• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 13: The Show |OT| So good, 2K wishes they were on the biogenesis report

Anyone know if the whole "Live" thing synchs with franchise/season mode? I just want to play a season with the real rosters all the way through.

Thats dumb
The whole point of franchise mode is for you to be in control of what happens to your team not play alongside Real life season

I preordered this. I liked '12 on Vita, but traded it in, as this one will be improved. Very excited!

Also: does the Vita have more features or about the same as last years?

Vita has most of the additions they made to the PS3 version with exception to things like Diamond dynasty and hearing the coaches yell at you in RTTS
The main reason vita doesn't have things like Diamond dynasty is the small cards
I really wish sony would somehow develop cartridges that allowed more memory
4 Gigs in this generation is shit

Flunkie

Banned
Vita has most of the additions they made to the PS3 version with exception to things like Diamond dynasty and hearing the coaches yell at you in RTTS
The main reason vita doesn't have things like Diamond dynasty is the small cards
I really wish sony would somehow develop cartridges that allowed more memory
4 Gigs in this generation is shit

Need Diamond Dynasty on Vita!! Grr.

Jas

Does anyone know what Co-Op modes you can play online this year?
Last year it was just exhibition I was hoping they would add Season and Franchise.
I know you can do those 2 offline co-op but not sure about online.

Yeah, I really wanna see a comparison video between Vita last year and this year. I put tons of hours into RTTS, took forever to get on my Sox, haha.

Got it!! Gm has improved again! The Show never disappoints, hopefully the online is stable enough to get a league goin this yr.

Got it!! Gm has improved again! The Show never disappoints, hopefully the online is stable enough to get a league goin this yr.

Given that its still peer to peer, online will be a hit or miss as always. I usually don't bother, having to wait a minute between pitches to avoid a balk is not fun.

bryehn

I just don't have the hours for it any more, might bite on the Vita version if it looks decent enough though

HoTHiTTeR

I took these last year; would love to see anyone w/ similar poses in MLB 13 for the Vita...

AtjcTp2CMAIqX-5.jpg:large

AtjcXGoCIAILpJO.jpg:large

VanWinkle

Ah man, it looks the same as last year's :( The Vita version is the only one that has ever run below native resolution that I can think of since The Show franchise started. I was hoping last year's was just a fluke.

Kccitystar

I'm so ready to make the Astros contenders this season. BRING IT ONNNNN

I'll play this
while I mod 2013 uniforms for MLB2K12 on the PC ;)

Ah man, it looks the same as last year's :( The Vita version is the only one that has ever run below native resolution that I can think of since The Show franchise started. I was hoping last year's was just a fluke.

Its definitely not the same
the graphics are improved
Any vita owner should know by know that screen shots don't do the game justice

Framerate issues is what killed it for me last year too. Waiting to hear if its been fixed in this year's version before buying.
Hean on over to the operation sports forums theres a lot of breaking down of the vita version
The framerate has been confirmed to have been changed

VanWinkle

Its defiantly not the same
the graphics are improved
Any vita owner should know by know that screen shots don't do the game justice

I know that. But I've played The Show 12 on Vita plenty and have also seen plenty of screenshots of it on the desktop. It may be improved, but I can't pick out any one thing that looks improved from those shots, so it must be pretty marginal.

I think the worst part about those screenshots is that even the UI is not native res. That irks me even way more than that graphics being sub-native. I can't remember if 12's UI was sub-native since I haven't played it in a while, but maybe it was too.

Edit: Here, look:

igU5i65QZJ0pb.jpg

a4wcWpL.jpg

I know that. But I've played The Show 12 on Vita plenty and have also seen plenty of screenshots of it on the desktop. It may be improved, but I can't pick out any one thing that looks improved from those shots, so it must be pretty marginal.

I think the worst part about those screenshots is that even the UI is not native res. That irks me even way more than that graphics being sub-native. I can't remember if 12's UI was sub-native since I haven't played it in a while, but maybe it was too.

Edit: Here, look:

igU5i65QZJ0pb.jpg

a4wcWpL.jpg
What am I looking at?

Bog

Junior Ace
Thats dumb
The whole point of franchise mode is for you to be in control of what happens to your team not play alongside Real life season

The giant thread over on operation sports with people detailing every single transaction would disagree with you, too. "That's dumb". No, it's dumb to not offer it as an option.

They look marginally improved on screen. I've played a few more games now and the game is smoother and better this year.

That's good to hear. Despite the Vita version getting the short end of the stick in terms of development time- its funny how I sink more hours into it than the console brethren. It helps when the wife wants to watch a Lifetime movie, I can easily squeeze some innings in via the Vita ;)

G-Fex

I've never been so mad in my life.

I called off work today, so I thought about calling FYE, I did. The girl said she did indeed have MLB 13 and she said ok she'd hold it for me for the hour.

I go all the way out there, this is like a city away from here, at the mall.

So I go there, and instead of the girl there's this dickhead manager. He tells me they have two but he can't sell it blahblaahbalbhalblah streetdate.

"But you can reserve it.."

BUT I CAN RESERVE IT.

I've never been so mad, I couldn't make it in time cause one of the roads was closed but if I had maybe I would've had a chance.

I went into gamestop and asked if he had it early and he said tuesday and I just walked out while he was still spouting stuff about reserving it.

I called K-mart and they're playing by the books too.

I give up. Ah well.

friz898

Sooooo excited. So glad all those other games are coming out Mar 5th so that Gamestop is doing a Midnight release!

The giant thread over on operation sports with people detailing every single transaction would disagree with you, too. "That's dumb". No, it's dumb to not offer it as an option.

If thats what you want why even make a franchise mode
The whole point is to put you in control of what happens
I for one wouldn't want the game overriding me and forcing trades I don't want
If I want to play with up to date rosters I play exhibition

beason52

Neo Member
Going to get this on vita, and ps3 at some point...I buy every other year so this is my first Show game since 11. Stoked.

Its weak that PSN doesn't have a 2 for $80 deal though.

beason52

Neo Member
Most likely 2K13 is really similar to 2K12. I doubt they put much into it, the MLB just didn't want the 360/PC to have no MLB game I think. So they gave 2K a good deal on the license.

G-Fex, you're doing it wrong. It's Ma and Pa shops that break street date without a damn. Expecting Gamestop to is just laughable and FYE still exists?

KaYotiX

Banned
That's good to hear. Despite the Vita version getting the short end of the stick in terms of development time- its funny how I sink more hours into it than the console brethren. It helps when the wife wants to watch a Lifetime movie, I can easily squeeze some innings in via the Vita ;)

This alone is why I buy both :)

Top Bottom