• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Tidd

How did you accomplish with that relatively low sb on your physicals?

I guess the main reason was luck, power points and luck. And like I said before this try felt a lot worse than other ones I did but it worked out.
I do a little floor by floor, which will probably not help at all :D
Floor 1: First pincer with both physicals and both mages reduced her health to 5%ish. Could be a one shot if one more skill for Bahl were activated.
Floor 2: Got lucky with skill activation so Bahl one shot a lot.
Floor 3: Used a power point for the panther group
Floor 4: Power Point for the ghoul
Floor 5: Didn't kill the first Grunt group in one pincer and got a little lucky with enemy movement
Floor 6: Power Point + Meteor
Floor 7: Also a Power Point
Floor 8: Easy with the guest character + Amerpact
Floor 9: Also easy, just concentrated my mages + physical units on the dragon, this try was the first one in which I had every unit in the middle of the map while killing the dragon, I guess this was the key for floor 10
Floor 10: I hate this floor because of the defense buff units and the breath attacks. Just used power points to kill groups of minions. and then attacked the boss. got lucky with enemy movement again

I'm also curious because that's giving me hope.

Also, Is A'merpact effective for the event? I have him with like 40% SB. Would it be worth swapping Korin for him?

I can't really say anything about Korin since I didn't use him so far.
Amerpact is useful for Floor 8 + the dragon's shield goes down a little bit faster with 2 mages. The only other units I could have used were Grace or Yukken with high skill boost but in earlier tries they sucked for this event.

Visceir

I usually leave one of the fire type monsters alive and drag all my units to the top right corner on the 9th floor with the mage in the corner, this way the mage will participate in 2 pincers on the first turn on floor 9. Then when the dragon moves on the second turn I pincer it from all sides and the shield will be down when the last 2 characters start attacking (Zuzu & S'naip with outflank, which is usually pretty much a 1hit K.O.).

Had S'naip die on floor 9 after I killed the dragon on my last run. Went into the last floor battle without him. The damage output dropped significantly, 1.5x damage buff is seriously OP.

meow

I think my team is still too low level for TLS event. Highest I have is Bahl at 78 with 20% sb and most others are mid-60s. Do any of the defense down skills help in this dungeon? I've been farming Tiamat/Lich/Marilith the past few days and those battles have been ridiculously easy once you get those skills to activate a few times.

So 20 more days of TLS.
I'm wondering if they're waiting until the end before releasing story Part 2.
An Eidolon or 2 before then would be nice though.
Had S'naip die on floor 9 after I killed the dragon on my last run. Went into the last floor battle without him. The damage output dropped significantly, 1.5x damage buff is seriously OP.
His Tail Spin is probably what makes me win most battles. So strong.

duckroll

So 20 more days of TLS.
I'm wondering if they're waiting until the end before releasing story Part 2.
An Eidolon or 2 before then would be nice though.

I think the more important thing to do right now is to get Download Starter 2 out on their site. It's getting pretty embarrassing that downloads from the new regions they have launched are outpacing their ability to even announce what rewards the milestones are unlocking. Lol.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think the more important thing to do right now is to get Download Starter 2 out on their site. It's getting pretty embarrassing that downloads from the new regions they have launched are outpacing their ability to even announce what rewards the milestones are unlocking. Lol.

On the flipside I don't think Sakaguchi wants to aggravate the "lol we put this up on the list but we have no idea what we're actually doing" situation so they're thinking it through beforehand.

duckroll

On the flipside I don't think Sakaguchi wants to aggravate the "lol we put this up on the list but we have no idea what we're actually doing" situation so they're thinking it through beforehand.

Unlikely. V Jump already promised a feature on the new goals in their next issue, that's out next week. Considering how publishing works, this likely means the goals were already planned out with details provided to magazines by last month. They probably held back on putting stuff up because they wanted to stagger "new" stuff for fans since all the other actual content isn't coming along as fast as they would like. Versus Mode is still stuck in QA, Season 2 isn't ready yet, the Matsuno quest isn't done, the Sakaguchi boss quest isn't done. They're just too slow.

What probably really tripped them up was Golden Week, since everyone was on vacation, and they released the new patch just a week before that. During the week people were discovering several bugs the game, including the Daily Quest bug which was only noticeable in the second week, right during the period when they weren't able to fix it immediately. They probably have tons of support tickets to deal with too, once they went back to work.

