• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I've been grinding physical characters all week to try for a shot of Zael. My problem is they have basically no SB. How essential is SB to clearing the stage under 50? Here's the squad I'll be using. If anyone has some tips it'd be appreciated.

Bahl
Korin
Snaip
Amina
Jennish - He has 40%
Samatha - 35%

I also just pulled Suoh but I don't think I can be bothered with the long grind of leveling all his jobs.
B% is very important because you are aiming for kills every single turn. If you go over 3 turns in most stages 1-7, you're pretty much done for. It's possible, but you need to have the foresight of when an when not to use your power pellet up.

Falk

that puzzling face
My Jennish Λ is sitting at 12% at the moment.

image.php

Oh well, I guess I'm gonna farm Creep Coins 1 and pray he's at least 50% before the event ends.

edit: So this has been bugging me for a while, but it seems like sometimes I can accidentally move enemies when you shouldn't be able to do this. Am I being extremely dumb and ignorant of a core feature?

Time is ticking, eep.

Here's my primary team (yeah, yeah, I know Velraine is not damage, but so much boost).

I'm working on getting a few higher damage characters leveled in case I need to swtich out Velraine or something.

I'm thinking I should drop the Czekras and Suoh (both SS) and focus only on Bahl? She'll get to 70 quick and already has about 20% skill boost.

Time is ticking, eep.

Here's my primary team (yeah, yeah, I know Velraine is not damage, but so much boost).

I'm working on getting a few higher damage characters leveled in case I need to swtich out Velraine or something.

I'm thinking I should drop the Czekras and Suoh (both SS) and focus only on Bahl? She'll get to 70 quick and already has about 20% skill boost.

i dont know how you guys keep the urge of havign so many energy :/

i can never go above 10

duckroll

I have no issue with storing energy because I think pulling new characters is mostly a distraction if I don't need new characters. The game is much more fun to play if you concentrate on building up the characters you have and work on learning how to build effective parties with existing resources. Only when I'm fully satisfied with my squad members and have nothing left to do in the game would I consider pulling new characters just to give me something new to do.

Speaking of which.... current activity status:

The Road to Z:
- Samatha at LV70/LV79/LV80 with 20.5% SB, Celestial Dragon at 0.0% SB, Mermaid at 100% SB, all materials acquired
- Lewto at LV62/LV51/LV62 with 2.6% SB, Tiamat at 6.0% SB, Pyrowisp at 60.0% SB, still need 5 Mantle Helix

The Last Story:
- Calista at 12.3% SB
- Zael at 0.0% SB

Who needs to pull new characters when I have so much more crap to keep doing? :)

I have no issue with storing energy because I think pulling new characters is mostly a distraction if I don't need new characters. The game is much more fun to play if you concentrate on building up the characters you have and work on learning how to build effective parties with existing resources. Only when I'm fully satisfied with my squad members and have nothing left to do in the game would I consider pulling new characters just to give me something new to do.

Speaking of which.... current activity status:

The Road to Z:
- Samatha at LV70/LV79/LV80 with 20.5% SB, Celestial Dragon at 0.0% SB, Mermaid at 100% SB, all materials acquired
- Lewto at LV62/LV51/LV62 with 2.6% SB, Tiamat at 6.0% SB, Pyrowisp at 60.0% SB, still need 5 Mantle Helix

The Last Story:
- Calista at 12.3% SB
- Zael at 0.0% SB

Who needs to pull new characters when I have so much more crap to keep doing? :)

dats true.

i have 5 energy...maybe i should dump it all into coin pulls

i dont know how you guys keep the urge of havign so many energy :/

i can never go above 10
Well, my plan is to at least stay at 20, then if they do another Guaranteed 2x S/SS for a 10x pull, I can buy a 30 pack.

Also, I'm hyper focused on getting through the Last Story dungeon, so new characters won't do me much good unless I pull a specific one or two and you can't really rely on that.

Nah. Energy should always be kept for PoT.
I used six or seven to (very inefficiently) restore stamina to play the Tears event.

