• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Item drop rate up at chapter 6, time to farm some metal tickets again~

The more I think about it the less excited I am for A'misandra Λ's lvl 80 chain skill. I don't think it will be as impactful as I initially thought it would be. Guess she'll still be the best healer in the game tho, but I guess I'll find out in Season 2 if I even need a healer in the party.

duckroll

Samatha is ready for her recode, but I'm getting cold feet. I don't know if I should recode tonight and then spend the next couple of days rushing her through Metal Zones like crazy, or if I should keep her as she is until the TLS event is over so she can help. I'm probably just being silly right? :(

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/049/1049987/

New interview with Sakaguchi about the future of Terra Battle. Not a whole lot of details, but he talks about the main programmer from The Last Story joining the development team and specializing in the online portions of the game (Co-Op and Versus modes). This was already touched on in one of the previous Nico streams though.

He also talks about upcoming content. Part 2 of the story will have more of a "Star Trek" vibe apparently. With more variety and stuff. I guess the end of Part 1 teasing how the party would explore new worlds and find their origins is really happening? Lol. It also sounds like Matsuno's contribution could be pretty significant. Sakaguchi gave him to freedom to do come up with whatever, and he refers to the content as "Matsuno World". Can't wait! :)

GeoGonzo

Samatha is ready for her recode, but I'm getting cold feet. I don't know if I should recode tonight and then spend the next couple of days rushing her through Metal Zones like crazy, or if I should keep her as she is until the TLS event is over so she can help. I'm probably just being silly right? :(

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/049/1049987/

New interview with Sakaguchi about the future of Terra Battle. Not a whole lot of details, but he talks about the main programmer from The Last Story joining the development team and specializing in the online portions of the game (Co-Op and Versus modes). This was already touched on in one of the previous Nico streams though.

He also talks about upcoming content. Part 2 of the story will have more of a "Star Trek" vibe apparently. With more variety and stuff. I guess the end of Part 1 teasing how the party would explore new worlds and find their origins is really happening? Lol. It also sounds like Matsuno's contribution could be pretty significant. Sakaguchi gave him to freedom to do come up with whatever, and he refers to the content as "Matsuno World". Can't wait! :)

What's your Samatha's skill bonus? If I were you I think I'd wait till one or those weekends when Metal zone 4&5 are open, ideally the ones with kings. That's what I consider good value for metal tickets.

And thanks for posting that interview!
-edit-
Or rather, thanks for posting about it, since I can't read japanese.

Visceir

Any chance we'll be getting new content this week? Seems rather unlikely, it bums me out seeing the main update notices being bug reports.

duckroll

Welp. I pulled the trigger on Samatha! Put her into a 23-4 grinding party for a bit and she's lvl8 now. It's going to be a long road... lol. Since the Lambda characters are different versions of themselves, there isn't any character interaction with Bahl anymore either. T_T

Welp. I pulled the trigger on Samatha! Put her into a 23-4 grinding party for a bit and she's lvl8 now. It's going to be a long road... lol. Since the Lambda characters are different versions of themselves, there isn't any character interaction with Bahl anymore either. T_T

are you doing 3-man or 4 man 23-4 grinding parties?

i can do 3 man and have gotten it down to a science almost. can consistently get 99k-101k exp depending on the 3rd character having full screen cross or full vertical. without full vertical attack i get 82k exp per run.

duckroll

What's your Samatha's skill bonus?

Well, since I pulled the trigger, almost 45% now. Lol!

are you doing 3-man or 4 man 23-4 grinding parties?

i can do 3 man and have gotten it down to a science almost. can consistently get 99k-101k exp depending on the 3rd character having full screen cross or full vertical. without full vertical attack i get 82k exp per run.

With Pupropu I can do 4-man runs with 99k exp every single time no matter who the other 3 members are, even if they're lvl1. With Pupropu/Lewto/Samatha I could do 3-man runs, but it became pointless when Lewto was the only one benefiting from it once Samatha got to lvl80 on all her jobs.

Once I get Samatha Lambda up to a high enough level, I think she'll be able to do 2-man runs with Lewto, or 3-man runs with any other mage. Lol.

So the artbook comes out next week for ~30$.
Amazon link

CE9VQP1VEAAcRda.jpg

Most probably won't get a NA release. :(

Falk

that puzzling face
I keep on having to remind myself that I've been over this a hundred times, and that Alika's 2nd job doesn't have her holding a mop.

Instro

So I'm trying to get back into this recently, I lost all of my previous data some time ago so I'm having to start from scratch. Any quick ways to get energy and stuff starting out? I see there is a working gift code on the wiki, but not much else.

duckroll

So I'm trying to get back into this recently, I lost all of my previous data some time ago so I'm having to start from scratch. Any quick ways to get energy and stuff starting out? I see there is a working gift code on the wiki, but not much else.

The best way to get energy is to keep playing. They've added an achievement system now, so simply playing through the story and leveling characters will get you extra energy too.

I think I'm going to be a little overleveled for the Last Story dungeon, even my S/SS characters are at about 85 now.