This is what happens when a tiny independent developer of 5-10 people release a mobile game which gets more popular than they expect, instead of huge listed billion dollar listed companies with literal armies of staff assigned to marketing and content development - the game is really fun and content actually feels well designed, but everything seems to take forever.

Finalow

It depends on the rest of your party, really. Having a mage isn't mandatory and you could use elemental characters like Ba'gunar for Pudding zone. I personally wouldn't waste my time leveling up a C class character.

I think there still are some codes floating around for extra energy, you could use those for a few more character pulls if you just started out.

Y4jucHcGjxPiUbgk - 5 energy code
If you use someone's referral code you get 5 energy too.

If you want a somewhat decent mage then you could farm Mantledrake at lvl 7-10, I imagine you would get one fast with Yukken's Negotiator Pro, but you'd have to get Yukken to job 3 lvl 35 for that.
I have one healer, 2 swords, 2 spears and one bow.

I already got and used that 10 energy, got 1 A and Yukken. honestly? Yukken is around level 20 like the rest of the party but despite being SS she's like a C rank archer, if not worse.
for her 2nd job I need 3 orichalcum, I'm still at chapter 6 so I guess I need to get lucky in pudding zone for that. I don't see getting the new job anytime soon. Idk, maybe she needs to level up more.

Visceir

I have one healer, 2 swords, 2 spears and one bow.

I already got and used that 10 energy, got 1 A and Yukken. honestly? Yukken is around level 20 like the rest of the party but despite being SS she's like a C rank archer, if not worse.
for her 2nd job I need 3 orichalcum, I'm still at chapter 6 so I guess I need to get lucky in pudding zone for that. I don't see getting the new job anytime soon. Idk, maybe she needs to level up more.

She is mainly desired for her negotiator pro skill, the +2 control time and self heal are alright. I rarely ever use her as I have much better damage dealers.

Just focus on getting through the story chapters with the team you've got, you'll get more energy for every chapter completed and you'll have more max stamina to play around with.

duckroll

Another day, another Alternate Fate. Why won't Zael sempai notice me? :(

At least I managed to get all 5 Mantle Helixes, another item to cross off my to-do list! :)

Finalow

She is mainly desired for her negotiator pro skill, the +2 control time and self heal are alright. I rarely ever use her as I have much better damage dealers.

Just focus on getting through the story chapters with the team you've got, you'll get more energy for every chapter completed and you'll have more max stamina to play around with.
should I always go for a Pact of Truth as soon as I have 5 energy?

Visceir

should I always go for a Pact of Truth as soon as I have 5 energy?

At the point where you're in the game right now? Yeah, you could definitely use more characters to bolster up your team.

If it was me I'd probably backup that account and create a secondary account and try to roll for an SS mage while the 5 energy code still works (this is what I actually did when I was at chapter 8). Getting back to chapter 6 is easy and would probably take less than a day. But this is coming from someone who really enjoys the game

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I thought you were a guy >_>
<_<

A-anyways

I should pick this game back up. Whats the most time efficient levels? (Not stamina efficient)
Oh I am, but I've been watching so many K and J dramas that are making me cry every day that I'm pretty much a girl now. You don't want to know the noises and body movements I've been making.

Use 23-4; it'll only take a few min to deplete it all.

Got 2 wisps today; 11 more to go.

duckroll

HawthorneKitty is scaring me. Tone down the creep pls.

Did a 10x PoF for fun, got Velraine!!! I have both Velraine and Maralme now! Yay! Best.Day.Ever. <3 Kusunoki artwork <3

So happy~

Didn't know that Terra Battle is quite popular. Battle system is quite simple but still enjoyable - especially for a mobile title.

Just got my first SS character with Amina. And Maralme is maybe my favourite character.

Xetherion

Yup. In fact I'd say my biggest motivation for clearing PoF was not wanting Suoh, or Camelia, or whatshername... I simply didn't want to waste 5 stamina and end up with Jaguna ever again.

