• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft XBLA |OT| Don't touch my cactusSsSS

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
What's the chances of finding a saddle in my world? I havn't found one treasure chest and I've got a pretty big area dug out. I don't want to enter a seed code to cheat for the achievement though.

I've only seen chests around monster spawners. I found a saddle in my first chest.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
ah, how do you find these spawners?

I'm not entirely sure of a good way to come across them, but when you're walking around in the day and hear monsters, that seems to be a good sign they're underground in a premade cavern right around you.

Vlad

ah, how do you find these spawners?

They're scattered around underground, always in what are called Dungeons. A dungeon is a cubic room made of cobblestone and mossy cobblestone. So, if you're digging around and come across cobblestone that you didn't place, you've hit a dungeon.

Seanspeed

Banned
I'm burnt out on this game.

We need some updates.

I want hunger mechanics and experience etc.

nevermind im booting it back up.

So far, I've found that this game is ultra boring unless you've got a planned project in mind. Otherwise, you're just randomly walking around, collecting resources. Its definitely not quite as in-depth a game as I was led to believe. Still having a great time with it, though.

Any word on how they're going to put the Ender stuff in an update? It seems to me that they'd need to upsize the map area before they can do it.

FrankT

Anybody have a world up I can join to get the on rail achievement. I've built a rail that pretty much goes across the length of my entire world and still notta. I have ridden it for a good 40 seconds and from I can see from the youtube videos you really need just over 30 or so. Not sure what is up.

ckohler

Anybody have a world up I can join to get the on rail achievement. I've built a rail that pretty much goes across the length of my entire world and still notta. I have ridden it for a good 40 seconds and from I can see from the youtube videos you really need just over 30 or so. Not sure what is up.

It must never turn. Only a straight line.

FrankT

It must never turn. Only a straight line.

Yea that is what I got going on. Question does the rail all have to be the same? I have used a lot of electric rail to a point and then I have just rail, but I keep moving the whole time.

Edit: Okay that is weird. Did not have the achievement and then saved my game and went outside for awhile. Came back in started the game and now have the achievement. Eh who knows.

Edit 2: Yea something weird going on. Just caught and cooked a fish and notta on that too.

georgc

I have minecraft for the pc and I might get it for the Xbox to play with some friends. Is the multiplayer like the pc where people can meet up and work on a project together log off and come back the next day and things would be different cause of other players?

I have minecraft for the pc and I might get it for the Xbox to play with some friends. Is the multiplayer like the pc where people can meet up and work on a project together log off and come back the next day and things would be different cause of other players?

No. One player can host up to 8 friends in their world. Each of those friends has his own inventory in your world but can only play in it when you are online.

If you have a fire (netherrack, lava) anywhere within like 3 or 4 blocks of something flammable (wool, wood, paintings, etc) than a spark can jump out and start it on fire. Sometimes it will leap out of the most ridiculous places.
That might be it, I think there's some lava a few blocks back behind my house. I've blocked it off completely but I guess that's what did it. Thanks.

hoos30

Sorry for asking what is probably a dumb question...I'm new to the game.

My player is walking slow as hell (like stuck in molasses slow) and there is an icon of him in the HUD all slumped over. However, my health is fine, probably 8 out of 10 hearts. What the hell is wrong with him? This is driving me insane.

thx

defel

My player is walking slow as hell (like stuck in molasses slow) and there is an icon of him in the HUD all slumped over. However, my health is fine, probably 8 out of 10 hearts. What the hell is wrong with him? This is driving me insane.

thx

That suggests that your walking. Maybe your controller is broken and one of the buttons is stuck down. I dont know which button walk is on the 360 controller though.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

thx

click the left stick.

ckohler

I began my major project last night. I hope to get it close to finished tonight. I'm building the same BioFactory from my past Mac world in the Xbox version. :)

DdJi3.jpg

First, I selected a secluded spot. This time, in the middle of a vast ocean.

CxMtB.jpg

You'll notice this on the exact top left corner of the world. I have a feeling this should supercharge the performance of the mob trap. However, I might be wrong. At any rate, I've not read about anyone trying this (building a mob grinder on the corner of a world) since there haven't been edges to Minecraft worlds until the 360 edition.

meCDI.jpg

Here's what it looks like on the surface at the moment. All I've accomplished so far is create the pit (crash floor) and a connecting tunnel to get under the trap. Eventually, this tunnel will carry minecarts down from far away. The boat in this image is resting on the edge of the world and can travel no farther. So, the back corner farthest from me occupies the absolute top left block editable by the player. So, when I said I built this on the exact top left of the world I wasn't kidding!

JlRWa.jpg

This is how big the "crash floor" will be where the mobs will die after falling and their drops will be carried by currents I've yet to build. I'm standing at ocean level in this shot so you can imagine how much time it took me to hollow out and remove all this water!

2LTzy.png

Finally, here's a shot of the collection/storage room that is beneath the crash floor. You can see the floor is still dirt consisting of the ocean floor. :) Once I get this thing finished (and it works as well as I hope it does), I'll post a video of it in operation.

I need some help. I'm getting a weird error where when ever I save and load up, my entire inventory is gone and I get spawned somewhere random instead of the place I saved. Like every single time. The only way to keep my stuff into the next load is if I put it all in a chest before exiting the game.

