• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

TomShoe

Banned
I think there's 1 or 2 new features to Vita but yeah, basically. To be honest I'm surprised they keep making the Vita versions (I say this as a Vita owner) considering SCEA has basically abandoned the device.

To be fair it's probably not hard to make a Vita version sine they can give it the FIFA treatment. Just update rosters, add a new feature or two, and port everything from the last one over.

Kama_1082

Banned
Didn't they already say the Vita version is just a roster update?
It doesn't have all the new features as the PS4/ps3 version, but it does include the new directional hitting interface. Franchise mode has also been revamped

And they finally have quick shifts available.

I know, but these guys are so drab. Get a new crew already.

Even the umpires and stadium PA announcer are stale at this point. I'm also a bit miffed they didn't add any aircraft to the ambient audio, because otherwise the tweaks they made to the ambient/atmosphere is one of the first things I noticed.

Really dig the new lighting and new crowd distribution (better seats fill up first), and real gear (Nike cleats, Franklin batting gloves, etc.) is a really nice touch that goes a lot further than I was expecting.

Strider

Time to wait for UPS to deliver. Went digital last year but couldn't pass up the steelbook.

Ya know it was always going to be a great feature to be able to rollover saves year to year but I am soooo happy I don't have to wait for OS rosters to play franchise this year. Can just hop right in...

I'm waiting for UPS to deliver my 10th anniversary edition. The Show is easily my favorite sports series out on the market now and have bought every single one since 2008.

terrisus

Ah, I just got MLB The Show 14 last week, as my first game in the series.

The last Baseball game I got was MVP Baseball 2005.
Games where the Red Sox are the World Champions are the best.

Better luck next year, MLB The Show

BFIB

Heading to Target here in a bit to take advantage of the B1G1 50% off deal.

Hopefully they have the steelbook version.

I have 2013 for baseball on the go for the vita, from here on out I plan on just remote playing the ps4 version which hopefully will run nicely on my vita... I haven't done much remote play yet.

MLB is actually one of the few games I can't use Remote Play for. Adding that little bit of input lag into the pitching and hitting timing just makes it unplayable for me. You have to really overcompensate on your swings especially, which leads to swinging at almost everything and takes a lot of the strategy out of the game. It's okay in the early stages of RTTS when you're just getting fastballs all the time, but an MLB-level game is near impossible.

Josh5890

So I did instore pick up at Best Buy. They open in an hour but I haven't received the "order is ready for pickup" e-mail. I've never had to wait this long for the email to come. Should I start to worry?

Spacebar

So I did instore pick up at Best Buy. They open in an hour but I haven't received the "order is ready for pickup" e-mail. I've never had to wait this long for the email to come. Should I start to worry?

I picked up Bloodborne last week at 10am with no email. They had it ready when I showed up.

Gonna hold off on this, unless it gets amazing review or something. Even if last year's installment gave me one of my most memorable gaming moments ever. So tempted, though.

ab1a5ap0ius6i.png

ab2alapj6oskk.png

I am pretty starved for a good sports game (did all I wanted with the EA Sports 15 games).
But here's the problem, I am from the EU and don't follow baseball.
I do know some teams and guys like Pujols and Jeter, but I don't know the guy on the cover for example.
I lived in the US before and picked up the basic rules and even played some Triple Play (IIRC) 2005 on PS2.
Can I make full use of the game with the knowledge I have?

OctoMan

Banned
I more or less just sim dynasties when I play sports games. Don't mind paying full price for the right to do that. Baseball is my fave sport but havent owned a game since mvp 05. the shows dynasty mode worth it?

I am pretty starved for a good sports game (did all I wanted with the EA Sports 15 games).
But here's the problem, I am from the EU and don't follow baseball.
I do know some teams and guys like Pujols and Jeter, but I don't know the guy on the cover for example.
I lived in the US before and picked up the basic rules and even played some Triple Play (IIRC) 2005 on PS2.
Can I make full use of the game with the knowledge I have?

It's a highly-competent game (offline, at least) with a boatload of customization options.

It's a highly-competent game (offline, at least) with a boatload of customization options.

OK so there is like a beginner mode? Well then I think I'm in.
Just one little question though, since I don't care about new rosters (don't know these players anyway) would you think MLB 14 is a huge downgrade to 15?
14 is 20€ on eBay, 15 is 75€. But if 15 is way better I don't care about the money.

Just one little question though, since I don't care about new rosters (don't know these players anyway) would you think MLB 14 is a huge downgrade to 15?
14 is 20€ on eBay, 15 is 75€. But if 15 is way better I don't care about the money.

