• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 11 The Show |OT| Fear the Beard™

eznark

Banned
I really don't think there is rubber band AI. If I remember correctly. players do adjust throughout the game to how you pitch them and to the caliber of pitcher they are facing. So later in games you have three things happening; 1. a tired pitcher 2. players who are three times through and 3. significantly worse bullpen pitchers. If you don't adjust to it, obviously you're going to struggle in late innings. At least I hope those factors come into play. Based on the trade AI...I'm no longer so sure.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pitched complete game shutout in AA and got over 700 training points.

Holy shit its more generous with points this time around lol

If the Analog Hitting came around last year I don't think people would hate on it as much as I'm seeing. This year's game it's radically harder to hit UNLESS you adjust your Approach/Timing/Plate Discipline.

1) Know your batter's PCI and when to use Contact/Normal/Power.
2) Use TheCzar's MLB: The Show Practice Method I've posted here for the last 2 years. It's old as Hell but I still use this and it will help you, new player or grizzled vet.
3) Get a dedicated bullpen pitcher in Practice Mode and take 200+ swings a week. Yes, 200+. If you can't be bothered to take that many practice swings in a week to improve at the plate you'll never improve as a hitter, simple as that.
4) Most players pitch to a pattern, learn it and force them out of it. If you as a hitter keep swinging at the 2-strike curve out of the zone, guess what's coming in the future on 2-strike counts? Likewise if I'm a pitcher and notice the batter is constantly sitting their PCI low, I'm going to start throw fastballs up and change the eye level accordingly.

Hey guys, I asked earlier but has anyone got a spare MLB.tv code that I could possibly have, please.
I'm in Australia and we didn't get this game (had to import), let alone a pre-order code for the trial.
I wanted to see what it's like to see whether I should purchase the full thing.
Would be great if someone could be so kind as to help me out.
Thanks.

Corran Horn

Hmm aaron rowand got demoted to aaa on my rtts. And holy shit like 2 months in my career I got promoted to aaa.

Corran Horn said:
Hmm aaron rowand got demoted to aaa on my rtts. And holy shit like 2 months in my career I got promoted to aaa.
Didn't you yourself say Rowand sucked last year? It was one of Giants-GAF.
DoctorWho said:
Thanks. Can't wait to get home tonight and start my Jays Franchise.
I just checked, any guy who was on the bubble may not be on the 40-man/complete. For instance, check the Mets' Jason Isringhausen, funniest shit I ever saw. Not only is his pitchset wrong, he has Derek Jeter's face! LOL.

Corran Horn

The Frankman said:
Didn't you yourself say Rowand sucked last year? It was one of Giants-GAF.
He sucked every year. But he has a huge contract. I guess they dont care too much about that in this game lol

Marleyman

Banned
I don't understand how I haven't been promoted to AAA yet. I finished up a whole season in AA playing 1B, hit well and no movement. So I started my second year and the Giants trade me to the Pirates. This should give me an opportunity to get to the Show earlier, as the Buccos have no depth at 1B in 2012. I love this game though; best sports title I have played this gen.

Hitting is tough, but practice is necessary and should show improvement. I take any chance I get to do some plate discipline training. It helps me get walks here and there and wait for my pitch instead of swinging freely.

Corran Horn

Square Triangle said:
2 months? Ughh I hate the Double A grind.
:( I was lucky I guess.
After a few relief spots I became the AA starter. After 3 games I was promoted to AAA after completing my goals. Like 2 weeks into AAA Im now the starter due to injury.

Mlb_Animator said:
Hope you don't mind me asking...but are you playing without any patches? I was pretty sure these deflection issues were addressed in the day 1 patch.

Thanks....

I was definitely playing with the latest patch installed and was connected to PSN at the time.

Bog

Junior Ace
Corran Horn said:
And holy shit like 2 months in my career I got promoted to aaa.

Yeah, I got promoted after about a month thanks to the AAA third baseman getting traded. And even though I'm batting .050 after 100 ABs, I'm still the starter...

nocode said:
You ah, you REALLY like the PS3 huh? Ten minutes of rants on why it's better than the 360 and Wii. Really?

Wow, what video did you watch? I certainly said nothing like that. The Show is the only game I own on the PS3. I use my 360 for everything else. Good try, though.

I seriously have no idea where you got any of that from. Watch the video again.

Also, last time I checked, "10 minutes" is not 6:02.

InertiaXr

I'm not sure where to ask this, but I guess here is as good as anywhere.

