• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

RBH

Veteran left-hander Francisco Liriano, after spending 5½ seasons with the Minnesota Twins, will join his third team in five months after agreeing to a two-year, $14 million deal with the Pittsburgh Pirates, according to The Star Tribune of Minneapolis.

Lirianao, traded from the Twins to the Chicago White Sox in late July, was 6-12 with a 5.34 ERA in 2012.

He's 53-54 with a 4.40 ERA in six full seasons.

Liriano, 29, pitched a no-hitter in May 2011 but failed to muster much success the rest of the season, finishing 9-10 with a 5.09 ERA.

He will join a Pirates rotation that includes A.J. Burnett, Wandy Rodriguez and James McDonald, who went a combined 33-22 for Pittsburgh in 2012.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8...ncisco-liriano-2-years-14-million-report-says

Jon

Double post, but Dale Murphy is doing an AMA right now, for anyone interested. (cough Windu/Cygnus/Enigma et. al)

Indians have signed Scott Kazmir to a minor league deal/spring training invite.

Mariners have signed Jeremy Bonderman to a minor league deal/spring training invite.

I don't understand why The Yankees didn't go after AJ Pierzynski. You might as well complete the off season scum bag acquisitions by giving him a one year deal like Youk.

McNei1y

Mlb gaf drunk thread? Mlb gaf drunk thread.

klROR.png

Seriously though yea lets do it.

Nats win World Series against the Blue Jays in Game 4

jakncoke

Banned
If he's going to strike any batters out it'll be in the low 90s so they can handle that. He signed a minor league deal with an invite to camp. There's basically zero risk so I'm okay with this signing.

Liriano is going to sign with the Pirates for 2 years, $14 million. I'd much rather have that deal than Correa for 2/$10. Sigh.

jesus. fucking fire neil already..

Remember when the Angels gave $55 million to Gary Matthews Jr.?

i do, he played winter ball for my hometown (see avatar) before getting to the majors. He was pretty good, don't know why he sabotaged his career. I still remember that catch he made as a ranger that earned him that contract.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Well that means the Mets have no chance... The only team they could possibly outbid is the Marlins.

This OF may actually be worse than the last one, since Hairston is 'too expensive'.
Looks like we'll be fielding an entirely homegrown team a lot again next year.

Top Bottom