• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 09: The Show - Official Thread

____

I played the 2K demo today on 360. Thought it looked pretty good. It PALES in comparison to this. Although I wish The Show would adapt flick it batting and pitching. It really makes the game funner with those controls.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
____ said:
I played the 2K demo today on 360. Thought it looked pretty good. It PALES in comparison to this. Although I wish The Show would adapt flick it batting and pitching. It really makes the game funner with those controls.
Yeah thats probably the one thing I like about 2k more. I loved the new pitching and fielding controls in 2k8. But the show's controls are solid so it doesn't bother me. But yeah, it would be nice if they had that control scheme as well.

edit: and what is up with the "trey 4 life" guy.

____ said:

I hate flick, im just old school though.

____

The thumb stick controls are so fluid with games like NHL 09, skate and MLB 2K series. I think even if you're old school you gotta love em.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Can't wait to get this.
Online Legend trophy will be mine. Back off Matrix!

:lol

That video was hot... I pre ordered from BB last night. Anyone else notice that often if you pre order form BB you get a free PS3 case? The pre order is in an official game case... pretty cool.

Windu

Russel_SCEA - SCEA Community Manager said:
Improved bunt defense logic –

In the past there were a few exploits in the bunting game you could take advantage of. We’ve improved the logic so that now the second baseman will cover first if the first baseman charges. We have also improved the catcher and pitcher pick-ups and who should get called off depending on which fielder has the best opportunity to get the out. All in all, if you lay down a perfect drag bunt and you can run a bit, you have every opportunity to beat it out for a hit. On the defensive side, if you fundamentally play the bunt right, you should get the out, maybe even the lead runner if you anticipate it. Again, another area that will play and feel like MLB
Sounds great. I love little things like this.

Starting today I'll be looking around for this in Toronto. I don't know if it is actually in stores yet but last year a lot of people had luck finding it early.

I need my baseball fix!!

Also, Jays' game today!! Spring Training begins!

cybropm

After playing for a good 6 hrs last night I can finally say I have played the best baseball game to have come out in the past 10years. :D

Game is amazing!!! Words can't describe... will be playing for days and months and years to come. :D

Oh and the replay recorder and making your own movies...making movies like this is possible from any game you play in MLB 09....awesome how it can export the movie right to your hard drive. It outputs the videos with the title being the play and the players name and what they did. The videos are in .mp4 format.

http://www.operationsports.com/ostv.php?id=314&no=1&outof=1

cybropm said:
After playing for a good 6 hrs last night I can finally say I have played the best baseball game to have come out in the past 10years. :D

Game is amazing!!! Words can't describe... will be playing for days and months and years to come. :D

Oh and the replay recorder and making your own movies...making movies like this is possible from any game you play in MLB 09....awesome how it can export the movie right to your hard drive. It outputs the videos with the title being the play and the players name and what they did. The videos are in .mp4 format.

I can't access OS from work. Did you grab the full game?

cybropm

Yes this is in the full game which I was able to get a copy of last night.

No other baseball title compares to this game!

cybropm said:

Sir... I would like to wash your feet. Or perhaps buy you a beer.. either way I am yours!

Windu

cybropm said:
Yes this is in the full game which I was able to get a copy of last night.

No other baseball title compares to this game!
lucky bastard. Where were you able to find it?

cybropm

I feel very lucky. I would even go as far as to say... "today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth." :lol

Everyone will spend hours on the custom chants and music alone for players... this game just keeps making my jaw drop. I wish I could go online but the servers arent up yet.

cybropm said:
I feel very lucky. I would even go as far as to say... "today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth." :lol

Everyone will spend hours on the custom chants and music alone for players... this game just keeps making my jaw drop. I wish I could go online but the servers arent up yet.

Hopefully I can find a copy today... :D

cybropm said:

I admire and hate you. I'm so conflicted! :lol

HoTHiTTeR

I pretty much hate everyone right now! :lol :lol :lol

How are all you guys finding copies of Killzone2 and MLB09. I got laughed out, and blatantly lied to last night when I made my rounds of calling.

HoTHiTTeR said:
I pretty much hate everyone right now! :lol :lol :lol

How are all you guys finding copies of Killzone2 and MLB09. I got laughed out, and blatantly lied to last night when I made my rounds of calling.

Have you been trying smaller "mom & pop" stores? There is a greater chance they will be selling them than a Gamestop or Wal-Mart.

Returners

cybropm said:

For the movie exporting, can you export them to youtube?

Torgo

Just an FYI, we recorded an interview with 5 of the guys from the development team for MLB 09 The Show. I should have the episode up Thursday morning, as I have most of the content edited already.

Also, it sound like I'll have my review copy on Friday, so my buddy is heading-up for the weekend so that we can dig into the RTTS mode heavily. I'll post impressions etc throughout the weekend.

shpankey

not an idiot
____ said:
The thumb stick controls are so fluid with games like NHL 09, skate and MLB 2K series. I think even if you're old school you gotta love em.
I was so hesitant to change for so long... I hated the right analog stick in games like Tiger and NHL... it's only this year that I finally caved in and adapted... so glad I did! NHL 09 with the right analog stick is f'n GODLY. Can't believe I waited so loooong to transition. I cannot ever go back. Even if you're old school like me, if you haven't yet, you should really give it an honest try. In hockey it makes the most sense to me, but I will probably try it in other sports now too... as hard as it is.. believe me, IT IS HARD to start anew. My instinct is to play these games how I always have.

Anyhow, to the fellas that have the game early now, can you confirm the batting is now 60fps, unlike the 30 in the demo? Also, would you say this has helped you bat better than in the demo? Thanks! :)

cybropm

Returners said:
For the movie exporting, can you export them to youtube?

Yes all videos can be transfered to USB and to a computer to put up on youtube. I will not due to the fact I got my copy through a close source to Sony and would promised not to post screens or video before street date. The game surpasses the demo and any other baseball game out there in every way shape and form.:D

Windu

I stopped by a few stores on the way home. No luck. I guess I will wait until the 3rd.

Windu

2lcb70p.jpg

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...-left-fielders-mlb09-show.html#post2039218646

16lid85.jpg

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...enter-fielders-mlb09-show.html#post2039227267

alterno69

Banned
I just hope this years game is not as buggy as last years, i had a belkin router so i was unable to play it online :1 , still not sure if i'll get it but the hype is getting to me :(

Windu

oh and yeah if anyone is dumb enough to have a IGN insider's account. It would be awesome if you download that video in HD and put it up somewhere. I'll give you a cookie. Maybe even two.

Top Bottom