• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '08 The Show NOG GAF League Thread

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Quinton,when are you free to play game 2 and 3? Also you have to make sure you chose days games,less lag like I said in my other post.

Dez

Matrix said:
Quinton,when are you free to play game 2 and 3? Also you have to make sure you chose days games,less lag like I said in my other post.

you mean night games right?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dez said:
you mean night games right?

oops yea thats what I meant :lol

Mrbob

Oh and since we are in the second series now, please be using your rotation properly whether you choose 4 man or 5 man. Use them all in a certain order. Don't cheat and use your best pitcher first every series. Obviously I can't monitor this at all so I will rely on the honor system.

Matrix

oh shit,I forgot about our game Quinton.My head is up my ass :( So sorry.

Can you still play tomorrow at 6 pm eastern?

Miguel

Just in case you all don't remember, I'm going with a 5 man rotation until at least midseason.

Don't bitch at me when Hamels is taking down your sorry excuse for a 3rd starter!

Matrix

I'm using a 4 man cause I think they still have Woody in the rotation online,though if Sampson is the 5th online I will use him.I havent checked in a couple of days.

i'm doing a 5 man rotation also.

i had a pretty awesome series with runner. first game i took 5-2, the 2nd game he took 3-0 in like 14 innings (highlighted by a bullshit play at the plate in the 12th where i gunned him out, there is no way that throw was on time :lol )

last game he was up 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th. 2 outs and i said fuck it i'm holding right and swinging with power. sure enough he threw an inside pitch and i took it yard. then i was able to win it in the 11th.

i still suck ass at hitting but i can put a few runs on the board here and there by sheer luck and guessing :lol

Big-E

I was using a 5 man rotation but my fifth starter got lit up so I am moving to a 4 starting with Bergman, Perez, Redding and Chico.

Matrix

Good Series Quinton,you almost had a crazy comeback in the last game *phew*

Ramirez

DM has slain the beast, my first league loss across all of our leagues. sadface

I fucking knew better than to throw that high fastball to Sexton, should stuck with the changeup away. :(

Matrix

Oooooohhhh I have FMT next on my schedule...

I think it's time for my revenge for all my Madden beatings ive taken over the years.

I'm right behind you Bob and with no pitching this year!

edit- actually they list me in first :p

Matrix

Great math :lol

Matrix

Ramirez said:
Me and DM are playing our final game tonight.

Just know if you lose again,I'll laugh at you this time.

Miguel

Attention National League...

capt.8c5678d9d6514b38b57dffff9eaa085c.cubs_phillies_baseball_patm104.jpg

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Matrix

Miguel said:
Alright, back in business, 2 wins. I'm making my comeback, watch out Matrix.

:lol

You wont beat me dude,unless lag is awful and I serve up some fat pitches :p

Mrbob

Anyone else can finish ahead of me in the division except you two.

I will make it my personal mission to not allow any dirty, stinky, slimey disastros fans be ahead of me in the standings by seasons end!

Matrix

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Scar wanted me to tell you (MrBob) that he is in the lobby and ready whenever you get home. He has been there since about 6PM. I told him you weren't likely available until 10PM. He said that was fine, but he was just letting you know he is in the lobby now and will be ready then to play 2 games.

He was really sick last night.

Mrbob

DM/Ramirez the league must go on. If the game isn't done by 8AM central time I am flipping a coin for the victor between the two of you to advance the league to week 3. It is the only remaining game left for week 2. I would rather see the game played so hopefully it gets done tonight.

that shit aint getting done tonight

matrix when can you play? to be honest i dont think i can play until saturday. MAYBE friday, but im seeing a screening of Sarah Marshall tomorrow (why they are showing a screening for a movie that comes out in 3 days i dont know, but that's $22 less dollars i have to pay!), then on thursday i think i told my gf i'd go to dinner with her and some of her friends or something, and friday is the same shit (only i can't remember what i agreed to do).

anyhow, saturday is for sure if that works for you. otherwise if that is an issue just post it (or i have some free time before then i'll post!)

Matrix

It would have to be late Saturday night,got my nephew over all day.

Plus my Jewish ass has Passover.

Mrbob

I flipped a quarter 3 times to be fair and not judge it on one flip.

Heads Ramirez.

Tails DM.

Tails came up first. Then heads tied it up. On the final flip it ended up being heads again sorry DM! Ramirez gets the win.

Week 3 is now ready to roll! Dez when are you available?

Dez

Mrbob said:
I flipped a quarter 3 times to be fair and not judge it on one flip.

Heads Ramirez.

Tails DM.

Tails came up first. Then heads tied it up. On the final flip it ended up being heads again sorry DM! Ramirez gets the win.

Week 3 is now ready to roll! Dez when are you avaialable?

I'm generally good weekdays 6-7pm, and 10pm-12am est. And from 7-10 it's the bluejay game so I could sacrifice for a game of the Show if necessary.

Mrbob

Cool, perhaps we can get a game in around 6PM eastern today? I'll be home around then.

I hope you are ready for the Dumpster in game 1!

Ramirez

Ah, sorry guys. I was on AIM all day yesterday, but I was playing the Halo maps, so I never noticed if DM got on or not. :lol :(

I'm around if you want to play a game LJ. My AIM is CtownSkins3, don't think I have you on my list.

LJ11

Ramirez said:
Ah, sorry guys. I was on AIM all day yesterday, but I was playing the Halo maps, so I never noticed if DM got on or not. :lol :(

I'm around if you want to play a game LJ. My AIM is CtownSkins3, don't think I have you on my list.

Sorry for not getting back to you Ramirez.

I'll be free tonight after the Mets game, let me know if that fits into your schedule.

Dez

Hey bob.. don't think I'll be free today. Should be free most of tomorrow after 6pm eastern as well as saturday morning, sunday morning.

Mrbob

Let me know if you can play tonight.

I'll be able to play around 9PM central tonight if you want to get some games.

Tommorrow and Saturday I am gone for most of the day. I'll be some sunday morning though if we have to bang through 3 games then.

Btw Ramirez you are lucky I didn't read that ahead of time or I would have given DM the win instead. ;)

Ramirez

My PC is literally right next to my gaming systems, I even use the same chair, so I would have known if he messaged me, but he didn't, so I don't see how it's my fault entirely. :)

I'm free all tonight LJ, just hit me up on AIM.

Matrix

I can play now!

Can you still play?

Matrix

lol

ok going on

Matrix

WTF JUST HAPPENED FMT?

awful lag the whole game,7th inning comes and I get booted out of the whole game and taken to the main PS3 screen,taken out of the game :\

Top Bottom