I only noticed it on the final day and I remembered my friend saying on awesome it was, and since I was pulling Daily Bonus from November to April without playing any, I figured it was okay to garbage a few points.

duckroll

Velraine seems like a really, really poor choice to bring into TLS. Is there a specific reason you're using her in this party?

Velraine seems like a really, really poor choice to bring into TLS. Is there a specific reason you're using her in this party?
She's just been in my primary party so her level and skill boost are high.

I am preparing Bahl though, in case Velraine is THAT bad (she has like six attack skills that trigger though, argh).

Would you say everybody else is okay?

duckroll

It's hard for me to give direct recommendations about characters I don't have or aren't familiar with, but I'll give pointers based on the skills of the characters in that party and my experience with event dungeon.

- Velraine, Koko, and Zerro together is too much elemental attacks for the dungeon. With Velraine's high SB and 4 elemental attacks along with Wyrmtail, you might want to keep her instead of Koko. Zerro with a high SB is definitely a keeper, you want those spell attacks for Battle 9.

- The biggest gap in the party is physical damage. You want characters who have a high ATK, and a lot of physical (non-elemental) attacks. Stuff like Giga and Tera attacks go a long way in helping kill enemies fast.

- Lunato only has 3 physical attacks and no Terabow. I don't know how well Evasive Arts (Area 2) works though. If it works well enough, I think you might want to consider dropping a healer for more offense. That might be worth keeping him. If it doesn't work, and you have a character who can do more raw damage and has more attacks, use that instead.

- Bahl with all her Mega/Giga/Tera sword attacks on a high Job 3 level is imo essential to making or breaking the dungeon. Korin's Sword Frequency should help her a lot if you haven't been using her much.

Meeps

- Lunato only has 3 physical attacks and no Terabow. I don't know how well Evasive Arts (Area 2) works though. If it works well enough, I think you might want to consider dropping a healer for more offense. That might be worth keeping him. If it doesn't work, and you have a character who can do more raw damage and has more attacks, use that instead.

- Bahl with all her Mega/Giga/Tera sword attacks on a high Job 3 level is imo essential to making or breaking the dungeon. Korin's Sword Frequency should help her a lot if you haven't been using her much.

Evasive Arts is a lifesaver, especially on the last few floors. It gives you a lot more wiggle room in making mistakes and having to heal less, which lets you get away with super fast turns. My B% was around 30, and it didn't go off every turn, but it was enough to get by.

I definitely agree with you about Bahl. You can grind B% at a decent rate if you play chapter 1-4 repeatedly with Korin's Sword Frequency boosting you. I'd focus on leveling to 90 first though.

Meeps

Thanks for the tips, duckroll.

Three weeks is still enough wiggle-room; I only need to beat this thing ("properly") once.

90? Ouch.

It's actually not that bad, especially for B-rank characters. I prefer playing through chapter 23-4 since it's very fast and you get around 100k exp.

kiyoaki

I finally got Zael. in the end, it wasn't too hard and I only had to S/L once. That's the team that did it:
Bahl's low B% was the biggest hurdle, but Korin made up for it. Now off to repeat this until I get Zael at least to 30%.

The dungeon was fun, I want more events like this.

duckroll

Congrats! Yeah I definitely want more events like this where it's a hard challenge that lasts for a reasonable length of time, with good rewards, lots of content, and a great sense of satisfaction when you actually earn the prize in the end. :)

I kind of hope there are less esoteric solutions on future events.

Does the game even give you information on what you might need to do on the Last Story event?

Speaking of, I'm continuing my Last Story save while I wait for energy to refill, not a good game to jump back into like this, but I also couldn't start over since I managed to get most (if not all) of the cool multiplayer only items on my file before GameSpy shut down.

HawthorneKitty

Does the game even give you information on what you might need to do on the Last Story event?
Yeah, the dialogue really pushes you for the individual stage requirements; the 50 sec doesn't seem to be there though...

duckroll

It actually does. On every stage where there is a branching possibility, there is a NPC line at the start of the battle giving a hint to the condition flag.

