• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 11 The Show |OT| Fear the Beard™

graywolf323 said:
today is March 9th... so if it's good on March 10th as well this isn't the last day
... Today's the 9th?

funny-sports-pictures-oh-well-still-best-on-team.jpg

graywolf323

belvedere said:
Whoa, whoa whoa...

Veronica Belmont doesn't do Qore anymore?!

yes she does, she's still the main host but she can't exactly go everywhere since a lot of the time they do the interviews at the devs studios so they have Audrey Cleo for the "B" Team

eznark

Banned
Mlb_Animator said:
This is not something that our game is "forgetting." We ask the PS3 which modes are available, and if we are told 3D is available, we will ask if you want to use it.

Is it possible that you have had this PS3 hooked up to a 3D TV in the past? Try running thru your display settings from the XMB. Choose the modes that are avail on your TV, and then load the game.

Hope that helps.

Chris
MLB Lead Animator and First Time NeoGAF Poster
Thanks, that worked.

Mrbob

Sanjuro I'm going to trust you with Modells!

Mr MLB The Show man as a Cubs fan I demand dugout fights in MLB12! Need dat realism!

Just ordered this from Modells. No way I could pass up that deal. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
Oh by the way, Cubs going all the way!

DCX

DCX
:( I jumped...as much as i was dead set on not jumping, Bob with the AIM sniper shot in the spine...

DCX

If it's one thing I wonder at in The Show is how much they tweaked the "Default Slider Setting". For anyone who played 09 then 10, if was obvious Fielder Run Speed/Reaction went throw changes. Wonder what they are this year.

Also I hope the stances for some of the vets are on this year, some of the batting stances guys had they hadn't had in 2-3 years.

Macattk15

Man. I try to play through a season ... but my stats are always sooooo unrealistic. I don't think I have ever taken a walk in the game.

Its like my team is full of Jose Lopez types.

My game also stutters like fucking crazy at the intro San Diego studios screen. Anyone elses?

nocode

Were there always batter specific taunts and chants from the crowd in this series? Also, did the fans in the stands always cheer only for the team they are wearing shirts/hats for? This is my first year with this series, and awesome little touches like that (those and realistic ball physics once it gets in the stands) that add a lot to the game. In mlb2k the little details were completely absent, and took you out of the game. The Show also plays A LOT better, but that I already knew.

SephriJ

turnbuckle said:
Let the free market decide whether advanced stats are worth a buck or not!

I noticed the save/load thing more this year than last year. I mean, I bullshit my way through RTTS with my first starting pitcher every year. Sliders all in my favor, pitching on rookie, restarting when I have a bad game. So lots of saving a loading, but this time I decided to say to hell with it because I didn't want to see the game hang on "100% complete" for an hour (slight exaggeration)

I went with Kenny Powers the past 2 years, this year I'm bringing up the dickslapper Ashley Schaeffer (of Ashley Schaeffer BMW fame)

Working on the 4-seamer to go along with his wicked splitter.

PlgNJ.jpg

Hahaha, It's a goddamn Greek Tragedy.

Japairish

Neo Member
Thanks big time for posting the info about the Modell's sale! since it was 40% off all merch, I picked up a Giants 2010 World Series Cap and saved a good 40 bucks.

Super excited about the game, just have to wait for it to get to my door stop.

turnbuckle

Played a second game online. Something is off about the hitting and I can't quite put my finger on it. Just played a game where I struck out my opponent 22 times and he also struck me out 22 times. Zone hitting, all star. I usually play hall of fame or legend online in 2010 and never did this well at pitching or this poorly at hitting. :/

Nobility

Banned
Just finished an online game, I was hoping for a quick 30 minute (Tigers @ Jays) game when we were both working on a shut out. Took almost two hours until we got to the bottom of the 13th inning when Arencibia launched a three run bomb to left field.

Took a video after the replay finished. Nothing ruined that perfect moment.

Lag was terrible towards the end.

Meier

Jumped in with that Modell's deal. Hope it ships! I was planning on waiting since I always end up hating the batting in this (too hard ><) and just pitch which gets a little boring but I can't pass up on that price. Guess this was fate's way of telling me I had no choice since I got 09 and 10 their first weeks too.. can't NOT get it apparently.