Word, I stopped spending energy until i clear POF because the last time i spent energy i pulled 4 dupes and then velraine and jaguna. I already got Suoh with energy too before that. So i'm done spending energy until POF is completely cleared. Should be done sometime in September! lol

duckroll

I'll have you all know that Jaguna carried me through chapter 18, so laugh as much as you want, she's not useless. I don't have Eileen or any Levitate All character, so she did the majority of the pincering on Job 2 with Levitate Self equipped. And it worked!

Foolworm

I'll have you all know that Jaguna carried me through chapter 18, so laugh as much as you want, she's not useless. I don't have Eileen or any Levitate All character, so she did the majority of the pincering on Job 2 with Levitate Self equipped. And it worked!

That seems pretty desperate, it's manageable with a good healer and careful positioning. Did you also use Palpa?

duckroll

That seems pretty desperate, it's manageable with a good healer and careful positioning. Did you also use Palpa?

Jaguna just gets too much hate. She's honestly fine if you need certain skills. I'm sure those who have like 50 characters and min/max everything in the game look down on certain characters, but it's mostly exaggerated.

When Jaguna &#923; is revealed with Levitate All, Full Heal All, Aerial Shield Chain, and Tera Spear All, I'll be the one laughing at everyone!!!!!!!111111111

:(

kiyoaki

As a B rank character, Jaguna levels up pretty fast. I already have her on 65 for the third job wouldn't mind bringing her up to 80.

The real problem with her IMO is the artwork, which I just find ugly.

As a B rank character, Jaguna levels up pretty fast. I already have her on 65 for the third job wouldn't mind bringing her up to 80.

The real problem with her IMO is the artwork, which I just find ugly.

honestly this is the crux of it all.

one of the game's main appeals is the alluring artwork and consistent theme. Jaguna's artwork is so out of left-field and inconsistent with its own themes, it's like the visual representation of someone scratching a chalkboard.

she starts as a ninja crossbow user (?), then turns into a massively bulked armored lancer, then somehow changes hair color and shape, gets naked, and her limbs extend like she's the star of the 8th species movie.

EDIT:

apparently there was a bug where you could have multiple of the same character in a team.

damn, 5 Piz'fers and 1 Kuscah and i could have cleared the tls storyline easy peazy

Falk

that puzzling face
Jaguna is sorta like Quina to me.

So ugly I couldn't even be arsed putting it in the party. I don't give a shit if he/she/it has the best abilities in the game; just no thanks. On the bright side this means I can freely admit to not being able to formulate an opinion on its actual usefulness (or lack thereof)

come at me

Finalow

farming orichalcum is going to be awful isn't it.
I'm trying to get some common (lol) forlon stones but I got like 1 in 5 runs of 4-1. I see that there are a lot of chapters with enemies dropping that but which is/are the most profitable?

duckroll

I seem to get a ton of Forlorn Stones while grinding on 23-4. Not sure if you're that far yet though. Helps if you have a good mage to get the most out of that level.

What is the better strategy bruteforcing through the story with high level characters or trying to get more jobs?

Chapter 11 now and got only enough items for S'naip, Grace and Ba'gunar.

duckroll

If you're able to unlock more jobs, that's always preferable. Since you have Hunting Zone 2 open, it's worth at least using that to unlock the second job and get it up to lvl30 (35 would be even better) using Metal Zone 2. At lvl20 of every job you unlock an extra skill slot to equip skills from other jobs. It's very handy for some characters in particular.

Visceir

What is the better strategy bruteforcing through the story with high level characters or trying to get more jobs?

Chapter 11 now and got only enough items for S'naip, Grace and Ba'gunar.

Every chapter completed increases your max stamina and gives you an energy -- which ultimately allows you to do more. If you manage to easily force your way through chapters then I'd say do that.

It also really depends on the characters you have. Some characters have godly skills on early job 2, in that case it would be well worth the material farming. Best example being Zuzu with his thousand swords skill, so good.

linkent

If you guys having trouble with Perfect Fate,
And have Suoh at max level & SB.
Should try to use him. His Assasinate can kill many of the mobs instantly. Especially useful at
Birds stage(2) (cleared in 2-3 rounds)
Poison Stage (cleared in 3 rounds with boost and 2 high physical on boss)
2 Ram units stage (2-3rounds, just get ready to pincer the 3mobs)
Null healing stage(conveniently, the 2 mob we are not supposed to kill are immune to this)
Stage 9/10 too.

