• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 11 The Show |OT| Fear the Beard™

Yeah, good on Modells, some other companies could learn a thing or to. You fuck up on something, just bite the bullet and take the loss.

Baptizer

Neo Member
I asked this question in another thread, but no one seemed to know the answer.

I'm hoping someone could answer this question: I'm a die-hard Pirates fan and say, for instance, that I start a season and my team and players are off to a good start. When I simulate games, will the simulations be based on their current performance for the year (i.e. I'm over-achieving) or will it simply base it on the fact that the Pirates are suppose to be a horrible team?

Did anybody who received an email from Modells contact them prior to that, or did the email show up unexpected? I never contacted them after my order got cancelled, so I'm curious if they're only sending these out to people who complained.

Baptizer said:
I asked this question in another thread, but no one seemed to know the answer.

I'm hoping someone could answer this question: I'm a die-hard Pirates fan and say, for instance, that I start a season and my team and players are off to a good start. When I simulate games, will the simulations be based on their current performance for the year (i.e. I'm over-achieving) or will it simply base it on the fact that the Pirates are suppose to be a horrible team?

This will not provide you with an answer, but a thought...

It would be logical to factor in how the player is currently playing and how they've played historically. Over the course of a season a player generally plays down (or up) to how they've played historically. In that regard, it would make sense when simulating a player's performance to have a higher weight based on what you eventually expect of them, while still providing some weight to their current performance. You could even weight the past week or so (the hot/cold streak factor), the current season, and the expected result based on their career.

PhlivoSong said:
Did anybody who received an email from Modells contact them prior to that, or did the email show up unexpected? I never contacted them after my order got cancelled, so I'm curious if they're only sending these out to people who complained.

I didn't complain at all. It looks like they're sending it out to everyone who had their order canceled.

demolitio

It's being sent out to everyone except those who paid with PayPal apparently. For some reason they can't send it to them, but you can call their customer service and they'll fix the order for you. This is according to a few on CAG.

narca

Banned
demolitio said:
It's being sent out to everyone except those who paid with PayPal apparently. For some reason they can't send it to them, but you can call their customer service and they'll fix the order for you. This is according to a few on CAG.

Ahh. There's my answer. Thanks.

Used Paypal for my previous transaction. Just called Modell's customer service to clear up the issue. Will be receiving the game at a 40% discounted price in about a week :)

See? Should've wrote a strongly-worded letter!

Though I did tell them I was a Mets fan so they probably felt pity for me. BTW Corran I told them you were a hippie beret-wearing Giants fan so they said you had enough good fortune. Sorry.

Corran Horn said:
World Series Champion Hippie Beret-Wearers.
285.wilson.rainn.101306.jpg

God help you if Cody Ross goes down with an injury...

Also Cody Ross better not be superpowered in this game, I hated that dude when he was a Marlin. Massive Metkiller.

demolitio

I can't wait to see the Indians without Grady Sizemore again...And if he does play, his stats will probably be gimped after that bad of a surgery that's proven to not work so well. Choo is my only guy left that I like but I'm sure they'll get rid of him this season just like the rest. They either will need the money or will trade him for a shitty pitcher that never turns out.

I mean, how many starting players did they trade last year? They got rid of EVERYONE that made them one of the best offensive teams 2 or 3 years ago...

chualie

Is the game actually worth buying if I have '10? Hows the Home Run Derby with the Move? Don't want to feel disappointed after buying it and having it not worth the $60 I spent on it haha

narca

Banned
pharmboy044 said:
Used Paypal for my previous transaction. Just called Modell's customer service to clear up the issue. Will be receiving the game at a 40% discounted price in about a week :)

Just did the same. Quick and easy. Customer Service woman was nice.

Good on Modells for fixing this.

Baptizer

Neo Member
PhlivoSong said:
This will not provide you with an answer, but a thought...

It would be logical to factor in how the player is currently playing and how they've played historically. Over the course of a season a player generally plays down (or up) to how they've played historically. In that regard, it would make sense when simulating a player's performance to have a higher weight based on what you eventually expect of them, while still providing some weight to their current performance. You could even weight the past week or so (the hot/cold streak factor), the current season, and the expected result based on their career.

Sigh. So the Pirates have no chance if I simulate...(if that is how it would work)...hehe.

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
Don't mean to intrude upon The Show thread, but does MLB 2k11 have an official thread?

I can't seem to find one with the search button...??? Maybe it is god awful again, so nobody bothered...

IGotBillySoSpooked said:
Don't mean to intrude upon The Show thread, but does MLB 2k11 have an official thread?

I can't seem to find one with the search button...??? Maybe it is god awful again, so nobody bothered...

