• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '08 The Show NOG GAF League Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Did you guys play day games? those are always worse lag wise.

Ramirez

Nah, all night games, the 1st game was pretty much unplayable, he didn't seem to have a problem with the last two, but it was easily the laggiest games I had played. :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
That stinks,lets just blame Mig!

Big-E

Me and Bob just had an epic 14 inning scoreless game. Bob got a triple play early on due to a retarded baserunning play on me. I had 2nd and third no out and i jumped to early on a flylball. He ended it with a Fukodome solo shot.

Mrbob

Get your games in tonight ladies before GTA4 is out. ;)

Speaking of GTA4, since the game is so big and everyone will want to play the hell out of it initially I'm going to extend the next week of games to a full week.

Matrix

Good idea Bob,never thought a Cubs fan could have those.

Mrbob

/me boots up MLB

/Goes to league

/Goes to commissioner settings

/Drop player

/Player list

/Choose matrixadw

Adios matrix, it was fun! Now I have first place all too myself! :D

Matrix

:lol :lol

Only way you would win it all ;P

Mrbob

:(

Scar vs Dez you have two games left to play

FMT vs Shawn you have one game left to play

Core vs LJ11 you guys have two games left to play

Please get them in soon. The week is officially over. We are into OT.

Dez

Mrbob said:
:(

Scar vs Dez you have two games left to play

FMT vs Shawn you have one game left to play

Core vs LJ11 you guys have two games left to play

Please get them in soon. The week is officially over. We are into OT.

I haven't been able to get in contact with scar.

LJ11

Good series Core.

I nearly broke my controller when I blew that save, knew I would find a way to blow it. :lol

Good luck the rest of the way.

Matrix

LJ,I'm not free tonight and I'm not free till after the Rockets game Friday night.

Let me know whats up with you and what your schedule looks like.

Ramirez

Mrbob said:
I advanced the league today peoples.

I'll give it a week.

Ramirez we play. :)

Yea, just hit me up on AIM, I'm free tonight and tomorrow, my schedule will be pretty bleak after that.

Matrix

LJ,when are you free to play?

Big-E

Dez said:
alright Big-E. let me know when you can get our games in.

Today maybe but not for sure. Tomorrow I should be free all day and then in the weekday i will be only be free from around 8:30 ET.

Dez

Big-E said:
Today maybe but not for sure. Tomorrow I should be free all day and then in the weekday i will be only be free from around 8:30 ET.

alright, just drop a message here when you're ready for a game.. or add me to your AIM via my icq# - 4065341

I'm free tonight until 7, and after 10.

Matrix

LJ,you still around?

Matrix

K,how many games? And make sure we play night games.

Also my number 3 pitcher is the first game,im using a 5 man rotation.

See ya in 10

LJ11

Matrix said:
K,how many games? And make sure we play night games.

Also my number 3 pitcher is the first game,im using a 5 man rotation.

See ya in 10

I can play the entire series if you want, your call.

Matrix

Yea I can do that,Im in the lobby.

Matrix

Good series LJ,really thought you had me beat that last game.

Hey Bob! Your ass is finally looking up at me like it should.

LJ11

GG Matrix. Tejada and Berkman killed. How many HR's did you hit that series?

I had warning track power as usual. That last game was a killer.

Matrix

8 hrs and yea some of your shots just died at the warning track.

Dez

Big-E said:
Dez, something came up and I can only play till around 8 EST. I am free to play anytime before then.

I'm playing baseball from 1-4 ish, we'll try to get a couple of games in after that.

Matrix

We need some trash talking in this thread...some f-ing Drama!

This league is too quiet compared to the other leagues :(

Here I'll start...

Mig,I'm going to sweep you in our series coming up and if I even see Brad Lidge in any of the games I'm going to go Poopjuls on his ass.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Matrix said:
We need some trash talking in this thread...some f-ing Drama!

This league is too quiet compared to the other leagues :(

Here I'll start...

Mig,I'm going to sweep you in our series coming up and if I even see Brad Lidge in any of the games I'm going to go Poopjuls on his ass.
I'll give it a try:

FMT. I am going to beat you so bad that you would consider crying on Brett Favre's shoulder for comfort afterwards.

I suck at this....

Matrix

:lol

I'm worse.

GTA IV must be having some effect on this thread or maybe people don't care enough about Baseball as much to actually talk about their weekly series or trash talk.

I just wish these leagues would last,we have never ever had a complete season and a GAF champion in baseball and if someone says 2k....I will hunt you down.

Mrbob

Hmm, who do I root for in this upcoming series Mig or Matrix?

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. I think I will have to root for Matrix to win since him beating Mig helps us both out. Hope I didn't curse you! :D Oh wait, maybe I did want to do so!

Mrbob

Big E vs Dez you have 3 games left to play

Professor Skills vs DM you got 3 games left to play

Denog vs FMT you got 3 games left to play

Ramirez vs....MrBob, wait what? You got a game left to play get on it slackass!

Just a reminder to get these games in ASAP. :D

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I am waiting to hear from you FMT.

favre_photo.jpg

Mrbob

Oh great.

I just played Ramirez and the game went through but didn't register for either of us. Hopefully we won't have another crysis.

Matrix

ehhh whatever,you have two more losses than me and only 1 more win,I should still be in first.Lets also not throw in the fact you have 1 more free W than me cause of Quinton having to drop and you for some reason had a extra game against him.Hell I'm 16 and 2 and you're 17-4 and it has me 1.5 games behind you,lol.

I'm riding a 9 game win streak and look to crush Mig for destroying the first league,while you are riding high on a 1 game win streak....boo ya! :D

DRAMA BABY!

btw when does the next week start?

edit- wait a second,you have played 21 games? how...did you actually get 3 more extra wins :lol

Mrbob

I'm so good some of my wins count as two!

Week will start when the last 3 series from this expired week gets done.

Go harp on them to finish their games! ;)

PS: Our series is coming up soon

PPS: As Dustys wrist bands and tooth pick as my witness, I will take at least 2 out of 3 games against you!

Top Bottom