• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 11 The Show |OT| Fear the Beard™

eznark said:
I think I am bailing on analog hitting. I dropped analog pitching and fielding immediately but I gave batting an honest try. Not a fan. Early on literally everything.

I've gotten pretty good with hitting thanks to Road to the Show. I can't do fielding to save my life. Had 10 errors in one game due to analog fielding.

Meohsix

My modells order for the show was just canceled =(

Thank you for your most recent order with us. We are contacting you
today to let you know that item Major League Baseball 2011 Video Game
will be cancelled from your order due to an inventory issue. We are
unable to fulfill your request.

did anyone's actually go through?

Mrbob

I'll check when I get home but I didn't expect the orders to go through. I checked my order status last night and it said the game was "In Stock" so it couldn't be an inventory issue in my case. ;)

eznark

Banned
Mrbob said:
I'll check when I get home but I didn't expect the orders to go through. I checked my order status last night and it said the game was "In Stock" so it couldn't be an inventory issue in my case. ;)

Just buy the game so I can whip your ass dbag. And get an avatar. Jesus, you're a train wreck these days.

demolitio

Ugh, I ordered from there relatively early too. There goes my chance at playing this game unless another crazy deal pops up.

demolitio

narca said:
Ugh. I knew that deal was too good to be true.

Has anyone not had their order canceled?
Yea, some people got shipping notifications yesterday afternoon which was the first sign that told me mine was getting canceled. Some did go through but once the deal hit places like slick deals, it was over. The usual is going on at CAG with people hating on those who bought multiple copies.

Mrbob

eznark said:
Just buy the game so I can whip your ass dbag. And get an avatar. Jesus, you're a train wreck these days.

Hahaha, I need to bust out a Quade avatar but I'm almost scared too! Maybe I can find one of Greinke playing basketball!

I thought enzark wasn't getting the game for fear of me whipping that candyass. Looks like Greinke signing gave him some fools' courage.

Cheech said:
Want a baseball game, but this is a hard sell when it's 2x the cost of MLB 2k11 on PC.

Is it 2x the quality?
... are you asking if MLB 11: The Show is only twice as good as MLB 2K11??

mlb2k9bailout.gif

Cheech

The Frankman said:
... are you asking if MLB 11: The Show is only twice as good as MLB 2K11??

mlb2k9bailout.gif

Whoa, I didn't know that MLB2k11 shipped with "MAGIC TRIX" DLC!!! SOLD!!

;D

Man, I can't wait for baseball this year. Especially if the NFL closes up shop.

Cheech said:
Want a baseball game, but this is a hard sell when it's 2x the cost of MLB 2k11 on PC.

Is it 2x the quality?
I like 2k Sports but their MLB games are terrible.
Although 2k11 is better than 2k10, its still shit.

I've always wondered how it's legal for online retailers to 'cancel' orders.

What's the legality behind that? Don't they have to sell it at the price that THEY advertised?

Baptizer

Neo Member
The Frankman said:
No way, Modell's would get DESTROYED. They'll still a major sports equipment chain and that wouldn't instill confidence in their online department.

destruction imminent.

Mrbob

CartridgeBlower said:

What's the legality behind that? Don't they have to sell it at the price that THEY advertised?

Heh, you could probably push the issue if you want because the game is in stock. I'm not going to though and just pick it up elsewhere.

Error1355

CartridgeBlower said:

I think they can cancel an order all willy nilly. Just as long as they don't charge you more than what you agreed to pay...

Cruceh

Banned
how do i sprint when i have to cover first as a pitcher? I can never get to the base on time and it's annoying

Also the amount of errors in this game is ridiculous. My entire team botches at least 3 plays for all my games. They overrun the ball and it goes past them in the OF. So the batter gets a triple and it's on me because it's not an E in the game

Great game!

Graphics are top notch WOW!!! the lighting.

AI is impeccable very smart in the 15 or so games I've played. The situational baseball is alive and well.

I'm a pure analog junkie, fielding a pitching are great and you can really tell the difference in pitchers and fielders.

I spent damn near 3 hours training in practice mode for analog hitting and I've gotten really good with my timing and resisting at swing at everything.

3D effect On default it isn't worth the price of admission. But once you change the effect to about 85 or 90 boy does it pop. I sit about 6 feet away from my TV and wow batting in Catcher 7 cam is great, you really do get the judge the depth. Reading pitches does increase in 3D. It does take a graphics hit in this mode(not on the field) but in the crowd, it can be a hit and miss of a muddle mess. The players on the field still look impressive. The Beauty of 3D is playing RTTS You are really are on the field and can judge everything on another level. You are really in the show. Just looking up at jumbo trons is awe inspiring. I wasn't expecting anything out of this mode because the 3D in the demo wasn't that good.

Yes it's the Show and it's getting long in the tooth, but the quality for this sports game as far as competency in its game play rivals NBA 2K 11.