14 should be fine unless you want to play online.

I was actually going to recommend that. I would not say 15 is "way better" no. The rub is 14's online servers are coming down in June if that matters to you.

I haven't played 15 all that much obviously but as a rough estimate it's only like 10-15% better than 14 imo. If you can find 14 for like $10 or $20 I'd call it a no-brainer, but at the same time, make no mistake 15 is superior.

Pachimari

I'm also quite interested in this one, but the last time I played a baseball game, was on the Super Famicom.

I am also from Europe, and have never seen baseball, and don't know any single player, or the base rules. I just know you gotta hit the ball with your bat, and make it to one or more bases before the other team throws the ball there.

Still very curious about MLB The Show.

14 should be fine unless you want to play online.

I was actually going to recommend that. I would not say 15 is "way better" no. The rub is 14's online servers are coming down in June if that matters to you.

I haven't played 15 all that much obviously but as a rough estimate it's only like 10-15% better than 14 imo. If you can find 14 for like $10 or $20 I'd call it a no-brainer, but at the same time, make no mistake 15 is superior.

Thanks guys! I don't think online will be useful for me since I won't be competetive.
Just called my local guy at his store will pick it up later this week for 25€.
OT: Funny story, he said he ordered 1 copy of MLB14 from his supplier and that's the one I'm getting. Baseball is that huge in Germany LOL

GravyButt

Playing in beginner mode because im basically new to the series. Played very little of last years at friends house. So far im loving it! Question though. I thought last year you could have batter stats/info up on the screen at all times when they are up to bat but I dont see that option anywhere?

RS4-

MLB is actually one of the few games I can't use Remote Play for. Adding that little bit of input lag into the pitching and hitting timing just makes it unplayable for me. You have to really overcompensate on your swings especially, which leads to swinging at almost everything and takes a lot of the strategy out of the game. It's okay in the early stages of RTTS when you're just getting fastballs all the time, but an MLB-level game is near impossible.

Think of it as a way to simulate how it feels to play online.

Is there a NeoGaf league that anyone sets up each year? Wasn't a Gaf member last year and would love to play on a league where people don't drop out mid-way through.

U2NUMB

Wait... so the Vita version is only downloadable.. ok thats cool.. but with GCU at Best Buy its only gonna cost me $15.99?? Normally the discount does not apply to digital stuff but based on adding it to my online cart it does apply to this.

Welp.. guess its off to BB

Couleurs

Online is still busted? How did they not put any effort into fixing it

Saw a few posts on Reddit saying online was pretty smooth, so maybe they actually got it right this year. Not likely though, I'm guessing it'll shit the bed as soon as servers start getting hammered when people get off work and pick the game up.

SpaceHorror

I can't decide if I want this or RBI Baseball 15.

I'm sure this is a lot better and is the only way to go if I want a sim, but I'm not so sure I want a sim. Pick up and play arcade (licensed) baseball is really appealing to me, but man I really want all the features the Show offers, especially since season modes are the bread and butter of sports games for me. RBI not having trades in its seasons mode is a huge turn off.

How does season mode work in the show? Do you play all 160 odd games, or is in cut down to a more manageable number? If it's the latter, is it realistically spread out over a year (April, May, June, July, etc. with the fall for post-season)?

I'm sure this is a lot better and is the only way to go if I want a sim, but I'm not so sure I want a sim. Pick up and play arcade (licensed) baseball is really appealing to me, but man I really want all the features the Show offers, especially since season modes are the bread and butter of sports games for me. RBI not having trades in its seasons mode is a huge turn off.

How does season mode work in the show? Do you play all 160 odd games, or is in cut down to a more manageable number? If it's the latter, is it realistically spread out over a year (April, May, June, July, etc. with the fall for post-season)?

I don't play much franchise (usually just RTTS) but I believe you can sim or play as many games as you want.

So you could just go through the calendar and sim 2 games then play every 3rd game, or every 4th game, or just pick the certain teams you want to play against.

Xater

If you want a good arcade baseball game get Super Mega Baseball. RBI was shit and I don't have hopes for this year.

SpaceHorror

I don't play much franchise (usually just RTTS) but I believe you can sim or play as many games as you want.

So you could just go through the calendar and sim 2 games then play every 3rd game, or every 4th game, or just pick the certain teams you want to play against.

Awesome. I might pick up The Show and give it a chance when I get back from vacation.

And yeah, Super Mega Baseball looks fun, but I said licensed. After how much RBI sucked last year, I'm definitely waiting for impressions on 15 first.

Top Bottom