• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

JABEE

Eric Hosmer created aids

Shouldn't have passed over Howard. Your loss America. You choose cheaters like Braun over American heroes. Howard gives his all to the game. He ruptured his achilles and crawled down the first base line in an attempt to keep the Phillies playoff hopes alive. Howard is the hero Team USA needs right now!

rekameohs

Banned
MWhrAAH.png

lol.

I love how we always send out 30th best pitcher and below to the WBC.

Think about each position and ask yourself: Is the best we could send? Braun is about it, and without his juice, he's lookin' reeeaaaal loose.

eznark

Banned
Holy shit that was hilarious. Mexicans all piled into a little picnic/atrium area and formed a parade with a full horn section! They marched down the streets of Phoenix in the rain. Amazing.

People give a shit about the WBC. Who knew?!

Great day for Selig.

bluemax

Banned
lol.

I love how we always send out 30th best pitcher and below to the WBC.

Think about each position and ask yourself: Is the best we could send? Braun is about it, and without his juice, he's lookin' reeeaaaal loose.

Hmm.

Well by position we have:

Catchers
Joe Mauer 4th in WAR
Lucroy 8th in WAR
JP Arencibia 27th in WAR

First Base
Eric Hosmer 89th in WAR

Second Base
Brandon Phillips 5th in WAR

Third Base
David Wright 1st in WAR

Short Stop
Jimmy Rollins 3rd in WAR

Out Field
Ryan Braun 2nd in WAR
Adam Jones 16th in WAR
Giancarlo Stanton 9th in WAR
Shane Victorino 33rd in WAR

That's not too bad of a starting lineup. I'll have to look at the pitching later.

If you wanted a more optimal lineup you'd throw in Posey at Catcher, Fielder at First and Trout in Center.

Olney is reporting Bochy called the Mexico team and bitched them out for using Sergio Romo again after throwing 26 pitches the day before.

They did mention on the broadcast that Romo had never pitched the next day after throwing at least 25 pitches before.

Top Bottom