me a friend request who wouldn't mind playing with a cool 9 year old and his dad that would be awesome. He won't be able to play til Friday cuz of school during the week but he would be really stoked if we had some new friends to play with this

weekend.

PSN is MattyB-37

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat as you my son wants to play with others but I don't have many friends on my list. I'll add you on psn so they can play this weekend. I'll be on destiny also starting tomorrow

Psn - inspired_1ne_

This game is so damn addicting. If I didn't have Destiny Pre-Ordered I probably wouldn't even pick it up tomorrow or anytime soon, my excitement for it is non existent because of this game, lol.

GulAtiCa

Wow, I got lucky. In span of like an hour, found 50 gold pieces. Was really persistent and went from 1 cavern to 1 huge cavern.

Time to build me a rail system over looking the jungle!

E92 M3

Wow, I got lucky. In span of like an hour, found 50 gold pieces. Was really persistent and went from 1 cavern to 1 huge cavern.

Time to build me a rail system over looking the jungle!

Are you on the Xbox - could use the achievement :p

--

Also, did they add new music? It's beautiful. The Xbox One version is so crisp; I love it. It truly sucks the worlds aren't infinite, but it's not too bad. Anyone know any snow seeds?

Pur torches down so I won't get lost. Backtrack and still gets lost. Yep. Lol

people tell me to put all the torches on either the left or right side of the walls only, that way if you placed them all on the left, they should all be on the right on your way back up.

I usually just place a wood panel block by the way back out whenever I encounter a fork cuz wood panels stand out in a cave.

Edit: oh im talking about in caves.

hitmon

I've seen people play this game and I still don't see how it's as popular as it is. Not dissing it or anything, but I feel like I'm missing something.

I felt the same way initially, but my view changed when I got my hands on it. It is one of those games that needs to be experienced to get the appeal, but I see how it might not be for everyone. I think a demo is available.

Signs!

I do like

<<Home
>>Farms

Yeah yea. I should. Lol

people tell me to put all the torches on either the left or right side of the walls only, that way if you placed them all on the left, they should all be on the right on your way back up.

I usually just place a wood panel block by the way back out whenever I encounter a fork cuz wood panels stand out in a cave.

Edit: oh im talking about in caves.
It was like open field. Luckily when I went I only had my sword, torches and food. Lol. I was trying to lead a friend back to my place. Should have waited until it was dark so I could have just spotted the light. Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQWHkUUqVdU

(not sure if this version has carpet or not, but has some ideas for you anyway)
It does, and it seems to be working as advertised. Thanks!
But I still got rid of the lava moat at the entrances, and went with the tried and true water trap in addition to the carpeted entrance.

Anyway, like some others in the thread, I also built my fortress on top of a mountain and built tunnels going all the way down to bedrock. Just came across some Obsidian but I blew a Diamond on a damn Jukebox so I can't mine it yet. Ugh lol.

RobbieNick

Can anyone tell me the big additions since I last played this game 2 years ago? Some things I noticed now are.

Jungles/climbable vines
Slenderman knockoff
Emerald stones?

GulAtiCa

When I get lost in a cave, and am far away from my starting point in the cave, I just dig up. It amazes me of how many large caves are below my house area. I've rarely explored the world yet except for going to the desert biome. Doing to the sky rail over the jungle to get a better look at what's out there. Figure I use wood for the structure to make it look better.

N° 2048

When I get lost in a cave, and am far away from my starting point in the cave, I just dig up. It amazes me of how many large caves are below my house area. I've rarely explored the world yet except for going to the desert biome. Doing to the sky rail over the jungle to get a better look at what's out there. Figure I use wood for the structure to make it look better.

I've put in 15+ hours into my world and have not left where I spawned. Only explored a close desert which had a temple. (I stepped on the trap plate and it exploded all four chests and me)

:(

I don't know why my brain didn't put it together that a plate in the middle of four chests is a trap...

But yea,
I want to make a full main base before I branch out, explore and make other bases.

I will then connect them by minecart.

The Llama

Can anyone tell me the big additions since I last played this game 2 years ago? Some things I noticed now are.

Jungles/climbable vines
Slenderman knockoff
Emerald stones?

What version did you play 2 years ago? Since if you played it on PC, that's probably about the version the consoles are running now.

GulAtiCa

I've put in 15+ hours into my world and have not left where I spawned. Only explored a close desert which had a temple. (I stepped on the trap plate and it exploded all four chests and me)

:(

I don't know why my brain didn't put it together that a plate in the middle of four chests is a trap...

But yea,
I want to make a full main base before I branch out, explore and make other bases.

I will then connect them by minecart.

hahahha, I feel your pain! I too found the desert temple and had the chest room exploded. Though it was the stupid skeleton that spawned in the room that stepped on it.. Wasn't till later that I learned that was a chest room. :(

Kimppis

So if I get the disc version for PS4 I can download it for the Vita too? Or do I have to buy the PS3 version and get the Vita and PS4 versions cheaper that way? :S

I've never played Minecraft, but I'm interested to try it out, now that it's out for both PS4 and Vita.

PS4 version looks and runs great.

I just fired up vanilla minecraft, and immediately noticed the lack of anti-aliasing. I know there are mods and texture packs and tweaks to make PC minecraft look much better but it was surprising how awful stock minecraft looks. The down-sampling from 4k is working out great for the PS4 edition.

Yeah yea. I should. Lol

It was like open field. Luckily when I went I only had my sword, torches and food. Lol. I was trying to lead a friend back to my place. Should have waited until it was dark so I could have just spotted the light. Lol

random wood pillars still help lol they look very strange and easy to notice.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
Couch play seemed like a dream come true, but boy am I having trouble adjusting to the controller. Gonna take some practice.

I also wish sprint was an L3 press.

Couch play seemed like a dream come true, but boy am I having trouble adjusting to the controller. Gonna take some practice.

I also wish sprint was an L3 press.

I remember 4J saying they were going to make it a button.

Then they said hitting up on the stick twice felt more natural -_-

Then they claimed there wasn't any way to do it because not enough buttons.

My house isn't safe. I was in the crafting room. I hear zombie moaning. Then I hear something get destroyed. Go downstairs and turn aroimd and boom a zombie attacks me. I panicked and ended up dying. Spawned and went back to kill him. Saw that my door was destroyed. D:

My house isn't safe. I was in the crafting room. I hear zombie moaning. Then I hear something get destroyed. Go downstairs and turn aroimd and boom a zombie attacks me. I panicked and ended up dying. Spawned and went back to kill him. Saw that my door was destroyed. D:

You need a fence. I was having that same problem.

Mastperf

I just fired up vanilla minecraft, and immediately noticed the lack of anti-aliasing. I know there are mods and texture packs and tweaks to make PC minecraft look much better but it was surprising how awful stock minecraft looks. The down-sampling from 4k is working out great for the PS4 edition.
The PS4 version is down-sampled from 4k?

Top Bottom