• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

I was tempted to post after I saw Link get upset about trading Mike Nickeas. That was a good laugh.
You're not even getting the big picture.

Josh Thole was an integral part of the future. Mets got hosed, it's one thing to give up Nickeas. But Josh Thole? Fuck that, no GM would trade a stud pitching prospects for Thole.

Six players are involved in the deal. Four going to Pittsburgh, two going to Boston.

The only players known right now are Stolmy Pimentel and Jerry Sands going to the Pirates and Joel Hanrahan going to the Red Sox.

Sanjuro

Six players are involved in the deal. Four going to Pittsburgh, two going to Boston.

The only players known right now are Stolmy Pimentel and Jerry Sands going to the Pirates and Joel Hanrahan going to the Red Sox.

Curious who is heading there. I liked the idea of Brian Wilson, but if this isn't too costly a much better deal.

I'm guessing it's Upton that gets traded. Who would want Kubel?

npabfpe80z4q69dwj5b9.jpeg

I really hope Tigers make more moves, Double D just recently said that everything seems to be set for the Tigers next season. Obviously, he wouldn't come out and say his plans but it lets me slip away from hope.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
for some reason the braves are interested in scott hairston. Reed Johnson and Scott Hairston are both RHB and hit LHP not RHP. Both can be played in CF if needed (hairston more so). I really don't see why the braves are going after Hairston, he seems redundant.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
for some reason the braves are interested in scott hairston. Reed Johnson and Scott Hairston are both RHB and hit LHP not RHP. Both can be played in CF if needed (hairston more so). I really don't see why the braves are going after Hairston, he seems redundant.
Heard that rumour the other day. Elicited a big fat "meh" from me.

I've spent some time today putting together reasonable offers for Justin Upton, now that he might be available again. I think I have a problem.

Wait what? LOL NO.

Cute...

BUT NO.

Don't let the Mets' desperation to play their best hitting OF fool you. You don't want him in CF at all.

harSon

Banned
So we got basically nothing for Hanrahan?

also damn at Freel

All of the players aren't known yet, but I'm glad we're getting something because it's clear to anyone who watched the Pirates last season that Hanrahan is going to regress HARD this season. Relief pitchers/closers come and go at a moments notice, so I'm glad we were able to ship him away before he slid into nothingness.

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/2012/12/23/3797130/mark-melancon-pirates-red-sox-joel-hanrahan

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You're cute.

Sorry but its been a disaster of an offseason for the Yankees.

Swisher was their second most productive hitter this season. They gave a 2 year contract to a 39 year old corner outfielder who has no power and doesn't get on base often enough. They lost their best reliever. They're replacing their starting catcher with Cervelli. Their starting third baseman is out at least the first 3 months of the season. And they're still banking on the fossils that are the like of Andy Pettitte and Mariano Rivera.

Malo

Banned

Swisher was their second most productive hitter this season. They gave a 2 year contract to a 39 year old corner outfielder who has no power and doesn't get on base often enough. They lost their best reliever. They're replacing their starting catcher with Cervelli. Their starting third baseman is out at least the first 3 months of the season. And they're still banking on the fossils that are the like of Andy Pettitte and Mariano Rivera.
David Robertson is still on the team, and those old fossils are still good.

Mark Melancon is one of the players going to the Pirates.

So now, Pirates get Mark Melancon, Stolmy Pimentel, Jerry Sands, and an unknown player and the Red Sox get Joel Hanrahan and an unknown player.

Sanjuro

Mark Melancon is one of the players going to the Pirates.

So now, Pirates get Mark Melancon, Stolmy Pimentel, Jerry Sands, and an unknown player and the Red Sox get Joel Hanrahan and an unknown player.

All of the players aren't known yet, but I'm glad we're getting something because it's clear to anyone who watched the Pirates last season that Hanrahan is going to regress HARD this season. Relief pitchers/closers come and go at a moments notice, so I'm glad we were able to ship him away before he slid into nothingness.

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/2012/12/23/3797130/mark-melancon-pirates-red-sox-joel-hanrahan

No, I'M glad we're getting something.

Swisher/Indians contract breakdown:

2013 (age 32): $11 million
2014 (age 33): $15 million
2015 (age 34): $15 million
2016 (age 35): $15 million
2017 (age 36): $14 million vesting option if he hits 450 plate appearances in 2016 and passes his end-of-2016 physical

Swisher/Indians contract breakdown:

2013 (age 32): $11 million
2014 (age 33): $15 million
2015 (age 34): $15 million
2016 (age 35): $15 million
2017 (age 36): $14 million vesting option if he hits 450 plate appearances in 2016 and passes his end-of-2016 physical

What a stupid fucking contract.

jman2050

I'll come back to this post in October.

Top Bottom