• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Soulflarz

Banned
Zuzu is honorary SS, or ZZ tier

I mean hes no good as a chain, but if he's actually pushed against an enemy, he has some ridiculous damage output before any of his teammates do. He basically solo'd the entire middle portion of the game for me.

Going on a missions trip in 2 days...for a week.

Ill miss you guys ;_;

saichi

I'd take Ba'gunar honestly. There's several enemies that are weak to Lightning in important ways and Paralyzing Blade is reliable (even after going from 100% to 80% in the patch). He also creates Anti-Shadow Capsules which is handy. Followed by Sampui for his weapon triangle versatility and eventually learning Control Time.

Jaguna is trash and Burbaba is a counterattack-type adventurer, which might have a niche but I found it pretty worthless. If you need the enemy to attack you to get your skills to work, it's not reliable (and it only triggers off enemy pincers and any enemy that matters isn't going to be attacking you with Pincers). Also, I think O'pari is pretty lackluster since most of his skills are filled with low damage Fire Arrows but having a fire element type attacker wouldn't be bad to have eventually. Elements are more dramatic then weapon triangle so there's no worry about having two archers unless the stage preview says it's full of swords.

... I dunno how one would get by without a healer, you can't dodge all damage, so definitely take your C-rank generic until you can replace her proper.

An update on this. So I did end up getting a B Class Healer (Kuscah). Also got Zenzoze so now my main team is Zerro, Gugba, Samupi, Grace and those 2. I decided to use Zenzoze instead of Ba'gunar cause he looks so bad ass and also have element attack.

Can this team go far?

I mean hes no good as a chain, but if he's actually pushed against an enemy, he has some ridiculous damage output before any of his teammates do. He basically solo'd the entire middle portion of the game for me.

Going on a missions trip in 2 days...for a week.

Ill miss you guys ;_;

dont forget to login for bonuses

Visceir

Been neglecting the game. Missed out on some login bonuses and forgot to do Coin Creeps last weekend.

I did bother to get Bahamut to job3 lvl 65+ tho. With 35% B it has earned a spot in my main team.

All the recent energy pulls have been poor. Pulled Zenzoze dupes twice and Korin dupe once.

just got Alika. Should I replace Grace with her?

I got both of them and I usually roll with Alika. The Treasure Hunter skill is always nice to have, her regen is really useful for keeping her alive and her damage output is decent.

Obviously when facing enemies that don't favor the lightning element then I ditch her. At this point I've got enough characters to make a specialized team for every occasion. As my "main" team that I use to boost B% in Coin Creeps I consider

Piz'fer
Yukken
Alika
Zuzu
S'naip
Bahamut

kiyoaki

I started with two B level characters one month ago, and now I'm at chapter 24 and I haven't really run into problems. Starting out with a SS character is obviously a nice bonus that will save you some grinding time, but not getting one won't seriously impair you.

Raika

You could end up getting better units somewhere along the line, who knows. The question is which B character did you start with?

Raika

Yeah everyone gets either Grace or Bahl at the start, your real first roll is the one you get from the 5 free post-tutorial energy in your message box.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So yeah been playing this game and it's pretty fun for what it is. Is this what Puzzles and Dragons is like?
No, P&D is different in the sense that it is very much a puzzle game that has RPG elements while this is a mostly an RPG with puzzle elements.

zulux21

well that was a B tier healer... :/

that was a solid way to start given that the basic healer you are given isn't very good but the b tier healers are great, for the majority of the game they are better than the SS healers as the SS healers level up so slowly.

YES! finally fucking beat Odin Ultra.

It came down to the wire with 5/6 characters alive.

I tried like 15 times to do the rsw strategy but it kept dyign to some random shit or bad placement when odin moved. plus making the whole treck with a mage team to battle #5 was a nightmare.

I decided to just level up a few physical archers and just roll on that mothafucka.

still had to reset like 10 times cause zuzu being a sword user kept getting torn a new one.