I tried deleting the game and my file and starting a new one but it still keeps happening. My brother is playing on the same Xbox but isn't having this problem.

ckohler

I need some help. I'm getting a weird error where when ever I save and load up, my entire inventory is gone and I get spawned somewhere random instead of the place I saved. Like every single time. The only way to keep my stuff into the next load is if I put it all in a chest before exiting the game.

I tried deleting the game and my file and starting a new one but it still keeps happening. My brother is playing on the same Xbox but isn't having this problem.

When you play, are you playing using the same gamertag every time?

saunderez

Indeed, cannot use the whole feature for this reason, no FB profile, will never get one.

Why would you be difficult and miss out on something when you can just sign up for a throwaway Facebook account and use it when you need to. It's not like you need to put identifiable information up there, just fake everything for the odd occasion a Facebook profile could come in handy.

Marvie_3

Banned
Why would you be difficult and miss out on something when you can just sign up for a throwaway Facebook account and use it when you need to. It's not like you need to put identifiable information up there, just fake everything for the odd occasion a Facebook profile could come in handy.
that's what I did. :lol

Coldsnap

I had the crazy, terrifying, and great experience on Minecraft yesterday. One of my best gaming encounters this generation. I was playing split screen with my girlfriend per usual and I wanted to go out exploring for the dungeons that you guys were talking about. Ultimately my goal was to get a saddle but I would end up finding much more.

I started out due north while my girlfriend stayed at our house to chop wood. The sun was quickly falling and my plan of hearing monster noises to find a shallow dungeon was looking to be a failure. At nighttime my girlfriend gets really scared and doesn't like me being outside, I don't blame her, how can this game be so terrifying sometimes? As the sun set I started to scale a side of a mountain hoping I could find shelter to wait out the night. Like it does in this game, it got dark super fast and It was at a point where I could only see 3-4 feet in front of me. I noticed a small mineshaft opening carved into the side of a cliff and took a few steps inside.

(I went back during the day to take a snapshot)
547175_586482449429_211801316_31686037_1451574379_n.jpg

All of a sudden the ground ended underneath me and I was tumbling down a very steep drop in complete darkness. I landed with a splash and felt the force of the stream taking me deeper into the cavern.

547703_586482524279_211801316_31686038_517270149_n.jpg

At this point both me and my girlfriend were shocked in terror and getting super stressed at the severity of the moment. Once the stream was done taking me where-ever I took a moment to come to my senses in complete darkness. Luckily I had 8 torches on me and started slowly charting out what was looking to be my grave. I turned a corner and low and behold there was something I have never seen and been hunting for

150414_586482668989_211801316_31686039_1056755112_n.jpg

... A Dungeon!! In a hurry I took a ton of damage while looting my saddle but I was so excited to have one. Then disaster struck while trying to escape the cavern, a creeper came out of no where and blew me into smithereens. I respawned all the way back at our house with my girlfriend with my precious saddle laying on the floor of the dungeon! I looked at my girlfriend and said we have to go on a rescue mission and both get back down there, mind it that it was still pitch black at night and raining! We high tailed it into the direction of my mysterious cave, fell into the opening and rode the rapids deep into the cavern. The rescue mission was a success!

Instead of trecking back to our home we decided to start building a cottage on this huge cliff because there's got to be at least 10 mines that need to be explored. I can't wait to see what else is here!

538809_586482214899_211801316_31686035_2133295097_n.jpg

ckohler

I had the crazy, terrifying, and great experience on Minecraft yesterday. One of my best gaming encounters this generation. I was playing split screen with my girlfriend per usual and I wanted to go out exploring for the dungeons that you guys were talking about. Ultimately my goal was to get a saddle but I would end up finding much more....
Great post. :) Love the spontaneous, unexpected and awesome moments this game creates.

FerranMG

When would you consider creating a new world?

I've been playing for a few hours in the first one I created, found a giant cave, but have had trouble since then to find another one *really* worth mining. Most of the time I find just a bit of iron, a bit of coal, some red dust..., but not a single diamond.

I'm thinking about creating a new world, so there's maybe more chances to find better caves. If I do so, I assume I won't keep all my current items, will I?

Any seeds you'd recommend?

When would you consider creating a new world?

I've been playing for a few hours in the first one I created, found a giant cave, but have had trouble since then to find another one *really* worth mining. Most of the time I find just a bit of iron, a bit of coal, some red dust..., but not a single diamond.

I'm thinking about creating a new world, so there's maybe more chances to find better caves. If I do so, I assume I won't keep all my current items, will I?

Any seeds you'd recommend?

Try '801'. I feel that it has a lot of caves.

Greyvvolf

I notice my Cousin joins my game sometimes, I think I'm going to leave him a trap. I plan on hiding two TNT underneath four stone blocks and put a cake on top. Then I'll surround the stone blocks with pressure plates. Finish everything off by having a sign nearby that says, "The cake is a lie."

C4Lukins

So I guess I need to clarify this. 360 leaderboards. Not actual sales. 1 person can play on all four difficulties. Several people can play on multiple accounts on the same 360. Hope that is all clear. These numbers are for fun and do not equal actual sales.

Peaceful- 1,408,404
Easy- 1,638,935
Normal- 917,093
Hard- 372,676

Top Bottom