But I need a few more rounds of Chapter 20 so Bahl can get Attack 1.5x. Maybe I should bring new characters in to spread the love.

I'm also hoping to beat the original Wii game this weekend so I can be "caught up," on the story before I start attempting it.

Visceir

I've been using Zuzu in job3, even though job2 has better skills. Job3 has +HP, Outflank and Add Action Turn which are generally rather useless.

Managed to farm 56 metal tickets. Doubt they will allow spending them on MZ6 anytime soon, but it's nice knowing I have them available if I should ever need em. Might even get around to leveling up Ellvern someday, his poison skills might be useful and his support skills seem alright.

duckroll

Samatha Λ is up to lvl40s now. The grind is real, but it's honestly not as bad as I expected. Like someone else said, it's pretty much like leveling 3 jobs at once for a SS character, except here I don't have to switch anything around. I'm also leveling Velraine and Maralme and they're both in their 40s on all 3 jobs too.

While I enjoy building up new characters, if there isn't new content really soon, I'm going to get annoyed again... lol.

Bahl is finally J2 Lv 65. I am done leveling up. If this won't get me Zael, I'll have to wait for the next chance.

I'm pretty busy this weekend, but I hope I can finish The Last Story on Wii in between stuffs. I'm on Chapter 35 or 36.

Got Zael baby!

And i for sure thought i had failed the requirements.

i thought of grinding TLS but they only get 3% per drop >_>. that's 30 runs. i guess i can do 2 runs per day to max em out.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hahahahah this was my party for my first TLS run (which did get Zael)

E2kZ2IY.jpg

On one hand, I probably over-prepared by reading up on it, then savescumming like a mongoloid

On the other, I'm a dumbass and had Kuscah on Job 1 instead of his lv90 J3 and he was getting 1-shot nonstop.

SunGod

Got her! and got her up to Level 30, still a very long way to go I know... I'll probably just wait for MZ 4 and 5 to come back.

7SunA4dl.png

Dang, I didn't get to play any Last Story (Wii) today.

So I'm just burning energy on Coin Creeps and Metal Zones for new characters.

I hope I can finish it off tomorrow so I can start the event dungeon; I know it's not "required," but since it's so close in sight, I might as well.

Fandangox

I tried the boss of chapter 19 once and I can already tell its going to be the hardest boss so far... Any hints?

So... any tips? I can't dent it at all, the more the battle goes on, the harder it becomes to get rid of all the archers that the boss will absorb to heal itself. Not to mention I have to do the dundeon with a spear user since I am already using all my sword users.

duckroll

So... any tips? I can't dent it at all, the more the battle goes on, the harder it becomes to get rid of all the archers that the boss will absorb to heal itself. Not to mention I have to do the dundeon with a spear user since I am already using all my sword users.

It's hard to give specific advice without knowing what characters you have and what you're lacking in. For the boss in particular, the usual strategy would simply be to take out the grunts before the boss can use them to heal, and to do double pincers on the boss whenever possible. Rely heavily on sword units. Are your sword characters underleveled or lacking their other jobs? If not it shouldn't be -that- hard.

Heng

What are you guys running to level your characters to level 80? I can 2 man chapter 20, but it feels really slow and is very boring... and I have to do it 3 times for A'misandra...

What are you guys running to level your characters to level 80? I can 2 man chapter 20, but it feels really slow and is very boring... and I have to do it 3 times for A'misandra...
23-4 with ~3 guys (bring aoe spells).

Less experience overall, but you won't get burnout as much since it takes mere minutes.

Fandangox

It's hard to give specific advice without knowing what characters you have and what you're lacking in. For the boss in particular, the usual strategy would simply be to take out the grunts before the boss can use them to heal, and to do double pincers on the boss whenever possible. Rely heavily on sword units. Are your sword characters underleveled or lacking their other jobs? If not it shouldn't be -that- hard.

I have Bahl, Sorman, Snaip, Grace, Bagunar and Samupi. They are all around level 50, except Bagunar who is 40. Grace, Bahl, and Bagunar are on their seconds job, and Bahl does the most damage, but once two of my units die (Samupi doesn't last long on this one) it goes downhill as I take more time to deal out damage and take longer to kill the grunts.

Only reason why I have Samupi here is because he is level 51 and the other character I have around the same level is not a fighter (the S class Levitation dude, forgot the name)

I am thinking maybe I should just replace Samupi with the SS healer (forgot her name too, amani?) so I can heal both sides of a chain at once, but she is at level 23..

duckroll

Get Sorman to Job 2, and level him until he has Heal All. That should close a huge gap in your healing issue if your characters are dying.

Heng

23-4 with ~3 guys (bring aoe spells).

Less experience overall, but you won't get burnout as much since it takes mere minutes.
Hmm... I don't have any other makes with row spell besides Zerro, unless I focus on Jennish job 3. I don't have the gold to evolve him yet, so I might just 3 man chapter 20 for faster run. Thanks for the info though.

Top Bottom