If I already have 09, is there any reason for me to get 11 if all I want to do is RTTS? With the season starting up again I'm having an inkling to play again but doesn't necessarily want to spend $60 on the newest version.

nocode

AnEternalEnigma said:
Wow, what video did you watch? I certainly said nothing like that. The Show is the only game I own on the PS3. I use my 360 for everything else. Good try, though.

I seriously have no idea where you got any of that from. Watch the video again.

Also, last time I checked, "10 minutes" is not 6:02.

It's because I'm stupid, and didn't notice that those two videos (the other ones on your youtube channel, the meatwad ones) were in response to something else. I posted while running around before leaving to watch the game tonight. Never mind and carry on.

Haha. It's no problem. Those videos were just a product of me being sick and wanting to do those Chad Warden PS3 troll videos in Meatwad's voice.

However, Chad Warden quickly closed his account, so now I get people who make the same mistake thinking those are original videos. *shrug*

Bread

Banned
So I turned off auto save in my RTTS because it takes forever to get in and out of games as a closer, and 3 appearances later it freezes in my training mini game...

edit: and now it locks up at the press start screen. what the fuck?

Have a problem here, so I downloaded the updated Sony roster (4/4/2011) which is perfect, started season with Mets, spring training has the updated roster but once I skip spring training and go start my season a different roster pops up, Johan Santana/ Jason Bay are back, lineup changes, players are left off roster, I have everything to manual.

Basically i want to start my season with the updated roster but cant, not sure how to fix this.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Question for your peeps. When starting the game up, does the first screen for the San Diego Dev Team logo have all these weird sound stuttering issues?

Can you use your RTTS player anywhere outside of RTTS mode? I want to practice hitting with him in the practice mode, but the only chance I get to become used to his stride is in RTTS training mode...?

FINALBOSS said:
Question for your peeps. When starting the game up, does the first screen for the San Diego Dev Team logo have all these weird sound stuttering issues?

Yes! Like the sound is going through a fan?

Error1355 said:
I don't think so. I haven't seen any type of place to export the character for other modes. Could be wrong though.
Yeah, it's strange. I can't seem to see anything either, I just assumed I was missing something.
I think you can use the 'create player' option to add a player to the rosters, but RTTS mode seems to be a bit different.

No matter, someone else might know.

Marleyman

Banned
Marleyman said:
I don't understand how I haven't been promoted to AAA yet. I finished up a whole season in AA playing 1B, hit well and no movement. So I started my second year and the Giants trade me to the Pirates. This should give me an opportunity to get to the Show earlier, as the Buccos have no depth at 1B in 2012. I love this game though; best sports title I have played this gen.

Still in AA even though the Pirates have Jorge Fucking Cantu playing 1st base in the majors. I am hitting .423 and I am ranked the #1 1B in AA. Cmon - promote me already!

I'm a bit confused on the Challenge of the Week mode. For someone to top the leaderboards they could basically just buy their way up with the chances?

Bog

Junior Ace
I negotiated my way into a 2 year deal with the Red Sox after my first year of AAA, then they immediately traded me to The Mets. You win this round, Epstein.

Corran Horn

Bog said:
I negotiated my way into a 2 year deal with the Red Sox after my first year of AAA, then they immediately traded me to The Mets. You win this round, Epstein.
All according to plan.

Square Triangle said:
I'm a bit confused on the Challenge of the Week mode. For someone to top the leaderboards they could basically just buy their way up with the chances?
Yes, but the "hook" of buying your way up is counterbalanced by your skill and the cost of the prize. Considering the prizes, not much of a hook. I think the same person can only win it once a month or something, I'll have to check to make sure.

Corran Horn

For the love of god. What does it take to get an avatar approved online. I tried like 4 different things and all are "disapproved of by the moderator. Please provide a more acceptable image."

Corran Horn said:
For the love of god. What does it take to get an avatar approved online. I tried like 4 different things and all are "disapproved of by the moderator. Please provide a more acceptable image."
Tell me about it. I had a pic of Lou Gehrig canned, and a pic of my baseball club's logo canned - I just don't get it. I would like an answer too.

Sorry to derail a bit, but can I start my rtts again using the same created player?

Corran Horn

After 20 attempts I finally got an avatar online.

NPH on horse from Harold/Kumar movies with Zitos head instead lol.

Im sad my other ones were denied. Ill keep on trying with better ones I guess.

Top Bottom