Dont even need to pincer him. Just link him to someone attacking and place him beside another 1/2 mobs.
If his assinate doesnt work there, S&L and place him on another. You can also change the pincer member and link him for another chance.

Foolworm

Jaguna just gets too much hate. She's honestly fine if you need certain skills. I'm sure those who have like 50 characters and min/max everything in the game look down on certain characters, but it's mostly exaggerated.

Well, the problem is that she has terrible skill AND stat distribution, with one compounding the other. She doesn't do remedy particularly well - levitate really should have been an all skill and antidote been panacea instead. On the other hand, an entire job's worth of her skill slots are devoted to physical moves, which is a terrible choice given her abysmal attack stat. You could double it and she would still be mediocre as a DPS. Meanwhile, her strong (relatively speaking) magic stat is wasted as it really only sees use in healing breeze.

Only reason why I'm leveling her is for achievements, to be honest. It's really saying something that I'd rather pick a good monster over her, something I cannot say for any other adventurer on the roster.

honestly this is the crux of it all.

one of the game's main appeals is the alluring artwork and consistent theme. Jaguna's artwork is so out of left-field and inconsistent with its own themes, it's like the visual representation of someone scratching a chalkboard.

I dunno about that, the guest artist characters all stick out. Amano's character in particular is bizarre: A roster of humanoids and suddenly a gigantic alien airship?

To be honest, I don't find Jaguna's design unappealing, it's no worse than Sheena's. My beef with her boils straight down to function.

duckroll

Samatha is almost ready for her transformation. I'm really dreading the grind to level her Z form from lvl1 to lvl80. Someone please tell me what sort of pain to expect....

Well, I'm rocking an archery centric team with support characters.

Grace*
Amina
S'naip*
Maralme
Pahrl
Ba'gunar*

lvl 19-34

And the battles are all quite easy/not that hard. So I guess I will run through the game for a little bit more until I start grinding for items.

GeoGonzo

Well, I'm rocking an archery centric team with support characters.

Grace*
Amina
S'naip*
Maralme
Pahrl
Ba'gunar*

lvl 19-34

And the battles are all quite easy/not that hard. So I guess I will run through the game for a little bit more until I start grinding for items.

Keep in mind you are certain to find sword heavy stages and those could be a huge pain. Consider rotating some characters, if you can.

Baliis

Been grinding like crazy since the start of the TLS event after not playing for a while so I could get both characters, but I ended up overprepping a bit. Went in today with a team of Bahl, Ma'curi, S'naip, A'merpact, Zerro, and Kuscah all around level 90 now and ended up blowing through it pretty easily. Did have to close the app to reset the last battle though. Was paying too much attention to the adds and their buff and let Zael die, whoops.

Kinda wish I had left it a little bit more of a challenge, but it was nice to be able to do it after not having a high level team ready when bahamut/leviathin/Odin came through back when I'd been playing then.

Kinda wish I had left it a little bit more of a challenge, but it was nice to be able to do it after not having a high level team ready when bahamut/leviathin/Odin came through back when I'd been playing then.
Did you at least run it the first time blind, or just read all the strategies from the start ?

Any stage would be boring as hell if you knew what to expect.

I need to get Bahl Job 2 to Level 65, but here is the team I am hoping to tackle the Last Story dungeon with.

79lSWCD.jpg

I'll run Chapter 20 at work all day tomorrow and Friday for a few more levels and boosts, and finally give the thing a shot at the weekend.

I have a Ma'curi that's brand new if I need one more raw power character, but I don't know if I would want to get all three of his jobs to Level 65 without Metal Zone 4 and 5 at the arena.

Foolworm

Samatha is almost ready for her transformation. I'm really dreading the grind to level her Z form from lvl1 to lvl80. Someone please tell me what sort of pain to expect....

It's about the same as cumulatively leveling all three of her SS jobs. So the account of time you spent getting her ready to recode should be a good ballpark estimate.

Did you at least run it the first time blind, or just read all the strategies from the start ?

Any stage would be boring as hell if you knew what to expect.

Getting the best ending is a challenge even if you're prepared. I find all the event dungeons to be that way, which is a hallmark of good design. I can't help but wonder if the campaign will be rebalanced in light of the upcoming season 2 though.

Top Bottom