• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

eznark

Banned
Have you ever done a full season on Fanduel? I want to play for some $$$ but it seems like that site is all about the daily leagues, which turn me off. If I'm going to lose a bill I want to get like 6 months of entertainment out of it at least.

It's awesome, getting to evaluate each game every morning adds a ton of interest. I've been doing it since the all star break for baseball and all football season. Only made a few hundred bucks so the time investment isn't great if you want to make money doing it, but I'd be looking at that stuff anyway.

aFIGurANT

It's awesome, getting to evaluate each game every morning adds a ton of interest. I've been doing it since the all star break for baseball and all football season. Only made a few hundred bucks so the time investment isn't great if you want to make money doing it, but I'd be looking at that stuff anyway.

Good to know it's fun...I'll probably hold off until the summer when my job phases down but I'll have to keep in touch to see if you have any good fantasy strats (assuming you'd help a division rival) for easy Ws.

The boss, just like Jeter, was overrated.

I don't even know who you are anymore.

One of our local high school teams tried recreating Gordon's Game 7 triple to see if he could've made it home.

http://youtu.be/zjXy5oNIhqg

safe 1 out of 6 attempts

I never understood this argument. He was never going to make it home on anything other than a bad throw which isn't as often at the major league level.

But the runner here started from second. There's a lot of variables involved. Don't do this to yourself KC fans.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
source for this?
I can't say I'm that deep in the world of baseball journalism, but I have yet to find a reliable rumor that wasn't on mlbtraderumors after like 10 minutes after some dude tweeted it.

I mean, it's gonna be the Dodgers right? They have infinite money to spend on not winning championships right?

Moncada update:

Despite reports that a decision could come tonight, Yoan Moncada actually has one more private workout scheduled with a team this weekend. His agent said the decision would come very shortly after the final workout.

I found it pretty funny how reporters keep pushing up the alleged price on this guy but all the executives being quoted are nowhere near that.

Everything I read makes it sound like he's a corner outfielder with questionable power and plate discipline. He is young though.

Olivera is the more interesting signing in the immediate future.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Everything I read makes it sound like he's a corner outfielder with questionable power and plate discipline. He is young though.

It's a massive calculated risk and in the end he's still a prospect, not an actual major league player.

Betting the farm on him seems pretty questionable. Hell that's a bitter pill to swallow if you're the Dodgers and he ends up being Ruben Rivera.

Friggz

I can't say I'm that deep in the world of baseball journalism, but I have yet to find a reliable rumor that wasn't on mlbtraderumors after like 10 minutes after some dude tweeted it.

I mean, it's gonna be the Dodgers right? They have infinite money to spend on not winning championships right?

it depends how bad the yankees want him. although i do find your statement funny. yankees got shit for spending a ton of money and not winning. dodgers payroll this year is about 260+

rando14

Ozzie Guillen is still being paid by the Marlins in 2015.

0305_large.jpg

aFIGurANT

Kiley McDaniel has been following the story pretty closely and he thinks that he's Puig who will at least be able to play 2B or 3B for a good while yet. This is a good place to start.

He could flame out but he's a top prospect like Corey Seager or Correa, and until there's an international draft, it's just the market. I'll guess he gets 40MM.

Kiley McDaniel has been following the story pretty closely and he thinks that he's Puig who will at least be able to play 2B or 3B for a good while yet. This is a good place to start.

He could flame out but he's a top prospect like Corey Seager or Correa, and until there's an international draft, it's just the market. I'll guess he gets 40MM.

This is one of the places I've seen say Moancada has any kind of real power. No one seems to be projecting him as any kind of slugger.

JABEE

A-Rod says "I'm sorry" for helping the Yankees win a Championship. He's not apologizing to the fans for clinging on after he is broken down and unproductive in the name of money.

Wait, why is he apologizing again?

Giants fans may not realize it now, but that's a major dodged bullet.

Don't know about that one. He lost a lot of weight for spring training last year and struggled for the first few months. Then he got fat again and put up great numbers. I think he needs the gut to maintain his balance in his swing.

But obviously it will catch up with him as the years progress.

Don't know about that one. He lost a lot of weight for spring training last year and struggled for the first few months. Then he got fat again and put up great numbers. I think he needs the gut to maintain his balance in his swing.

But obviously it will catch up with him as the years progress.

Fatties don't age well. He may have been able to get away with and thrive inspite of his shape in his 20s but that gets a lot harder as he hits 30.

Top Bottom