• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '08 The Show NOG GAF League Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
hahaha no really,that was scary.

I thought my PS3 went out xbox style!

I think he was booted too,it didnt show him playing show on my friends list

Mrbob

It looks like the game didn't register.

So you can guys can either replay the game, or whoever was winning at the time can get the W since the game crashed in the 7th inning making it an official game. I can just give the winner the game win after the week is over.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Give it to FMt,I couldnt play in the lag and I was playing awful D,plus he was winning.

I was so scared :(

i thought my system was dead too. i heard a beep, then my tv said "searching for signal" then i was back at the ps3 desktop.

i dont know why it was so laggy. i turned my computer off even!

one strange thing is i noticed there was less lag when i was pitching, but maybe you noticed less lag when you were pitching too, not sure.

anyhow, as i always say with this game, i just got lucky. i guess right on a couple pitches, matrix had a couple throwing errors, and didnt take control of the right guy in the right direction a couple times.

oh well! sorry i couldn't try again matrix but i was already pushing it playing at all apparently :lol

Matrix

I had everyhing off as well,were you using wireless? Mines always plugged straight into my modem.

I had awful lag while I was pitching,I couldnt spot my pitches at all and my fielding mistakes were because I couldnt see the ball after you hit it till it was too late.

Whats odd is we had a green bar connection :\

Yea my PS3 made a beep sound first and then it rebooted itself or something...I almost shit myself :lol

Its all good,I'm just glad both our systems still work :p

Ramirez

Fuck, there's another system update I have to install LJ, I'm gonna be a bit. :|

Every time I turn this shit on there's a new update, wtf?

LJ11

Ramirez said:
Fuck, there's another system update I have to install LJ, I'm gonna be a bit. :|

Every time I turn this shit on there's a new update, wtf?

Figured there was an update that was keeping you, they updated the PSN store interface.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
MLB 1.10 patch went up today.

36MB.

I wonder what Sony fixed.

Maybe online lag *crosses fingers*

Matrix

Lag hasnt been fixed :( Not sure what this patch did.

Mrbob

Matrix your connection always is horrible! You are not the best gauge! ;)

Dez I can play a game or two in about 20 min.

Dez

Mrbob said:

k just drop a msg here, or add me to your AIM via my icq# 4065341

Matrix

Mrbob said:

My connection isnt horrible anymore,that was a busted old cable modem box that was making me lose connection.I havent had any internet issues since I got my new one with speed or dropping.

I think its people who play games using wireless which fudges shit up,atleast with this game.

i have tried to plug my ps3 in directly with wired mode but it will not acknowledge my CAT-5 cable. it says "Plug ethernet cable in" when it is already plugged in. so im not sure what is wrong, but that is the first time ive had bad lag throughout an entire game and i always play with wireless. although maybe it has to do with distance (but i think when i played LJ the lag was ok, and he lives in ny right?)

also, matrix can you play right now?

Core407

Banned
DMCZAF, where you at. We need to get our games in. '08 was patched and I've only played 1 game so far, but the lag was literally non existent. It felt like playing SP. Probably why I managed to take the Wakefield knuckler deep with Francy boy. Hope the trend continues...

LJ11

Ramirez said:
You around LJ? I'll be around all night if you want to play.

Can we do it tomorrow? I had a long day today. I'm free the rest of the weekend so pick a time and I'm there.

Ramirez

So I just played a random game, and I don't know if the update really addressed online play, but the lag was a non factor, hopefully they fixed it up a bit. The guy also started Oliver Perez and then put Johan Santana in midgame as relief, never change random online asshats. I still won though. :D

Matrix

Hey I'm around now,but I have my nephew coming over soon ...so if you see this let me know ill and rush on!

note to self: stop pitching to lance berkman.

also we didn't have much lag in our game. there was a little lag but nothing like the game before. i kept freaking pushing the button when i saw fast ball or pitch down the middle but it wouldn't register fast enough and i'd strike out :(

gg though matrix!

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
note to self: stop pitching to lance berkman.

also we didn't have much lag in our game. there was a little lag but nothing like the game before. i kept freaking pushing the button when i saw fast ball or pitch down the middle but it wouldn't register fast enough and i'd strike out :(

gg though matrix!

GG!

Lance a one man team and yea much better game,hardly any lag.Maybe they did fix the lag issue.

When can you play our last game?

Matrix

Yea can you play at 3 pm eastern?

I have to go out for a few and I will be back by then.

Mrbob

Hopefully sportsconnect will be up by then.

Me and Dez tried playing this morning and couldn't connect. It is still down.

Matrix

Servers still down?

Matrix

Good series FMT.

My D is awful against you for some reason,just sloppy as hell.

lol shouldn't have even been as close as it was. you just made some weird mental errors to give me free runs :lol

aside from that it was a good series. i'm clearly shitty at hitting but i should be able to depend on my pitching if i can put up 6! just couldn't get the location down on my pitches and i paid for it :(

Matrix

Yea throwing to home by mistake and I give you a free baserunner which leads to a run,dropped double play balls,awful tag attempt on a sure out at the plate etc etc :lol

I was also getting sick of only hitting singles and doubles off your mistake pitches and sure enough I finally decide to try the power swing button a couple of times and I go back to back and that basically won me the game.

Miguel

My bad Big-E

I saw MLB servers were down at some point today, and then friends came over to play some Rock Band.

Tomorrow I'm going to the Rockets game.

I've been very unavailable the past few days, so if I must eat the losses I will. And it looks like I'll have to :(

Unless bob can find it in his <3 to extend the series until tuesday night! :)

Matrix

Thank god I took the Stros.

It's bad enough they lose in real life,you would be handing over free wins with them if you had taken them :p

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The league advances this morning (in about 10 minutes I believe). For those who haven't played their games yet, be sure to talk to Bob.

Next team up for me is the Braves. I am free after 9PM EST tonight.

Big-E

So Bob what was decision for me and Miguel's games? I believe Bob you are my next opponent. When are you free?

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
How long is this season going on for? I just got a ps3 and want to get in on some league goodness.. when did FMT get a Ps3

Mrbob

I got a big list of unresolved games.

Professor Skillz and WSV771 have two.

Mig and Big E have two.

Are you guys planning on getting these games in today? Otherwise I will advance when I get home later tonight around 8PM central and move the league along. Because of the server issues yesterday I'll grant today as one more day to get games in.

Malley the league is locked in for about another month or so.

DenogginizerOS

GCQuinton said:
I'm free at 9 as well, Denog. See you in the lobby tonight.
Looks like we may have to wait a day. Lets see what happens in the next few hours. If we have to wait until tomorrow night to start, that is no problem on my end.

DenogginizerOS

Malleymal said:
How long is this season going on for? I just got a ps3 and want to get in on some league goodness.. when did FMT get a Ps3
I will play you online whenever I can if you just want to scrim.

Mrbob

I'm going to hold off from advancing till at least tommorrow because of the server issues.

I talked to Mig and he said he could play his games against Big E sometime tommorrow. I don't want to holdup the week too long but I might wait till Wednesday to get week 4 started so those two can play their games. Otherwise Mig is getting two automatic losses. :D

If anyone objects to me holding off till wednesday for some pressing issue let me know and I will start week 4 tommorrow and give mig those guaranteed losses! Mig, your future is in the hands of your peers!

Matrix

I don't care,I have DM next on my schedule and can use all the practice I can get before I play him.

Bob,how come you wont play me!?

Matrix

If I go on aim right now...WILL YOU PLAY ME!? :lol

Top Bottom