• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '08 The Show NOG GAF League Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok,but next time we meet on aim we will play and you will lose.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Game fly sent out my MLB today, so I should be available for ass whoopins whenever you guys want to hand them out.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mig destroying Show leagues left and right :p

Mrbob

He is probably still mourning over another Rockets playoff failure.

Tmack isn't getting out of the first round ever Mig!

Matrix

Migs roommate annoys me,dude is always on the PS3 playing Rockband....

unless thats really Mig.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Time to drop the hammer on these people that are holding this league up. I was ok with one day, but there is no excuse for not getting games in last night. This shit is getting old.

Mrbob

League has advanced this morning.

Big E I will be home again around 4:15 Central. I added you to aim I'll talk to you then.

Matrix

DM,when can we play?

Mrbob

We have uh oh.

WSV is listed at 2-6, and all games are reported. Let me see if I can see if I can get his game registered. Otherwise it won't let us play our games. Haha this league setup sucks sony!

It is still registering as week 3. Bah.

Matrix

what the shit *sigh*

Mrbob

Well, the league is advanced.

Unfortunately WSV has been sacrificed. :( It gave everyone automatic wins for the games they have to play against him.

Sony, your league setup sucks.

I guess we forge on now, shaken but still able to go.

Matrix

Damn that sucks,sorry Quinton :(

Bob any idea what happened and can we blame Mig too?

scar

Ok guys...what's going on with the league? So many games have been simulated. Are we still doing it? I'm enjoying my time with it...however, watching so many computer simulated games is beginning to take the fun and the legitimacy out of it. That said... Is DeZed still in it? When are you up for playing?

Matrix

League is still a go.Quinton got screwed over by the game and he dropped for us,so all his games had to be simmed as W's.Everyone else is playing their games/trying to play as far as I know.... except Miguel it seems >_<

I'm set to start my series with DM tomorrow.

Mrbob

What Matrix said.

The league charges on.

It is a reminder to please try and get your games in the 5 game window. Start the game and have one person quit if you don't want to play it. The reason this happened was because of a glitch when selecting a winner for an unresolved game.

scar

Does anyone know how to contact DeZed? I'll be around tomorrow night and during the day at times if he wants to get his games in.

Ramirez

Nah, me and Mig are planning on knocking all 3 out tonight probably, at least that was the plan we set on last night, just got off work. :p

Dez

scar said:
Does anyone know how to contact DeZed? I'll be around tomorrow night and during the day at times if he wants to get his games in.

I should be good to get a game or two or 3 in tomorrow night.

scar

Let's try 7 EST....let me know if that works...don't think I can do all 3 games then...maybe one tonight...and the rest tomorrow.

Dez

scar said:
Let's try 7 EST....let me know if that works...don't think I can do all 3 games then...maybe one tonight...and the rest tomorrow.

alright i'm ready when you are.. i'll be in the lobby.

Matrix

Good series Dm.

Dm and I completed our series.

My Stros should be in first overall,but Sony is holding me down :( Cubs should be behind me.

Mrbob

Why should I be behind you? :lol

Big E I'll be home in an hour can you play a game or two tonight?

I might be able to play in an hour. Depends on the weather. Thunderstorms and the occassional tornado has hit today. Ahhh welcome to spring.

Matrix

Because you got one more free W! It says 16 games completed to my 15.

I just swept DM and I believe you and I had the same records before the games were simmed.

Have you played any this week?

Mrbob

Yeah I played one game against Big E so far. Need to finish up the last two.

Oh and stop winning games damn it. Of course, it is DM, so that is basically being the Madden equivalent of Konex to play!

Big-E

Mrbob said:

Oh and stop winning games damn it. Of course, it is DM, so that is basically being the Madden equivalent of Konex to play!

I can play one probably. I might head out though.

Matrix

Mrbob said:

:lol :lol

Good games FMT! Sorry about the pitching being all over the place near the end of the second game. Despite the fact I was aiming for corners, my pitchers had something else in mind. Lemme know when you can run for game three.

yeah i didn't mean to throw those crap pitches either, although there wasn't much lag. guess my pitcher was shaken :(

man i just couldn't get ANYTHING going. two 2-0 losses... i can usually get a couple runs, but nope! dominated by the angels pitching :(

Mrbob

Could be worse.

Could be up 1-0 with two outs in the bottom of the 9th, with your closer mowing guys down. Then giving up a triple then a two run homer on back to back at bats to lose the game 2-1.

Matrix

Tears....

let them fall down your cheeks Bob.

Big-E

Mrbob said:
Could be worse.

Could be up 1-0 with two outs in the bottom of the 9th, with your closer mowing guys down. Then giving up a triple then a two run homer on back to back at bats to lose the game 2-1.

Lastings Milledge and Austin Kearns FTW :D

Dez

scar where are you.. we gotta get our games in, i guess tomorrow. Give me a time, I should be free.

Ramirez

The developers of this game should really be ashamed of the online performance, I didn't have this much noticeable lag with Mig on the fucking PS2 in NFL2K on dial-up, christ. :lol

Also, can Cliff Lee please get a fucking boost, he has like a .28 ERA in RL right now and is 4-0 yet he loses his fucking pitching bar if he gets a couple of singles hit off him, sigh.

Top Bottom