"Now what...?" -> Don't use Zael in the attack

"No way we're going down!" -> Don't let the injured NPC die

"We have a ship to catch, let's wrap this up quick!" -> Finish the battle fast

"Run, run, or you'll be well done!" -> Use Yurrick's Meteor attack

"Hold your ground!" -> Wait it out

"Time to end this!" -> Zael finishing attack

The only one without in-battle dialogue is the Mitra battle, but if you pay attention in the story scenes before that, and Mitra appears at all, it should be pretty obvious.

Yeah, the dialogue really pushes you for the individual stage requirements; the 50 sec doesn't seem to be there though...

Perfect Fate is probably designed to be a sort of secret ending, so they wanted to make that more obscure.

i hate particle hoarder.

annoying as heck trying to find the hidden one, you are level 15 so only few skills available, and at the end of it all only a single particle :/

Finalow

have been playing this for a couple of days, it's pretty fun. I guess I got lucky because I got one SS (Yukken, is she good?) and 2 A when I tried to recruit for the first time with energy.

I did some runs in metal zones but I don't understand if it's broken or what. like now I got 100k exp from one run, "allocate equally to all" but only 2 members of my part got the exp, and the total wasn't more than 20k. what the fuck

Soulflarz

Banned
I did some runs in metal zones but I don't understand if it's broken or what. like now I got 100k exp from one run, "allocate equally to all" but only 2 members of my part got the exp, and the total wasn't more than 20k. what the fuck

Well, they're for each level group. Certain metal zones wont give EXP to characters above X level. So if youre in a 20-30 with a level 18, a 29, and a 32, only the 18 and the 29 will get EXP. (Being under the requirement doesn't stop EXP, only being over)

Finalow

Well, they're for each level group. Certain metal zones wont give EXP to characters above X level. So if youre in a 20-30 with a level 18, a 29, and a 32, only the 18 and the 29 will get EXP. (Being under the requirement doesn't stop EXP, only being over)
I see, I was doing the first zone and everyone is almost past 20 now.

HawthorneKitty

Im sad that I have no interest in this game but I want to do the TLS story but I'm underleveled still

kitty help
A path is not simply for walking; its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself. A path that fails to do this is not a path. The path is open to everyone, but not anyone can walk it.

Falk

that puzzling face
A path is not simply for walking; its purpose lies in moving forward and improving oneself. A path that fails to do this is not a path. The path is open to everyone, but not anyone can walk it.

I'd rather bitch that the JRPG doesn't have an airship.

duckroll

i hate particle hoarder.

annoying as heck trying to find the hidden one, you are level 15 so only few skills available, and at the end of it all only a single particle :/

Pro-tips: It's not random, I think the particle hoarder is always the one who starts out of formation. If you lose track of it during the first movement turn, attack one of them and watch who heals him. The healer is the one.

GeoGonzo

Pro-tips: It's not random, I think the particle hoarder is always the one who starts out of formation. If you lose track of it during the first movement turn, attack one of them and watch who heals him. The healer is the one.
Good tips.

Still a crappy daily, though.

Falk

that puzzling face
Dailies do seem kind of lackluster overall. A whole whopping guaranteed particle for your time!

(and just as I say this the rumored 2% SB daily is gonna launch, isn't it?)

duckroll

Just got another Alternate Fate. I'm not quite as prepared for this as I thought! At this rate, Calista will have no issues getting to >50% SB, but Zael probably won't get that high. Lol. What I like about this event is, even when I fuck up, I learn about the weaknesses in the strategy I'm applying, so I can try to adjust it the next time.

Good tips.

Still a crappy daily, though.

I think it would be more fun if it were a 3 battle match, with the hoarders all disappearing after 3 turns in each battle, for a total of 2 tears and 1 particle. That would make it a more worthwhile daily, and actually have a bit of challenge to pay attention more. As it is, the daily is really boring because even if you don't spot the right one in time, it eventually charges up and reveals itself. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

Finalow

mh, I only have a class C mage, should I put him in the party anyway? I have no mages (just one healer) but they are all higher than C.

Visceir

mh, I only have a class C mage, should I put him in the party anyway? I have no mages (just one healer) but they are all higher than C.

It depends on the rest of your party, really. Having a mage isn't mandatory and you could use elemental characters like Ba'gunar for Pudding zone. I personally wouldn't waste my time leveling up a C class character.