I've heard it's slightly improved from last year's mess so I suppose it's only demi-godawful now... I haven't seen an OT either so your suspicions are prob correct

Cruceh

Banned
Is there any way to request trade like in NBA 2k11? I was traded from Mets to Twins last season but I'm finally in the majors, and i want to go back :\

Cruceh said:
Is there any way to request trade like in NBA 2k11? I was traded from Mets to Twins last season but I'm finally in the majors, and i want to go back :\

There was in MLB 10. I'm not sure about 11 because I haven't played enough RTTS, but in 10 it was listed under the "interactions" menu.

Cruceh

Banned
Got the Shakes said:
There was in MLB 10. I'm not sure about 11 because I haven't played enough RTTS, but in 10 it was listed under the "interactions" menu.
Oh, there's no option there. I guess it will pop up occasionally. Or probably because I'm still a rookie

Cruceh said:
Oh, there's no option there. I guess it will pop up occasionally. Or probably because I'm still a rookie

There is a menu in the game that explains all the roster rules like when you can qualify for free agency or arbitration. If I remember correctly the option to request a trade is only available once you've been with a team for a certain amount of time but I can't remember how long it is.

Jin34

So how does the mlb.tv code work? Does it start counting down the 30 days right when you activate it or does it start counting down when the season starts?

Had to turn off analog control for fielding. Kept fucking up.

Jin34 said:
So how does the mlb.tv code work? Does it start counting down the 30 days right when you activate it or does it start counting down when the season starts?
I'm not sure, just to be safe- I'm waiting until the season starts. I don't believe they air spring training on MLB.TV.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
From what Im reading, if you put in code before start of season you get till April 30th. Someone made it seem like you get Spring training games too, but dunno. Anytime after end of March you get just 30 days from start point.

Sanjuro

My order should be coming in Wednesday. For those of you with canceled Modells orders, just call 8668359129 and re-order.

graywolf323

Jin34 said:

they announced that if you activated it anytime before March 31st it's good until April 30th

and you have until April 30th to activate it

Cruceh said:
So a grounder to the 2B and it hits his glove but he doesnt get it is a hit now? :| Why isn't that an E?
Depends on the runner/situation. Sometimes the play is so hard even if he makes it clean it's a hit anyway.

anddo0

where is my "Have a CoW Man!" trophy? booooo!

Man Ryan Howard sucks!!!! Putting him against "The Freak" in challenge of the week is just unfair. :(

Square Triangle said:
Had to turn off analog control for fielding. Kept fucking up.

I'm not sure, just to be safe- I'm waiting until the season starts. I don't believe they air spring training on MLB.TV.
Isn't Spring Training free on MLB.TV?

KaYotiX

Banned
newjeruse said:
Shit. Addicted to Challenges of the Week. Just paid $5 for 26 tries. Ugh.

You have to pay for the challenges?? Damn that sucks.....

Lovin the game BTW, analog hitting and pitching makes a huge difference in fun for me.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
TTP said:
Any impressions about Home Run Derby with PlayStation Move? (And possibly 3D as well?)

My Friend and I had alot of fun with it the other day. We had a tourney of 3 batters each and it came down to the finals with David Ortiz and Jose Batista. There is a bat that appears and moves in what looks like a 1:1 ratio with the controller. It felt like it was mostly timing based with a general area type swing. I struck out on most pitches mostly because of timing but some times it looked like I swung under the ball. Only played one game though. Tons of Fun!

TTP said:
Any impressions about Home Run Derby with PlayStation Move? (And possibly 3D as well?)

3D effect On default it isn't worth the price of admission. But once you change the effect to about 85 or 90 boy does it pop. I sit about 6 feet away from my TV and wow batting in Catcher 7 cam is great, you really do get the judge the depth. Reading pitches does increase in 3D. It does take a graphics hit in this mode(not on the field) but in the crowd, it can be a hit and miss of a muddle mess. The players on the field still look impressive. The Beauty of 3D is playing RTTS You are really are on the field and can judge everything on another level. You are really in the show. Just looking up at jumbo trons is awe inspiring. I wasn't expecting anything out of this mode because the 3D in the demo wasn't that good.

gluv65 said:
3D effect On default it isn't worth the price of admission. But once you change the effect to about 85 or 90 boy does it pop. I sit about 6 feet away from my TV and wow batting in Catcher 7 cam is great, you really do get the judge the depth. Reading pitches does increase in 3D. It does take a graphics hit in this mode(not on the field) but in the crowd, it can be a hit and miss of a muddle mess. The players on the field still look impressive. The Beauty of 3D is playing RTTS You are really are on the field and can judge everything on another level. You are really in the show. Just looking up at jumbo trons is awe inspiring. I wasn't expecting anything out of this mode because the 3D in the demo wasn't that good.

Now I want a 3DTV.

My wallet hates you.

Top Bottom