• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 15:The Show |OT| - Yes Yes Yes (Unless you are asking about online improvements)

Lingitiz

3D Puig Disgusting.

...I might just skip this year's. I end up playing it for like a month, then shelve it. Great game, I just end up playing other stuff more often.

A month is longer than most games for me. That said I generally play these games of and off throughout the year. Different modes, maybe a new RTTS player, etc.

zulux21

A month is longer than most games for me. That said I generally play these games of and off throughout the year. Different modes, maybe a new RTTS player, etc.

I tend to play it in times of great frustration or excitement...

basically if my team is doing really bad or really good I play a lot of the show... if they are merely average I don't play much of it.

2 for 5 in my first RTTS game

Not bad. Gotta get my timing back for base stealing

Edit: Awwww yeah there's the first stolen base, just managed to sneak in there. 1 for 2.

fEse6d.jpg

friz898

Well. I realize this is blogGAF when I type this.

I also realize very few will read this.

Disclaimers being said:

I almost feel guilty I'm not buying MLB' the Show this year. Maybe I will change my mind, but it comes out in about 10 minutes or however you count it. I've done the midnight release since MLB '12. Basically the Vita version was my first midnight release and MLB '11 for the PSP was my first taste of the game.

It's awesome. I'm one of their biggest fans. I post on the OT every year. I know who Russell Ramone is. I read the OS forum. Blah blah blah, other things that show I'm a 'the Show' Fanboy.

But how can I justify $60 for new stats, faster loading times, and that laundry list of features that although appreciated, does not justify $60.

I just can't do it this year. I guess this is the first year I will become one of those "buy every other year" guys. This is all fine. No Drama. No tears. Just me letting Sony San Diego know "hey... I love your game, but I need a little more to justify $60 bucks"...that being said....
... with this new feature about annual stats carrying over, they should offer an option where you only pay 20-30 to carry over your stats to the new digital version or whatever.

Just my opinion. Hope someone reads it. They've had my Midnight-money $60 the last 3 years until this year.

Can Cubs fans call up Kris Bryant whenever they want in this game?

Nah, the owner is gonna swoop in and tell you how it's important to save money and lessen his service time so they don't need to give him a decent contract a year earlier.

I'll be getting my steelbook tomorrow. Went in with a Coworker for the buy one get one half off deal. Getting two anniversary editions and we're paying around $48 each.

zulux21

I would imagine he isn't even in the game at this time.
If I recall right a person has to have at least played a game in the majors to be represented in the game and Kris Bryant hasn't done that yet.

Couleurs

Generally rookies are added to the game after they play their first regular season MLB game. So he won't officially be in the game until he gets called up, though you can still download player-made rosters with him.

Josh5890

Nah, the owner is gonna swoop in and tell you how it's important to save money and lessen his service time so they don't need to give him a decent contract a year earlier.
I don't see what the big deal is with holding him back 15 games. In this day and age team control is more important than ever.
I think there's 1 or 2 new features to Vita but yeah, basically. To be honest I'm surprised they keep making the Vita versions (I say this as a Vita owner) considering SCEA has basically abandoned the device.

As long as the Vita is a serviceable option for playing my RTTS game on the go I'll gladly pay the $16 a year for it.

I don't see what the big deal is with holding him back 15 games. In this day and age team control is more important than ever.

As long as the Vita is a serviceable option for playing my RTTS game on the go I'll gladly pay the $16 a year for it.

Worst case scenario, the Cubs miss the playoffs by 2 or 3 games. Fans are going to point and say if he was on the team for those games, they would have made it. I understand it's purely speculative but that's how sports fans think, ha.

Josh5890

Worst case scenario, the Cubs miss the playoffs by 2 or 3 games. Fans are going to point and say if he was on the team for those games, they would have made it. I understand it's purely speculative but that's how sports fans think, ha.

Us Cubs fans will blame Ms. Oleary's cow if we miss the playoffs by 2 or 3 games. Ha ha

If Kris Bryant has some Babe Ruthian 18 WAR season they might have a point. Otherwise they R dumb.

Anyway the Vita version is D/L code only, right? Wish there was a physical version I'm pretty sure I'm already pushing the limit of the 8 GB mem card that came with the thing.

Qwyjibo

Here's to hoping the online play is at least tolerable! This will be my first one since MLB 12 and first time on PS4.

