• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft XBLA |OT| Don't touch my cactusSsSS

Rapstah

The world size really limits them on what new updates they can implement if you think about it. Hunger is pointless if the player can literally kill every single animal in the world, making sure they can't breed - unless they were to remove the breeding aspect which I think was in the same update as hunger.

The entire quest for the end of the game is about going into a bunch of different dungeons and finding items, but the needed amount of those dungeons couldn't spawn in the limited world size.

They are probably very limited in what they can do with world sizes because of how PC Minecraft works with servers. The server program starts taking ridiculous amounts of memory once it has to stream chunk data to several players in different areas of the same world. This could maybe be surpassed by having a "world" be several different islands of ther kind that are now generated as one world, but have them be able to be travelled between and have consistent inventory somehow. That way they could spread out NPC villages, dungeons and such between islands and it would add an interesting concept in that you would have to move to a different island if you fucked up your one's infrastructure.

I don't think they can change the size of the literal worlds that generate without violating save file limitations, at least now that they have already released the game at a certain file size.

LordAlu

The UK Marketplace finally shows a correct price of 1600MS Points. Bought and downloading now :)

Edit: lol, 3MB update applied as soon as it started :D

S1kkZ

weird.

i was ready to hate the game: saw the gb quicklook, some other gameplay/tutorial videos and didnt like it at all. then the info about the small map and invisible walls...

i tried the trial anyway and i love it! i dont know why, maybe its the charme or the sense of progress when you make your first house.

iratA

Are MS Points region free? I need an extra 500 points to get this thing. I was thinking about buying some points off ebay. Any sugestions?

iratA

Ah ok thanks. Anyone used the paypal option to buy points through Live? Its asking for email and password? Is it simple to set up?

trinest

Ah ok thanks. Anyone used the paypal option to buy points through Live? Its asking for email and password? Is it simple to set up?

It's pretty much like buying anything through paypal (though its a link to paypal not a direct purchase, which allows Microsoft to save it for future transactions).

Noogy

weird.

i was ready to hate the game: saw the gb quicklook, some other gameplay/tutorial videos and didnt like it at all. then the info about the small map and invisible walls...

i tried the trial anyway and i love it! i dont know why, maybe its the charme or the sense of progress when you make your first house.

Minecraft is just plain fun. Sure, the PC one might have more 'stuff', but it's the core of Minecraft that made it a sensation. I'm double dipping, once I have free time (sigh).

Rlan

Annoyed that the Leaderboards are limited to the different difficulties you're playing. Distance Travelled in "Easy" is no different to Distance Travelled in "Medium", makes my analysis harder :p

smr00

Banned
Annoyed that the Leaderboards are limited to the different difficulties you're playing. Distance Travelled in "Easy" is no different to Distance Travelled in "Medium", makes my analysis harder :p
Does it have peaceful mode? sometimes i just like to build without worrying about getting my face exploded.

Minecraft is just plain fun. Sure, the PC one might have more 'stuff', but it's the core of Minecraft that made it a sensation. I'm double dipping, once I have free time (sigh).
This.

I don't care about all the new fancy stuff that's on the PC, i don't use anything that the PC version has that XBLA wont i just like building castles and houses and stuff.

FyreWulff

I'd probably blame that more on MS's stupid requirement that every single XBLA game have leaderboards. You can tell developers just look for a variable they track and use that as leaderboards a lot of the time.

The per-difficulty thing is probably them ctrl-cing their Perfect Dark leaderboards

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
This tutorial is pretty damn good. Better teacher than my girlfriend was when she tried to get me on it.

iratA

It's pretty much like buying anything through paypal (though its a link to paypal not a direct purchase, which allows Microsoft to save it for future transactions).
Yeah and this was the thing I was concerned about tbh. I was on the MS support site and it says you can 'remove a payment option'. So I was going to setup the Paypal thing make the purchase and then remove the payment option for security reasons. But then it says something about you have to select another payment option, if you remove one from an active Live Membership. What the hell is this?

trinest

Is peaceful a creative mode? Or just normal survival? I never bothered to check. Cause if its not creative then pfff.

Playing on easy on my map.

Pretty disappointed in overall the maps I got when I played around with naming them. I got an awesome mountainious one using trinest island. I think the one I'm playing on now is fire island, I tried to get some lava based levels but it didn't work. Instead this one has random snow lakes.

