• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft XBLA |OT| Don't touch my cactusSsSS

def sim

I bought this through Best Buy since it's $15 on their online store. No confirmation mail yet, though I don't really have much of a choice until later tonight. If it's anything like Gamestop's digital orders, this may take a couple of hours.

Hitting pause, then Y and share a pic to Facebook gives you the Minecraft Wood Premium Theme. It actually integrates well with the UI.

As my first experience with Minecraft, I'm already hooked. This is gonna be a time-synch.

Gowans

Bought, I have to work tho so just opened a game, invited my friends and people on the Minecraft GAF tag and hopefully when I check back in 90mins theres some comedy on it.

snap0212

Hitting pause, then Y and share a pic to Facebook gives you the Minecraft Wood Premium Theme. It actually integrates well with the UI.

As my first experience with Minecraft, I'm already hooked. This is gonna be a time-synch.
Does this require a Gold Subscription?

Send me an invite through the Minecraft GAF gamertag or Ape Gone Insane if anyone right now wants to play/mess around together and maybe attempt to build some tower or castle or wooden villa.

Majora

40,000 people added to the Easy leaderboards in the past 2 and a half hours....

This is gonna be a record breaker.

Damn, still don't have my Best Buy code. Maybe I should have just got it from the XBLA Marketplace. :(

EDIT: And as soon as I say that, I get my email. :lol

smr00

Banned
ok so i went through BB to get my code............yet to get confirmation in my email. WTF?
Sometimes it takes awhile, it took around 10-15 minutes for me to get my Arkham City DLC stuff i bought from them awhile back and took 5 minutes to get some MS points i bought from them last week.

It varies but you will get it and also i wish you could have it always be daylight because i just want to build and building at night is a pain in the ass and its a hassle to have to run to your bed when your out gathering stuff.

So whats the general consensus on this game? Good or not? Have that best buy link open and thinking about getting it but I havent read anything on this version.

donarumo

Neo Member
Got my BB code. At work, can't play till I get home.

Can't wait for couch co-op with my daughter. I tend to not build too far out anyway so size limit shouldn't be an issue.

Night time is pretty scary especially when you're hurrying to build a shelter as the sun goes down. I have things randomly blowing up in my face and... Zombies.

EDIT: 'Seeds' sound interesting.

Just a few minutes of the demo a long time ago, I couldn't really figure out anything so I stopped playing. Does this one have a tutorial or something? And is this better to play alone or in co-op?

Yes! played three days in the tutorial world. Pretty great so far.
The first night was a nightmare in a hole, just to realize that there is an empty village around the corner lol

How do I craft glass?

Yes! played three days in the tutorial world. Pretty great so far.
The first night was a nightmare in a hole, just to realize that there is an empty village around the corner lol

How do I craft glass?

You need sand and combine it with coal in a furnace. It's part of the tutorial (they make you create a door using it).

hitoshi

OP updated. If anybody wants his name added to the list please PM me, I'm kinda going to be very occupied for the next 2,5 weeks to follow the thread :(

I'm trying to remember which version of Minecraft it was where the seed "404" spawned you by a giant underground cavern system (hidden underneath a large span of sand)... it was before 1.8, I know that much.

hitoshi

I'm trying to remember which version of Minecraft it was where the seed "404" spawned you by a giant underground cavern system (hidden underneath a large span of sand)... it was before 1.8, I know that much.

Seeds were "universal" from 1.3 to 1.8 :) I have tried at least a dozen PC seeds with the Xbox 360 version on the weekend and they produced amazing words.

Fletcher

I haven't been following this at all. Are they going to continue to update it like the PC version? and if so it will be free updates again?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I haven't been following this at all. Are they going to continue to update it like the PC version? and if so it will be free updates again?
Free updates. Initially they are working to just close the gap in feature set compared to the current PC version.

Does anyone know of any good seed values to use in creating a unique world?
"Gargamel" used to spawn you in a giant pitch-black cave. If you climbed up out of it, you got this nice little valley sandwiched between several mountains. I always liked that one; built my house inside one of the mountains, and spent several days lighting up the entire valley (and a path out of the valley on the far end, underneath a large overhang that rendered the area underneath it pitch-black and highly dangerous to cross).

Anyway to disable the night? It really stalls any progress when you're not bothered about the whole survival aspect/creativity on peaceful mode.

Anyway to disable the night? It really stalls any progress when you're not bothered about the whole survival aspect/creativity on peaceful mode.

I don't think there's a way to do that. You can build a bed and when night comes, just go to sleep in the bed and you'll be back in daytime.

Creative was the original version, yeah, but then Survival came around and became the focus of development from that point on. That span lasted a good few years, from indev to infdev to alpha to beta to today. Creative in that version didn't exist until Beta 1.8; you were stuck with an out-of-date copy of Minecraft missing pretty much all of the functionality of the later versions, and were in a finite world at that (much, much smaller than the XBLA version, from what I can tell).

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
5h 4J Studios ‏ @4JStudios
@rhysclarke Launch version on Xbox is equivalent to PC Beta 1.6.6, but we'll be continuing to update it.

5h Anders Strindberg ‏ @A_Strindberg
@4JStudios Will you take the same release version steps as the PC version? Or will you be jumping up several steps at a time?

5h 4J Studios ‏ @4JStudios
@A_Strindberg We're aiming to update to the major PC releases - first one will be the equivalent of the PC Beta 1.7.3 version

Edit: PC Version history is here: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history/Beta Looks like the jump from 1.6.6 to 1.7.3 will mainly be bug fixes. 1.8 is where the big updates hit (and creative mode).

Just got my code from BB. Thanks to the finder for this one. I've never played Minecraft before so this should be interesting.

notsol337

marked forever
My only complaint is that I can't find a setting to adjust the sensitivity of the right stick. Otherwise, I've just rediscovered minecraft. It's awesome on my tv.

My only complaint is that I can't find a setting to adjust the sensitivity of the right stick. Otherwise, I've just rediscovered minecraft. It's awesome on my tv.

Should be under Help & Options>Settings or something like that. Sensitivity is defaulted at 100% and can go as high as 200%.

Top Bottom