• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Please ignore all media with Dodger players

Platforms: PS4, PS3, and PSVita
Release Date: 3-31-15

GAMEPLAY IMPROVEMENTS (PS4 AND PS3 ONLY)

Advanced AI logic results in outfielders taking more realistic routes to the ball
Upgraded motion system allows for dynamic speed matching from run to catch to throw
User controlled cut offs
All new slide and tag system
New speed paradigm for fielders and base runners
Enhanced ball physics for pop ups, fly balls, and shots into the gap
Dynamic pitch breaks: Allows for more realistic pitch recognition when batting
Simplified Analog swing controls
Dynamic Difficulty 2.0
New situational base covering intelligence allows for new animations to play when a player has time or is in a hurry to get to his base.
More than 70 new situational third out fielding animations
New Input Type option for hitting
We’ve separated swing input as a separate option
List of other new features: http://www.theshownation.com/new_features

Baseball is Better

Online Thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1017379

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
For future reference. Yes we know online sucks. Yes we continue to buy it and send the message to SDS that shit online is A-OK. No need to post about that. :jnc

Got the steelbook on the way myself but I'm really thinking about starting a preload so I can give Phee a beatdown at midnight.

theWB27

I've skipped the last few years of MLB...but I'm strongly looking at jumping back in this year. Need to hurry and get that career started in road to the show.

I've skipped the last few years of MLB...but I'm strongly looking at jumping back in this year. Need to hurry and get that career started in road to the show.

I'm just stoked I can FINALLY carry my RTTS career over this time.

By the time I reach the major leagues (Usually 3-4 seasons) the next iteration of the game is usually only a couple months away so I've spent 90% of my time these past 6 years playing in those fucking dirt league AA stadiums.

My body is ready for a full season in The Bronx

34 minutes

get hype friends

That...does not make me optimistic but I don't think they have anything to hide really. I was reading some posts at Operation Sports and they seem to like it. Most notable changes are the new lighting and overall improved graphics, better load times, and licensed equipment.

I don't remember the last iteration of The Show that had reviews ready for launch day.

I mean it won't be any worse than 14 which scored quite well, we already know a lot of the changes and improvements they've made due to their weekly streams

Raw64life

Same here. First Show game since 2010. I figure they have to have changed enough for it to feel like a new game by now. Will get it tomorrow although with me being nowhere near done with Bloodborne it might be a while until I actually open it.

Lingitiz

34 minutes

get hype friends

I don't remember the last iteration of The Show that had reviews ready for launch day.

I mean it won't be any worse than 14 which scored quite well, we already know a lot of the changes and improvements they've made due to their weekly streams

It's out that soon? Guess I should go get my digital order in.

Yeah I remember some members of the team being kind of dissapointed with their effort last year due to the console transition. This year sounds like it will be more than just an upressed version.

theWB27

By the time I reach the major leagues (Usually 3-4 seasons) the next iteration of the game is usually only a couple months away so I've spent 90% of my time these past 6 years playing in those fucking dirt league AA stadiums.

Pretty much this. MLB is waay too long of a season to get anything realistic done if you wanna play majority of your games. This feature needs to be in every sports game with a career mode for now on.

Josh5890

This is why my faith in sports games has returned. I'm super stocked for that option.

Pretty much this. MLB is waay too long of a season to get anything realistic done if you wanna play majority of your games. This feature needs to be in every sports game with a career mode for now on.

Yup. I play every single game in my career, spring training through to the post season.

Ain't leaving anything up to simulation

demolitio

Can't wait to play this tomorrow. I ordered NBA 2K15 again thanks to that flash sale but decided to cancel it since it's not like I can play them all at once (well, that and my account got hacked and cleaned out...ffs) and I've already had my share of that game's interesting netcode. :p

This will be an interesting year of baseball for me since the Indians might actually be decently rated this time. Klubot will destroy everyone in sight and Lindnor is getting called up right away in my game.

Going to try out Diamond Dynasty for the first time this year just to try and get some legends.

I haven't played a baseball game in FOREVER. (I'm talking since like, the days of "Triple Play Baseball" in the late 90s... was that EA?). But this sounds good, I'm tempted to get it. That way I can play a successful season with my Yankees. It will be a consolation in case they flop in real life this coming season.

I haven't played a baseball game in FOREVER. (I'm talking since like, the days of "Triple Play Baseball" in the late 90s... was that EA?). But this sounds good, I'm tempted to get it. That way I can play a successful season with my Yankees. It will be a consolation in case they flop in real life this coming season.

Fear not, they will. Dark days are upon us :(

I know Online doesnt work well, but is there a Gaf online league? Is there room?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1017379

It would be nice if online works.

tumblr_inline_nduypjm1wt1t2kp90.gif

demolitio

Still can't get used to that. Feels like something is wrong if the Yankees aren't playing well with the amount of money they throw around.

Don't worry, you'll get a few more Indians players a couple years from now once we can't afford them. We're the best farm system for teams like the Yankees.

I have no interest in baseball and yet I want to pick this up.

Hmm.

I'll wait for reviews but I'm really leaning towards picking this up.

Pros to continuing RTTS: Jump right into important midseason games

Cons: rusty as all hell from not playing MLB for a while

That 0-3 strikeout tho

Couleurs

I wonder if saves carrying over from year to year means the OS Full Minors rosters will be available sooner than normal. That would be cool if so, since having real minor league players makes RTTS so much more enjoyable.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Pros to continuing RTTS: Jump right into important midseason games

Cons: rusty as all hell from not playing MLB for a while

That 0-3 strikeout tho

That is why Im probably gonna start a new character this year. But I might also want to be a pitcher this time too anyway.

Who on earth thought it was a good idea to have "new" be the default option when you pick RTTS. Every time I go back into that mode I have to scroll down to contine. I mean, it's one button press and takes no time but little shit like that annoys me. Why would continuing your current RTTS not be the default choice

zulux21

That is why Im probably gonna start a new character this year. But I might also want to be a pitcher this time too anyway.

I doubt I will ever carry a character over... I tend to play my characters until they are gods ending up with like .600 batting averages and 100 home runs and 300+ rbi per season with still like 200 stolen bases on top of that :p

this should be fun though, this is the first time ever that i ahve been there day 1. I usually get mlb the show in oct or nov, but this time I decided I wanted to go day 1.

I am hoping the load times for road to the show are better than the 2012 ps3 version. the 1-2 minute wait to load to play 5 minutes of game was a bit tedious.

I will have to try out the online play at some point, and see if the collectors edition digital content is worth anything to me or if I should just sell it to someone else that wants it as I just ordered the CE for the case, and maybe the skin for my controller.

now if someone confirms that the themes for each team are unique codes and I don't have to also attach a yankees or cubs theme to my account to get my white sox theme I might keep that but I am assuming those are all just one code not even caring that some people would refuse to taint their download lists with teams they don't want anywhere near their list.

One of the main reasons I bought a Vita was for MLB The Show on the go....this year's "legacy" version is disappointing :(

I have 2013 for baseball on the go for the vita, from here on out I plan on just remote playing the ps4 version which hopefully will run nicely on my vita... I haven't done much remote play yet.

Top Bottom