Odin even sucked my HP at one point and regained 90% of his hp, but i said fuck it, and loaded with every P point i had. came down to everyone with 1 hp, his mobs about to wipe my team, and maneuvering through the bombs to set everything up.

rune dropped on 1st try. and with a few hours to spare too. PHEW! this whole week has been nothing but grinding for these matches. I neglected every other aspect of the game. im still at beginning of ch 23. might actually do some of them.

EDIT:

so all boss characters obtained. now starts the material and gold grind.

Kain

Not even with Grace I can beat the Ultras. Fuck them, I'm building a new team with Daiana (screw Bahamut), Kapori and Eileen at its core.

Do you think Eileen can be a good substitute for Kuscah? She has regen and an all heal plus lots of utility, she looks great but I don't know.

HawthorneKitty

Not even with Grace I can beat the Ultras. Fuck them, I'm building a new team with Daiana (screw Bahamut), Kapori and Eileen at its core.

Do you think Eileen can be a good substitute for Kuscah? She has regen and an all heal plus lots of utility, she looks great but I don't know.
Eileen can not sustain you as the sole healer since her healing aside from Regen is area based. She's still a good unit though.

still had to reset like 10 times cause zuzu being a sword user kept getting torn a new one.
Don't have evasive arts yet?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've just been logging in for the bonus the past week or so. Pulled my 3rd SS character this morning...Lewtwo, my second SS mage. I'm assuming he's decent?

ugh critically low on orichalcum and wish particles.

8 characters waiting for new upgrade. 4/6 need wish particles, 2/6 need orichalcums.

1 orichalcum/wish particle left , but like 200+ rings and parts of everything else.

wish we had some sort of mechanic where you trade in shit you dont need for a chance to get an uber item

Staab

1 orichalcum/wish particle left , but like 200+ rings and parts of everything else.

wish we had some sort of mechanic where you trade in shit you dont need for a chance to get an uber item

Yeah, fuck Orichalcum and Serenty shoots :/

I have massive excess of everything else but those two...

Got some lucky S rolls with that holiday bonus energy : Rejin, Gatz and Pupru.
Prolly gonna level Gatz for Treasure Hunter... not sure I can even think about levelling Pupru with this baby design :O

Yeah, fuck Orichalcum and Serenty shoots :/

I have massive excess of everything else but those two...

Got some lucky S rolls with that holiday bonus energy : Rejin, Gatz and Pupru.
Prolly gonna level Gatz for Treasure Hunter... not sure I can even think about levelling Pupru with this baby design :O

try doing the lower level hunting zones

i had an issue with too low benelovent fangs, and found they seem to drop more from those (plus less stamina per run) since they are considered low tier items methinks

HawthorneKitty

8 characters waiting for new upgrade. 4/6 need wish particles, 2/6 need orichalcums.

Yeah, I think I'm going to start grinding for particles soon; running out of semi-useful jobs to bring into Metal Zones.

Aexact

YES! finally fucking beat Odin Ultra.

It came down to the wire with 5/6 characters alive.

I tried like 15 times to do the rsw strategy but it kept dyign to some random shit or bad placement when odin moved. plus making the whole treck with a mage team to battle #5 was a nightmare.
Yeah, I resorted to the Red Starwhip method on Leviathan because I failed all the other gear check requirements (no Ice Capsules, no Levitation, not even O'pari).

I eventually managed to pull it off. Like four times (and a couple failures) because Leviathan is a jerk. It was the most stressful of the events I've attempted because I had proper bow users for Odin and rolled Grace for Bahamut. The margin of error of ensuring the survival of the Starwhip and requiring the boss to move in a way that would allow you to pincer three more times with the surviving reinforcements (especially taxing on Leviathan because you'd be letting an enemy who could Confuse one of your characters survive) was nerve-wrackingly specific. If I had any other option, I'd take it.

But I didn't so I'm grateful the Red Starwhip method exists. Even if it's hairpulling.