LJ11 said:
Have a feeling the orders are going to get cancelled, hope I'm wrong.
No way, Modell's would get DESTROYED. They'll still a major sports equipment chain and that wouldn't instill confidence in their online department.

rCIZZLE

turnbuckle said:
Let the free market decide whether advanced stats are worth a buck or not!

I noticed the save/load thing more this year than last year. I mean, I bullshit my way through RTTS with my first starting pitcher every year. Sliders all in my favor, pitching on rookie, restarting when I have a bad game. So lots of saving a loading, but this time I decided to say to hell with it because I didn't want to see the game hang on "100% complete" for an hour (slight exaggeration)

I went with Kenny Powers the past 2 years, this year I'm bringing up the dickslapper Ashley Schaeffer (of Ashley Schaeffer BMW fame)

Working on the 4-seamer to go along with his wicked splitter.

PlgNJ.jpg

Yall named your daughter after fuckin Titanic?

Cruceh

Banned
Didn't even know Modell's sold video games. ANd I convinced my friend to get from newegg for $50 . feels bad man

Cruceh

Banned
Does it matter if I started a RTTS with my real age? Or would it be better to start as an 18 year old? Have more time for development and retirement further away

Cruceh said:
Does it matter if I started a RTTS with my real age? Or would it be better to start as an 18 year old? Have more time for development and retirement further away
I'm 32 so I decided to start at 21. No way would I start at my real age.

eznark

Banned
pharmboy044 said:
lol, Sony trolling us Cubs fans.

Actually they are trolling rational, thinking baseball fans by putting in a trophy that forces you to play a full season as the Cubs.

After three season of not being able to play The Show online via wireless connection, I decided to give it a shot last night. I played a random game over a wireless connection (with analog controls for hitting and pitching)...flawless. There were the usual hiccups but nothing terrible. It was pretty great. In MLB09 I wasn't able to play over a wireless connection with someone 5 blocks away from me (literally). Last night I played with a dude on the east coast (I'm in the midwest) without lag. Of course, being The Show there is always some niggle to take the shine off a bit, the game did freeze up after the last out on the post-game menu screen forcing a restart.

All in all though, excellent. Now I can play online from bed!

Yeah, I think the online issues are the main thing for me.

I love playing these games but I always tend to play it for 2-3 months and then never touch it again.

Torgo

pharmboy044 said:
lol, Sony trolling us Cubs fans.

HA! They take shots at most of the teams with the trophies. We saw most of them back in January, but my fav is still the one for the Yankees this year.

SephriJ

Does anyone know if there is an update soon? I haven't played a game online yet, just RTTS, but it sounds like there have been a bit of problems. I always suck at playing online, but don't do bad on RTTS or local multiplayer. I am going to try an online game sometime soon, once I feel I could put up some sort of fight.

eznark

Banned
Just played two more games online (wireless). Flawless. However the first game locked up again at the end of game screen. Lame.

Has anyone who ordered their game from Modell's, received their email yet about the game being sent? I wouldn't think they would go back on the deal, since it was a promotional coupon.

hie

After just sucking bad at hitting the last couple days...I finally hit my first homers last night. Adam Kennedy & Milton Bradly in the same inning off the A's. Felt amazing. Haha!

newjeruse

hie said:
After just sucking bad at hitting the last couple days...I finally hit my first homers last night. Adam Kennedy & Milton Bradly in the same inning off the A's. Felt amazing. Haha!
You're playing with the Mariners? There's a chance your offensive woes aren't reflective of your overall skills.

SephriJ said:
Does anyone know if there is an update soon? I haven't played a game online yet, just RTTS, but it sounds like there have been a bit of problems. I always suck at playing online, but don't do bad on RTTS or local multiplayer. I am going to try an online game sometime soon, once I feel I could put up some sort of fight.
Usually 1 every Monday. The first month they really do work on updates though...

hie

newjeruse said:
You're playing with the Mariners? There's a chance your offensive woes aren't reflective of your overall skills.

haha...yeah. I'm sadly well aware of this.

eznark

Banned
I think I am bailing on analog hitting. I dropped analog pitching and fielding immediately but I gave batting an honest try. Not a fan. Early on literally everything.

Top Bottom