I stopped getting these games after MLB 12 because the online kept getting worse with each game. In that game, every online match I had seemed to end 1-0 or 2-1 with each team striking out 15-20 times. The lag in the batter-pitcher matchup made the game basically unplayable, IMO.

Here's to hoping the online play isn't garbage! This will be my first one since MLB 12 and first time on PS4.

I stopped getting these games after MLB 12 because the online kept getting worse with each game. In that game, every online match I had seemed to end 1-0 or 2-1 with each team striking out 15-20 times. The lag in the batter-pitcher matchup made the game basically unplayable, IMO.

It still didn't seem great in 14 (I only tried playing online once or twice). At this point I don't expect it to really ever improve but who knows

zulux21

It still didn't seem great in 14 (I only tried playing online once or twice). At this point I don't expect it to really ever improve but who knows

Im not expecting much.
Our best hope for good online will likely be the year after the ps3 is dropped from support.

Qwyjibo

If that's the case, this will probably be my only version of MLB I buy for PS4. It's a shame. I realize that given how graphically intense these new games are, stable online play might be difficult to do. Especially for something that basically has to be 100% lag free like the batter-pitcher matchup. But it just seems like no effort is put into this area.

I'm still looking for a baseball game that brings me back to the great online play of High Heat 2000-2003 and MVP Baseball 2005 on PC.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Well. I realize this is blogGAF when I type this.

I also realize very few will read this.

Disclaimers being said:

I almost feel guilty I'm not buying MLB' the Show this year. Maybe I will change my mind, but it comes out in about 10 minutes or however you count it. I've done the midnight release since MLB '12. Basically the Vita version was my first midnight release and MLB '11 for the PSP was my first taste of the game.

It's awesome. I'm one of their biggest fans. I post on the OT every year. I know who Russell Ramone is. I read the OS forum. Blah blah blah, other things that show I'm a 'the Show' Fanboy.

But how can I justify $60 for new stats, faster loading times, and that laundry list of features that although appreciated, does not justify $60.

I just can't do it this year. I guess this is the first year I will become one of those "buy every other year" guys. This is all fine. No Drama. No tears. Just me letting Sony San Diego know "hey... I love your game, but I need a little more to justify $60 bucks"...that being said....
... with this new feature about annual stats carrying over, they should offer an option where you only pay 20-30 to carry over your stats to the new digital version or whatever.

Just my opinion. Hope someone reads it. They've had my Midnight-money $60 the last 3 years until this year.

Tbh I wish I had the will power to not buy it again until they fix online instead of giving us real gloves and shit. I just can't do it I'm way too big of a baseball fan and have bought The Show day 1 since they started making it.

I salute you for voting with your wallet tho.

kasane

i dont think im buying too

only improvements they made with rtts are those items that gives you stats which is bullshit

commentary is also bullshit

breaking records in rtts is lame and it seems like an everyday occurrence.

lastly commentary is basically shit

Lingitiz

Playing the little game while it installs (taking forever). The new lighting looks great and fielding animations seem much improved.

mrpookles

My copy was shipped last night... probably get it in a week or so. Once again, cheers for never releasing The Show in Australia, Sony.

Lingitiz

Is the initial install supposed to take this long? I already played the exhibition game and the only option it gives me is to start over.

Is the initial install supposed to take this long? I already played the exhibition game and the only option it gives me is to start over.

Not sure....if you go to the ps4 main menu and hit options on the game icon then information it might show you how much is installed

What are the load times like?

Definitely seem better, but then again I didn't seem to mind the load times in 14 as much as many others.

Also, just hit my first HR of 15, feels good man. A no doubter to boot

Side note - they really need to improve the shale textures. They didn't bother me last year but the better the rest of the game looks, the more it sticks out. It doesn't look like it's made of of a bunch of particles at all, but rather like someone just did a really lousy paint job on the ground. It's just a giant smeared blob of blur.

The grass seems fine, at least.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm probably going to wait a couple days to see how y'all are getting along with the game before I pick up my copy. When (or if I guess) I get my copy the first thing I'm doing is getting Torii Hunter off the god damn Twins roster.

So hitting is a lot harder than I expected. I need to lay off the garbage...very undisciplined.

Pitching is sublime. I've got my RTTS pitcher coming his way up the minors. Pitching is the best choice for me since I can get through an entire season without simulating any games. Trying that as a position player would drive me insane.

Kama_1082

Banned
My vita review for the Vita Lounge won't be up until next week. Sony withheld review copies until RD so we can have a solid impression of online play.

Top Bottom