• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

eznark

Banned
Yo dude, I used to live in the States have no hatred - hell my favorite athlete of alltime is American. Dougie Weight, greatest American hockey player of all time. Just stupid to see an International tourny played so half-assedthe way you like it. I can put my cam on and do half assed shit and youd pay me? Like a hooker? Im a a hooker? Id do it for cash but only half assed.

Sounds like a bitter Canadian sad that his joke team couldn't win with max effort against a give-no-fucks American team.

It's just they show it differently. I think baseball over in Asia has an atmosphere similar to college basketball/football, whereas American baseball is just more laid back as a fan culture.

I really do think it's a cultural difference, not an interest difference. I think MLB players might get weirded out if a midweek Rays game felt like playing at a MAC school 3,000 seat cramped gym.

Nah, it's about being on the world stage. When else does anyone think of Mexico or the Dominican Republic except in venues like this? They get to play on a level playing field with America, so they are pumped. The amazing and awesome display after Mexico won on Friday night was incredible. Hundreds of joyous Mexicans paraded up and down the streets of Phoenix because they had just won a completely irrelevant pool game. That game was their world series, of course the fans are going to be pumped.

For the American team and American fans, it's just an exhibition tournament.

Friggz

Yankees trying to get Chipper Jones to come out of retirement..

I already predict him hitting a walk off in game 7 of the world series against the braves.

Sanjuro

RUe883s.png

eznark

Banned
Why dont they want to pay their own guys? I heard this rumor on the radio the other day and they said it was because his contract is going to be up soon. He seems like he is worth what ever he wants. I hope they trade him.

They don't want McCann blocking Christian Bethancourt and his likely .650 OPS.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Clearly I am the only one who thinks the Yankees are going to have a poor season this year.

No they are going to have a -terrible- year. They are going to have the biggest dropoff for homeruns in the history of baseball. Their opening day lineup is going to be absolutely brutal.

Friggz

Clearly I am the only one who thinks the Yankees are going to have a poor season this year.

They have the best pitching staff in the division with a better defense and better base running.

Yes they will lose some offense, but they are also going to prevent more runs via defense and pitching.

They have the best pitching staff in the division with a better defense and better base running.

Yes they will lose some offense, but they are also going to prevent more runs via defense and pitching.

You cant be serious. Rays had the best ERA in the majors last year. They did lose Sheilds but I still think their staff will be better then the Yankees, the Blu Jays staff is insane. They are going to be the best in all of baseball this year.

You cant be serious. Rays had the best ERA in the majors last year. They did lose Sheilds but I still think their staff will be better then the Yankees, the Blu Jays staff is insane. They are going to be the best in all of baseball this year.

Agreed for the most part. I don't think the Yankees are going to be able to outpitch the incoming offensive drop-off.

I'm eating lunch at work, and for some mysterious reason I was compelled to run to a computer, and log on to baseball-GAF. I had no idea why, but now I know why...

Someone actually posted and legitimately believes Yankees have the best pitching staff in the AL East.

I want to post so many GIFs in response to this but I can't because big brother is watching.

Friggz

Rays had the best ERA becuase their relievers had a 2.8 era thanks to rodneys crazy season.

Their starters were third in xFIP and 5th in FIP, they lost shields, and i dont expect hellickson to be as good as he was last year (although moore could have a better year to offset to decline from hellickson)

Blue Jays received josh -25 starts a year- johnson and mark buehrle who are both moving over to the AL east for the first time in their career (i fully expect buehrle to get destroyed this year) morrow will get hurt at some point this year and miss 10 starts (effective when healthy though) who knows what is going to happen with romero after last year. happ sucks, and the rest of the rotation is a bunch of question marks.

Tigers or Nats will have the best rotation.

Rays had the best ERA becuase their relievers had a 2.8 era thanks to rodneys crazy season.

Their starters were third in xFIP and 5th in FIP, they lost shields, and i dont expect hellickson to be as good as he was last year (although moore could have a better year to offset to decline from hellickson)

Blue Jays received josh -25 starts a year- johnson and mark buehrle who are both moving over to the AL east for the first time in their career (i fully expect buehrle to get destroyed this year) morrow will get hurt at some point this year and miss 10 starts (effective when healthy though) who knows what is going to happen with romero after last year. happ sucks, and the rest of the rotation is a bunch of question marks.

Tigers or Nats will have the best rotation.

Couldnt people do the same thing for the Yankees starters? We will see how the Blu Jays moves work out but adding RA, JJ, and Buehrle in the same offseason is pretty crazy.

Friggz

I'm eating lunch at work, and for some mysterious reason I was compelled to run to a computer, and log on to baseball-GAF. I had no idea why, but now I know why...

Someone actually posted and legitimately believes Yankees have the best pitching staff in the AL East.

I want to post so many GIFs in response to this but I can't because big brother is watching.

yet you post nothing for a rebuttal.

... did he just call the reigning Cy Young Award winner a question mark?
yet you post nothing for a rebuttal.
How's this?

Kuroda won't have as good a season as last year, Nova is a question mark coming off surgery, Pineda an even bigger one, Pettitte is old, and Hughes... yeah. CC would need to have a Cy Young campaign for your prediction to be close to true.

Friggz

Couldnt people do the same thing for the Yankees starters? We will see how the Blu Jays moves work out but adding RA, JJ, and Buehrle in the same offseason is pretty crazy.

Yankees rotation proved themselves last year. I also expect (hope) ivan nova to pitches closer to his metrics from last year than his ERA indicates. Pretty big disparity between having a 5+ era whiling striking out 20.5% and walking 7.5% of the batters hes faced.

I see his era being closer to the 3.9xfip he had for last season. perhaps even lower.

Friggz

... did he just call the reigning Cy Young Award winner a question mark?

i actually forgot about dickey. that's my fault (i blame work?)

but yeah..i dont see how you cant call him a question mark anyway...a 38 year old knuckle baller moving to the al east with band box ball parks? id pass.

Top Bottom