• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

BFIB

ibkWZ9ZY3rrGY1.gif

What a perfect way to start the day.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Most likely starting CF?
It's sounding like it's very likely. Mastroianni is hurt, and Benson has only been okay. The only way I can see him not breaking camp with the big club is if they want to stash him in AAA to attempt to keep him from Super 2.

I'm not sure what they'll do with Adams.

They could move Craig to RF next year after Beltran is gone, and have Tavaras start in CF, and have Adams at 1B.
Possibly, but Mozeliak seemed very unsure that Taveras would be able to stick in CF long-term so it might not be wise to move Jay to make room for Oscar in CF.

Hopefully, Adams can stay healthy and showcase his bat for a potential trade. He's probably far better suited for DHing anyhow.

BFIB

Possibly, but Mozeliak seemed very unsure that Taveras would be able to stick in CF long-term so it might not be wise to move Jay to make room for Oscar in CF.

Hopefully, Adams can stay healthy and showcase his bat for a potential trade. He's probably far better suited for DHing anyhow.

That's my guess. I really like Adams, and I do think unlike Brett Wallace, he's going to be an impact MLB player. He has good range for a 1B, but that's really all he can play. He's blocked for sure now.

Sanjuro

Skip Bayless trying to come up with counter-arguments about Mariano Rivera. How much did Rivera benefit from the vaunted Yankees defense?

Valid argument. This is why Skip is the best in the business.

My theory was the pinstripes. The batters must have been looking at them the entire time at the plate, allowing him to close out games efficiently. Take away the pinstripes? Mo is probably about as good as Brad Lidge.

Parch

That's my guess. I really like Adams, and I do think unlike Brett Wallace, he's going to be an impact MLB player. He has good range for a 1B, but that's really all he can play. He's blocked for sure now.
So it's Wallace at 1B for sure? Carter in the OF, and I assume Pena will DH?

I kinda pity Houston. I hope it isn't a complete slaughter in the AL.

calder

Please don't get blown out, Canada.

It's outrageous that I have to be legitimately afraid of Italy.

Anyone find someone streaming the game online? Snet is obviously too ghetto and lame to give it the proper TSN treatment, and I can't find anything on justin.tv or any of easy sites.

Oh and a pic to make me sadder:
team_canada640.jpg

Look at Lawrie all (way too) intense there. Going to miss that crazy bastard during these games. :(

Macattk15

There is no Mariner I hate more than I hate Hector Noesi.

I didn't even hate Chone Figgins or Carlos Silva as much as I hate this lazy looking unathletic piece of shit.

calder

Uhm maybe a live stream isn't necessary. I'll just uh check the live boxscore.

Right now Mexico is nodding and saying "yeah."

There is no Mariner I hate more than I hate Hector Noesi.

I didn't even hate Chone Figgins or Carlos Silva as much as I hate this lazy looking unathletic piece of shit.

What about that clone of Adrian Beltre that played there for five years? Still trying to figure out where the real one went during that time. Maybe Korea?

Top Bottom