I think there still are some codes floating around for extra energy, you could use those for a few more character pulls if you just started out.

Y4jucHcGjxPiUbgk - 5 energy code
If you use someone's referral code you get 5 energy too.

If you want a somewhat decent mage then you could farm Mantledrake at lvl 7-10, I imagine you would get one fast with Yukken's Negotiator Pro, but you'd have to get Yukken to job 3 lvl 35 for that.

ok from the description, i was on the lookout for "hearts" . haha.

i guess ill aim for healer next time. if i even attempt it.

It actually does. On every stage where there is a branching possibility, there is a NPC line at the start of the battle giving a hint to the condition flag.

Perfect Fate is probably designed to be a sort of secret ending, so they wanted to make that more obscure.
Okay, that's good.

The fifty second thing is still pretty crappy though, especially given the reward. I wouldn't mind a secret/obscure ending/reward but Zael is like the primary reason to do this event.

Anyway, my Bahl will probably be Level 50 the next time Metal Zone 4 opens, then I'll put her in Chapter 20 rotation. I kind of want to take Kuscah out since he's so far ahead (to give more exp to the rest, natch), but I'm not 100% I can deal with the whole chapter without some sort of recovery. I think if I level one of Zerro's other jobs a bit, she has Self Heal, and worst case her and Korin could probably take it to the end, since even defeated members get experience.

Momentary

Banned
There really isn't a point in getting Zael past 70 percent boos is there? I'm at 42 right now and I am getting tired of this dungeon.

Falk

that puzzling face
Who knows, in Season 6 in 2019 he may get a new 10% skill and then you're going to kick yourself not grinding his SB the easy way all those years ago.

duckroll

Used up all my stamina, only got 2 Mantel Helixes. Grrrr. I better get the other 3 before the bonus day is up!

There really isn't a point in getting Zael past 70 percent boos is there? I'm at 42 right now and I am getting tired of this dungeon.

Have you leveled Zael at all yet? If not, and you eventually plan on using him and getting all his Jobs up to 65 at least, then at a 42% skill boost, I think that by simply using him while leveling, his activation rate will be so high that he'll get enough extra skill boosts in those battles to get to over 50%. That's more than enough for pretty satisfactory activation rate of all skills. Not to mention, one of Zael's skills is Frequency +10% on his side of the chain. :p

Visceir

Used up all my stamina, only got 2 Mantel Helixes. Grrrr. I better get the other 3 before the bonus day is up!

Have you leveled Zael at all yet? If not, and you eventually plan on using him and getting all his Jobs up to 65 at least, then at a 42% skill boost, I think that by simply using him while leveling, his activation rate will be so high that he'll get enough extra skill boosts in those battles to get to over 50%. That's more than enough for pretty satisfactory activation rate of all skills. Not to mention, one of Zael's skills is Frequency +10% on his side of the chain. :p

You could extend the double item drop rate by half a day if you set your timezone to hawaii.

My Zael only got 2.5% during all the time I leveled his 3 jobs to lvl 65. Could always just take a break from doing the dungeon and return back to it next week or something. It'll be around for a while.

Meeps

Is chapter 1-5 still the best place to boost B%? Any tips? Today will be my first time boosting.

Thanks!

I prefer 1-4, but they're pretty much the same. I only bother when there's a podcast I want to listen to because it's super boring. :p

Tidd

Skill boosting via chapter 1 is SOOO boring. It takes like forever to use all of your stamina. :/

I FINALLY GOT ZAEL!!! And I was sure I wouldn't get him this time because the last two fights felt so terrible.

Used the following team(more or less my main team):

I'm done with the Last Story content. I didn't even read the story because I still need to play the main game.

Back to farming gold and leveling up my SS units

Skill boosting via chapter 1 is SOOO boring. It takes like forever to use all of your stamina. :/

I FINALLY GOT ZAEL!!! And I was sure I wouldn't get him this time because the last two fights felt so terrible.

Used the following team(more or less my main team):

I'm done with the Last Story content. I didn't even read the story because I still need to play the main game.

Back to farming gold and leveling up my SS units

How did you accomplish with that relatively low sb on your physicals?

Top Bottom