• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder how much money Huston Street saves being his own agent.

Sports Agency always seemed like a huge racket to me. I went to a small-town law school and there were a ton of people who were obsessed with trying to be agents despite the fact that it seems insanely difficult to get into that field (basically like any law field, except even worse).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Summary of the link:

1. Bruce Bochy, Giants
2. Buck Showalter, Orioles
3. Joe Maddon, Cubs
4. Terry Francona, Indians
5. Bob Melvin, Athletics
6. Clint Hurdle, Pirates
7. Mike Scioscia, Angels
8. Joe Girardi, Yankees
9. Mike Matheny, Cardinals
10. John Farrell, Red Sox
11. Bud Black, Padres
12. Lloyd McClendon, Mariners
13. Mike Redmond, Marlins
14. Ned Yost, Royals
15. Brad Ausmus, Tigers
16. John Gibbons, Blue Jays
17. Don Mattingly, Dodgers
18. Ron Roenicke, Brewers
19. Terry Collins, Mets
20. Robin Ventura, White Sox
21. Bryan Price, Reds
22. Fredi Gonzalez, Braves
23. Matt Williams, Nationals
24. Ryne Sandberg, Phillies
25. Walt Weiss, Rockies
26. A.J. Hinch, Astros
27. Kevin Cash, Rays
28. Jeff Banister, Rangers
29. Chip Hale, Diamondbacks
30. Paul Molitor, Twins

Enron

Banned
I think I will pass. I've done fantasy stuff before but I just forget about it within a month and my team suffers.

There's guys already on the waiting list. I dont know if Dominican was being funny or what, but he's got no authority to be giving away spots!

Anyways, Feb 25th is the deadline then im giving the last few slots to the top 2 guys on the list.

There's guys already on the waiting list. I dont know if Dominican was being funny or what, but he's got no authority to be giving away spots!

Anyways, Feb 25th is the deadline then im giving the last few slots to the top 2 guys on the list.

Get rid of the fucking dead weight.

Fox318

Summary of the link:

1. Bruce Bochy, Giants
2. Buck Showalter, Orioles
3. Joe Maddon, Cubs
4. Terry Francona, Indians
5. Bob Melvin, Athletics
6. Clint Hurdle, Pirates
7. Mike Scioscia, Angels
8. Joe Girardi, Yankees
9. Mike Matheny, Cardinals
10. John Farrell, Red Sox
11. Bud Black, Padres
12. Lloyd McClendon, Mariners
13. Mike Redmond, Marlins
14. Ned Yost, Royals
15. Brad Ausmus, Tigers
16. John Gibbons, Blue Jays
17. Don Mattingly, Dodgers
18. Ron Roenicke, Brewers
19. Terry Collins, Mets
20. Robin Ventura, White Sox
21. Bryan Price, Reds
22. Fredi Gonzalez, Braves
23. Matt Williams, Nationals
24. Ryne Sandberg, Phillies
25. Walt Weiss, Rockies
26. A.J. Hinch, Astros
27. Kevin Cash, Rays
28. Jeff Banister, Rangers
29. Chip Hale, Diamondbacks
30. Paul Molitor, Twins

Scioscia at 7??

I have no idea how Terry isn't in the bottom five, he's a terrible manager. Runs pitchers into the ground.

Also I don't think Bochy is the best, Maddon gets more out of less than anybody else in the bidness, and Showalter is always great.

BFIB

If we could rank them on which manager tries to give away the most games, then Matheny would rank first.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Astros pitchers and catchers reported today.

Baseball is starting soon.

WEEEEE

HH6UGGe.jpg

Fox318

Most amazing manger mess up I've seen has to be Little leaving Pedro in.

I was so fucking amazed when little walked back alone to the dugout.

BFIB

Matheny bringing in Wacha in game 6 last year has to be up there. You already had the blood magic working against you, last thing you wanted to do was help the Giants out even more.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
What about Dusty Baker leaving pitchers in after 130 pitches?

Except the time he didn't, and it cost him a WS title. I wonder if that was what caused him to start to seriously ride his starters longer, he wasn't too terrible yet with that while with SF. Though who knows if having Righetti there had an influence on his SF tenure.

I think you underestimate how much a terrible manager can hurt a team's chances. The difference between a solid manager and a great manager is probably small though.

Yeah managing in game decisions is a really big deal. People minimize the impact of having a good one and they really shouldn't. Choosing the right time to pull a pitcher, to bunt, squeeze, suicide, bastard pull, H/R, etc etc. These are variables you need someone who knows what he's doing to account for.

look at all those aces!!

Jake DeGawd looking as majestic as ever.

Top Bottom