I'm sure Mistwalker is onto that strat (and Grace and other def-stacking strategies) because Bahamut moving before you get a turn seems to be a deliberate counter to pincering specific enemies to stack enough def debuffs. I still pulled off the Grace method reliably anyway though I wonder how people who didn't have at least four people who could tank Omega Bahamut's first Inferno handled it (I used my healers and casters). I know my Grace couldn't survive it.

And I've run 20-1 enough times that Orichacum is the only ore I'm lacking. So running Pudding Time is a lot of despair. Don't think 15-9 or whatever that boss that drops Orichacum is all that efficient either.

Any tips on 6Z00 the final boss on 30-10? I can't even get to the second form let alone imagine beating it right now. My team is all lvl 70's listed below:

Kuscah the Healer
Ba'gunar the August
Grace the Ranger
Amazora the Ethereal
Pharl the Mystic Bow
Megacell

Not leveled up characters include:
Ka'Pori
Palpa
Zenzoze
Zan
Ra'prow
Jaguna

Decent Monsters:
Leviathan
Bahamut
Odin
Onyx Dragon
Tiamat

Am I just gonna have to save energy for a long time and roll for more SS, S, and A characters?

zulux21

180 stamina, a buttload of rins, and 1 oxcecium to show for it :/ there goes 1 full day with nothing to show for it

it took me 3 weeks of running pudding time on tuesday and friday (and one week of monday as i was doing this before they had stuff on monday) to finall get a dark matter i needed :/

I have like 20 plus of every other item from pudding time and like 200 of most of the rings.

HawthorneKitty

Any tips on 6Z00 the final boss on 30-10? I can't even get to the second form let alone imagine beating it right now. My team is all lvl 70's listed below:

Kuscah the Healer
Ba'gunar the August
Grace the Ranger
Amazora the Ethereal
Pharl the Mystic Bow
Megacell

Not leveled up characters include:
Ka'Pori
Palpa
Zenzoze
Zan
Ra'prow
Jaguna

Decent Monsters:
Leviathan
Bahamut
Odin
Onyx Dragon
Tiamat

Am I just gonna have to save energy for a long time and roll for more SS, S, and A characters?
If you can't survive a counterattack, only attack him in Staff mode and kill mobs that aren't the same weapon type as it.

If you can't survive a counterattack, only attack him in Staff mode and kill mobs that aren't the same weapon type as it.

Thanks. I can survive a counterattack if he doesn't have minions out or I've killed them. A counterattack and then an attack from them and I'm done. Didn't know about the waiting for staff mode though. That should be very useful.

zulux21

Power up items have been added to the game :)

still curious if there will be a way to buy boosts or if they will be reward only.

I mean it would be nice to have another use for gold, so if I could buy boosters for like 5k gold it would be a nice thing. though I figure if they sell the boosters it will be something like 1 energy for a 3 pack of a single type or something.

Zorbane

Neo Member
still curious if there will be a way to buy boosts or if they will be reward only.

I mean it would be nice to have another use for gold, so if I could buy boosters for like 5k gold it would be a nice thing. though I figure if they sell the boosters it will be something like 1 energy for a 3 pack of a single type or something.

It looks like you can get some in the next famitsu magazine (not sure I just google translated this tweet)

https://twitter.com/terra_battle/status/553086893030506496

pulled metupi from pact of truth.

yet ANOTHER character that requires wish particles :/

also weird thing, accidentally started puppet show 2. finished it and it dropped an ANIMATON.

did they update the drop tables?

HawthorneKitty

Re4BD2c.png

c8BYwmF.png

FfEbSSh.png

NupllxF.png

Pics of new character and a cute art of the Twins.
pulled metupi from pact of truth.

yet ANOTHER character that requires wish particles :/

also weird thing, accidentally started puppet show 2. finished it and it dropped an ANIMATON.

did they update the drop tables?
Did you kill the king?

Top Bottom