• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

What a farce of a fucking sport.

I just changed channles to see a guy on Puerto Rico do a half assed jog to first base when down by 2 runs. I dont want to see this shit, put curling back on. More heart.

edit: Is it just me or does almost everyone on DR look like Elvis Andrus?
Everyone in this thread is racist.

'cept me of course 'cause I'm black.
What a farce of a fucking sport.

I just changed channles to see a guy on Puerto Rico do a half assed jog to first base when down by 2 runs. I dont want to see this shit, put curling back on. More heart.
*deep breath*

Fuck curling, fuck the mouse you used to click on this thread, fuck poutine, fuck bagged milk, fuck Canada for failing to support the Expos, fuck yo accents, fuck Fargo, fuck Celine Dion, fuck Shania Twain, fuck Alanis Morrisette, fuck Jason Bieber, fuck Diana Krall, and fuck hockey. Baseball is the pastime of America, my President is still black and my hair looks like Iman Shumpert's. And if I catch you badmouthing baseball driveby style in this thread because Canada couldn't hold onto a lead in a tourney where the US isn't even bringing it's best players at, I'm slapping the shit outta you.

Sanjuro

*deep breath*

Fuck curling, fuck the mouse you used to click on this thread, fuck poutine, fuck bagged milk, fuck Canada for failing to support the Expos, fuck yo accents, fuck Fargo, fuck Celine Dion, fuck Shania Twain, fuck Alanis Morrisette, fuck Jason Bieber, fuck Diana Krall, and fuck hockey. Baseball is the pastime of America, my President is still black and my hair looks like Iman Shumpert's. And if I catch you badmouthing baseball driveby style in this thread because Canada couldn't hold onto a lead in a tourney where the US isn't even bringing it's best players at, I'm slapping the shit outta you.

no

Cube

I wonder if Tommy Joseph will make the opening day roster. 6/13 with 2 doubles and a homer.

I know you can't count on ST stats, but he seems to be killing it.

Kratz was rolling with a 42% Groundball rate last year, which does not bode well for him. Not to mention Joseph is much younger with bigger upside, where Kratz is a fill in at best.

Out Jeopardy Daily Double...
"What is Sanjuro's answer when I asked him to help run the 2012 MLB 12: The Show NeoGAF League?"

tumblr_lfvdpvOV4S1qcu1hm.gif

carlos

I feel bad for whoever has Jose Molina on their roster, guy looked like old shit out there today.
Team PR doesn't have enough hitting to be able to take out Yadier Molina and still expect to win.

*deep breath*

I take it losing Amare for the season really hurt you inside or You already in baseball mode..Lets get the season started..

:)

Yo dude, I used to live in the States have no hatred - hell my favorite athlete of alltime is American. Dougie Weight, greatest American hockey player of all time. Just stupid to see an International tourny played so half-assedthe way you like it. I can put my cam on and do half assed shit and youd pay me? Like a hooker? Im a a hooker? Id do it for cash but only half assed.

Zep

Banned
Yo dude, I used to live in the States have no hatred - hell my favorite athlete of alltime is American. Dougie Weight, greatest American hockey player of all time. Just stupid to see an International tourny played so half-assedthe way you like it. I can put my cam on and do half assed shit and youd pay me? Like a hooker? Im a a hooker? Id do it for cash but only half assed.

I don't know why...but I read this in a russian voice and laughed my ass off.

alstein

Its really sad how all these countries actually care about the WBC (as they should) and America just generally doesn't give a fuck.

It's just they show it differently. I think baseball over in Asia has an atmosphere similar to college basketball/football, whereas American baseball is just more laid back as a fan culture.

I really do think it's a cultural difference, not an interest difference. I think MLB players might get weirded out if a midweek Rays game felt like playing at a MAC school 3,000 seat cramped gym.

JABEE

I wonder if Tommy Joseph will make the opening day roster. 6/13 with 2 doubles and a homer.

I know you can't count on ST stats, but he seems to be killing it.

Kratz was rolling with a 42% Groundball rate last year, which does not bode well for him. Not to mention Joseph is much younger with bigger upside, where Kratz is a fill in at best.

I think they keep him in the minors, so they don't start his clock. Chooch will be back within a month. Ruiz is getting older, and they probably want to bring Joseph up when he has a chance to win the starting job.

Cube

I think they keep him in the minors, so they don't start his clock. Chooch will be back within a month. Ruiz is getting older, and they probably want to bring Joseph up when he has a chance to win the starting job.

I completely understand it but I really hate contract politics.

I completely understand it but I really hate contract politics.

I doubt it has much to do with that. Tommy is just a young guy and calling a game is a tough thing to do. Eric also looks fine last year filling in for Carlos and since it is only a month they are better off using him. They want Tommy to get as much experience as he can this year, since Carlos is a FA at the end of the season. Give Tommy most of the playing time this year at AAA and hopefully get him ready for being in the majors next year.

Top Bottom