• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Doogdogg

The best known package presented to the Phillies are from San Diego, Hedges and Renfroe. Both seems very ordinary players. The Red Sox playing hardball by offering a few MLB players as back and forth posturing.

BFIB

The best known package presented to the Phillies are from San Diego, Hedges and Renfroe. Both seems very ordinary players. The Red Sox playing hardball by offering a few MLB players as back and forth posturing.

At some point you have to either dedicate to a full rebuild, or continue to sink. Amaro for three years now has sat on Rollins, Utley, Howard, Lee, and Hamels hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. Now he's let most of these players go on for far too long, and finally found suitors for a few guys. I get that Hamels is the big piece, but Hamels is owed a lot. Whatever team expects to take on Hamels salary cannot expect to also give up top ready talent as well.

It seems everyone knows this, except Amaro.

Friggz

At some point you have to either dedicate to a full rebuild, or continue to sink. Amaro for three years now has sat on Rollins, Utley, Howard, Lee, and Hamels hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. Now he's let most of these players go on for far too long, and finally found suitors for a few guys. I get that Hamels is the big piece, but Hamels is owed a lot. Whatever team expects to take on Hamels salary cannot expect to also give up top ready talent as well.

It seems everyone knows this, except Amaro.

considering his production, hamels is quite the bargin. He would be getting a few million more a year if he went to free agency.

BFIB

Carlos Martinez arrived at ST, went to the clubhouse, and proceeded to move this locker to the starters locker end.

Liking this guys attitude. He wants that 5th spot.

rando14

B-Oiur8CYAAuPkQ.jpg

Jesus is so slim!! He ate his way to the other side!! :')

ampere

Starting to get excited seeing everyone reporting to training

Panda bear Pablo does look fat, but eh as long as he is alert and powerful

He surpised Yadi by throwing a changeup. He's needed an offspeed pitch to get lefties out. To me, its his spot to lose.

To be honest the only thing standing between Martinez and the 5th spot is a healthy Jaime Garcia. I expect nothing but who knows what could happen

I think the competition between Martinez and Gonzales is the same as the one between Kelly and Martinez last year - that is, not really a competition at all

Malo

Banned
Soccer-gaf just got nba-gaf'd.

MLB-Gaf going to be next if you fools keep on praising the false virtues of mustard.

My Predictions for final standings
NL East Winner: Nats
NL Central Winner: Cardinals
NL West Winner: Dodgers
WC's-Cubs and Padres

AL East Winner- Blue Jays
AL Central Winner-Tigers
AL West Winner-Mariners
WC's White Sox and Angels

Also A-Rod gets released by June.

Wait

What

Yep.
You know how the old saying goes: Two Rougned Odors are better than one. What? That's not a saying?
Well, it ought to be one in Arlington soon, because the Texas Rangers just signed the younger brother of their 21-year-old second baseman Rougned Odor. And get this, his name is also Rougned Odor.

He's 17 and, like big bro, is a middle infielder. He's expected to begin playing in the Venezuela summer league, while the older Odor hopes to be the starting second baseman for the Rangers this year after playing 114 games as a rookie in 2014.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...ougned-odor-signs-with-rangers-182528281.html

cashman

Banned
Wait

What

Yep his little brother has the same exact name as him.

When I first discovered Rougned the Younger through an internet training tape, I asked the older Rougned if it was his kid brother or just another young Venezuelan shortstop with the same name. “What is the problem if my brother and I have the same name?” he asked me, somewhat heatedly. I told him absolutely nothing was wrong, I just wanted to confirm it was his brother. He said, yes, it was his brother. Then he laughed at me.

Think of all the elaborate pranks you could pull by having a brother with the same name. You could court a woman at a classy dining event.

Imagine Rougned (older) is a smart, sensitive, yet quiet and introverted. Rougned (younger) is much funnier than his older brother, and incredibly sociable. They could switch each other out whenever the other brother's skill set was needed. They could say things like "oh excuse me, I have to take this phone call" or, "I have to use the rest room, please excuse me."

Someone get to writing the fan-fic

Carlos Martinez arrived at ST, went to the clubhouse, and proceeded to move this locker to the starters locker end.

Liking this guys attitude. He wants that 5th spot.
What about Trevor "I'm still competing for a rotation spot - they just don't know it yet" Rosenthal? Confidence isn't everything but I hope Carlos can rebound from his friend's death and channel his energy appropriately towards pitching
instead of fapping

To be honest the only thing standing between Martinez and the 5th spot is a healthy Jaime Garcia. I expect nothing but who knows what could happen

I think the competition between Martinez and Gonzales is the same as the one between Kelly and Martinez last year - that is, not really a competition at all
I have a hard time believing that Garcia, Wacha, and Wainwright all stay reasonably healthy for most of the season. Carlos will get his opportunity. I just hope whoever "loses" the 5th starter competition stays stretched out as a starter in AAA instead of being moved back and forth between the bullpen and rotation.

Fox318

My Predictions for final standings
NL East Winner: Nats
NL Central Winner: Cardinals
NL West Winner: Dodgers
WC's-Cubs and Padres

AL East Winner- Blue Jays
AL Central Winner-Tigers
AL West Winner-Mariners
WC's White Sox and Angels

Also A-Rod gets released by June.

Hank is gonna force Arod to play just to embarrass the shit outta Hal.

Soccer-gaf just got nba-gaf'd.

MLB-Gaf going to be next if you fools keep on praising the false virtues of mustard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUig9IAwggM

Alton is pro mustard.

aFIGurANT

What about Trevor "I'm still competing for a rotation spot - they just don't know it yet" Rosenthal? Confidence isn't everything but I hope Carlos can rebound from his friend's death and channel his energy appropriately towards pitching
instead of fapping

What's wrong with fapping the grief away? How else do you deal with the dozens of Ls in the MLB season? Please advise if I'm doing this wrong.

Enron

Banned
Its another labrum tear, but an old one, from 5 years ago that needs fixing now.

I doubt we ever see Profar in the majors again, i think he's done. 3 shoulder injuries by age 22? Toast.

Top Bottom