How did you get it? keeps saying not in my region! why does this have to happen on my day off /sadface

I went to xbox.com and searched on it then started the download from there.

I also noticed that my 300 reward points showed up from last months promo.

smr00

Banned
I went to xbox.com and searched on it then started the download from there.

I also noticed that my 300 reward points showed up from last months promo.
aww man mine says "not available in your region"

oh well i will just have to lollygag around till it lets me.

FHIZ

Yeah, I'm getting the 4343095325 points error too. I think the universe is trying to warn me. Can't even buy it on Xbox too... the universe is REALLY trying to stop me from doing this.

smr00

Banned
It let me buy it off xbox, i should of tried that to begin with instead of xbox.com

time to waste my day off building

Is peaceful a creative mode? Or just normal survival? I never bothered to check. Cause if its not creative then pfff.

Playing on easy on my map.

Pretty disappointed in overall the maps I got when I played around with naming them. I got an awesome mountainious one using trinest island. I think the one I'm playing on now is fire island, I tried to get some lava based levels but it didn't work. Instead this one has random snow lakes.
What do you mean creative mode?

i play peaceful on PC and if it's anything like that it's just minecraft without all the crazy monsters trying to sneak into your house and rape you while your sleeping

I used the option to upload a picture to Facebook and it unlocked a free Minecraft Premium theme in case anyone is interested in doing the same thing.

Majora

Wow, there's over 45,000 people on the easy leaderboards alone already. It's hard to extrapolate how many more players there are because players might be duplicated across several difficulty levels. I'm on both normal and easy leaderboards for example. Adding up all the difficulties gives over 76,000 so the true figure should lie somewhere between 45,000 and 76,000ish at the moment.

This looks on course to smash the Trials Evolution record. If I remember correctly that sold over 100,000 within 24 hours, but at 1200 points. This looks set to outsell it, and at a higher price too.

Rlan

Also after not realizing I needed a furnace in order to create fire, and therefore fire sticks, I ended up just going "fuck this!" and building my castle within a giant mountain. Gonna hollow out this mother fucker.

smr00

Banned
Paypal is safe enough. Unlike a credit card, it's easy to remove it from MS's grasp through Paypal's website.
I wouldn't trust MS with a plastic bag.

I just buy game codes off amazon because it's cheaper, no tax and it's $18.xx for 1600 so not only is it cheaper then a MSRP code you also save on tax. (that is if you live in a state that amazon doesn't charge tax in)

Wow, there's over 45,000 people on the easy leaderboards alone already. It's hard to extrapolate how many more players there are because players might be duplicated across several difficulty levels. I'm on both normal and easy leaderboards for example. Adding up all the difficulties gives over 76,000 so the true figure should lie somewhere between 45,000 and 76,000ish at the moment.

This looks on course to smash the Trials Evolution record. If I remember correctly that sold over 100,000 within 24 hours, but at 1200 points. This looks set to outsell it, and at a higher price too.

I would be shocked if this game outsold Trials.

I wouldn't trust MS with a plastic bag.

I just buy game codes off amazon because it's cheaper, no tax and it's $18.xx for 1600 so not only is it cheaper then a MSRP code you also save on tax. (that is if you live in a state that amazon doesn't charge tax in)

My point is that you don't need to trust or rely on MS. You can simply remove the association right from Paypal.

Your Amazon point is completly valid, however.

Miggytronz

MyEpitomeCliché;37703301 said:
The $15 deal went live on BB's site. Just got a code. Go go go before they change it.

got mine!

edit: im still waiting for the email with the code. How soon did you get yours?

iratA

Ok so I did the Paypal through Live. Just so people know you can easily remove your Paypal billing information through Xbox.com etc. Just sign in, go to manage accounts and select remove. Done!

Now... onto Minecraft!

Gaspode_T

About to buy this ... I can tell it is going to sell like crazy from how many friends got it and are playing right now...it is my barometer since I have a decent mix of friends

I think that counts trials... Or does it not?

Also, this week Minecraft will most likely reach 6 million copies sold if you count both platforms. Wow!

Alpha_eX

Any option to turn off the HUD? Don't need to be constantly reminded which button opens inventory, especially in split screen.

Top Bottom