Baptizer said:
destruction imminent.
You should see the angry comments on their site! I'm typing a strongly-worded letter as we speak!
Cruceh said:
how do i sprint when i have to cover first as a pitcher? I can never get to the base on time and it's annoying

Also the amount of errors in this game is ridiculous. My entire team botches at least 3 plays for all my games. They overrun the ball and it goes past them in the OF. So the batter gets a triple and it's on me because it's not an E in the game
Tweak the sliders. Keep in mind, errors are not controlled by the game this year. They happen due to the player incorrectly using the accuracy meter.

Tom Penny

eznark said:
IGN gave it an 8. Which means they didn't bother to play it.

Not for nothing but isn't the game basically consensus the best looking console baseball game in existence and it got an 8 for graphics? Did they compare it to shooters or something?

eznark

Banned
Tom Penny said:
Not for nothing but isn't the game basically consensus the best looking console baseball game in existence and it got an 8 for graphics? Did they compare it to shooters or something?

I have no idea. The only sports game reviews I give any credence to are Abner's.

Cruceh

Banned
My gripes about being a RTTS pitcher:
-fielders can't field. they either kick the ball away, misplay it, or do some retarded jump/dive that costs 1 or 2 bases. plus, it doesn't count as an error so it goes against me.
-can't the outfield players play it safe sometimes? instead of diving and jumping for every play. yet when the ball is going to hit the wall, they wait for the bounce instead of going after it. they just wait for it to bounce.
-whenever there's a runner on 1st and 2nd, and the batter hits a grounder to the 3B, when the runner is passing by, the 3B won't just go up to tag him. Instead, he waits for me to get to the bag to throw it to me. can't he just tag the runner and throw it to first for a DP? gosh happened to me twice today already.

Cruceh said:
My gripes about being a RTTS pitcher:
-fielders can't field. they either kick the ball away, misplay it, or do some retarded jump/dive that costs 1 or 2 bases. plus, it doesn't count as an error so it goes against me.
-can't the outfield players play it safe sometimes? instead of diving and jumping for every play. yet when the ball is going to hit the wall, they wait for the bounce instead of going after it. they just wait for it to bounce.
-whenever there's a runner on 1st and 2nd, and the batter hits a grounder to the 3B, when the runner is passing by, the 3B won't just go up to tag him. Instead, he waits for me to get to the bag to throw it to me. can't he just tag the runner and throw it to first for a DP? gosh happened to me twice today already.
... so you picked either the Marlins, Brewers, or Royals. I see.

Baptizer

Neo Member
Well I'll be damned...Modell's is actually honoring the MLB Show deal they offered. Anyone who ordered should receive an email with a unique 40% code to re-purchase the game.

I kinda agree with IGN's 8 for graphics. Player models and animations are fantastic. So is the presentation but the stadiums and crowd look about the same as previous years.

And they still haven't gotten Camden Yards right. Upon starting a game the stadium was completely filled. In case the developers haven't been paying attention, no one gives a shit about Baltimore. We're lucky to get 15,000 fans to show up on any given night.

graywolf323

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
And they still haven't gotten Camden Yards right. Upon starting a game the stadium was completely filled. In case the developers haven't been paying attention, no one gives a shit about Baltimore. We're lucky to get 15,000 fans to show up on any given night.

hey it fills up when the Red Sox or Yankees are in town :p and on opening day

graywolf323 said:
hey it fills up when the Red Sox or Yankees are in town :p and on opening day

It's actually a little known fact that Camden is unofficially the second home of the Red Sox and Yankees. Or as I like to call it Fenway South or The Bronx South depending on the night.

I picked this up on a whim the other day, still haven't opened it up. I skipped last year's game, I hope this year's a good one. Sounds as if they added a shit load of things.

My only issue is sports games just never hold my attention very long. They're initially a lot of fun, but I inevitably just stop playing them. But then again, I also picked up Killzone 3, played an hour, and haven't picked it up since. Same with LPB2. (Ok, now I'm just rambling about random shit. Erase erase.)

Baptizer said:
Well I'll be damned...Modell's is actually honoring the MLB Show deal they offered. Anyone who ordered should receive an email with a unique 40% code to re-purchase the game.
Who's wrong now, Baptizer? WHO'S WRONG NOW?????

trololo.gif

There is no ps3 console + The Show 11 bundle coming out anytime soon is there? I'm hinking about buying the Killzone bundle and trading Killzone 3 in for The Show 11 if there is not.

Cruceh

Banned
The Frankman said:
... so you picked either the Marlins, Brewers, or Royals. I see.
No, I chose the Mets but they traded me to the Twins because apparently the Mets have good depth at SP. :lol

Not to mention Phillies ended up with Lincecum, Lee, Halladay, Bumgarner. And David Wright retired due to an injury. What.

Baptizer said:
What? Hell YEAH!

Top Bottom