• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
tumblr_neo8mhgbL01qf5yp8o1_1280.jpg

LMAO. Never change, Daily News.

BFIB

Mo has stated that he wants to address the situation in RF quickly, and that it likely will come through free agency, rather than a trade.

I don't see the team investing long term money in Jay, and Grichuk and Piscotty are maybe another year or two away from taking over full time in the outfield. Markakis seems like he'd be a good fit.

And I cannot believe the Bucs ownership is going to let Martin go to another team. What a shitty owner. Didn't address the holes last year after making the playoffs, and losing Martin is a huge loss to the Bucs.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Don't mind me, just sitting here hoping for the exceptionally unlikely scenario where Dan Uggla retires and doesn't take the money he's still owed.

JDHarbs

Alex Gordon and Yadier Molina win Platinum Glove Awards. This might sound stupid, but I didn't even know this award existed.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Are the Rays moving to Montreal?

http://www.tsn.ca/report-bell-among...ted-in-bringing-mlb-team-to-montreal-1.127919

According to the La Presse newspaper in Montreal, a group of wealthy investors are interested in attempting to get a MLB team back in Montreal.

Stephen Bronfman, ex-shareholder of the Montreal Expos, as well as multi-millionaires Larry Rossy, CEO of Dollarama, and Mitch Garber, would also be involved. Canadian communication company Bell is also reportedly interested in joining forces to get professional baseball back in Montreal.

RDS is reporting that the project is still in its very early stages.

A recent New York Daily News article reported that Tampa Bay Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has been frustrated with new stadium efforts in Florida and that the market may not be able to support the team regardless. The article also states that Sternberg has discussed a possible move to Montreal with some of his Wall Street associates.

As much as I'd love to see it happen, I think there are two major roadblocks: 1) there'd be nowhere for the relocated team to play, since the Big O is a dump and I can't see the provincial or federal governments being willing to put up any cash (they didn't do it for hockey arenas in Quebec City or Montreal, so there's no way baseball has a chance), and 2) the Jays may try and say it infringes on their territory. It'd be ridiculous for them to say it, but right now the Jays' territory is loosely defined as "Canada". I can't see them giving up exclusive rights very easily.

Can they even give Ethier away at this point? Same with Crawford. Kemp does have some value though, but he's over 30 and has a ton of money owed they'd be smart to get out from under his contract.

he just turned 30 two months ago

i dont wanna trade him.. he's gonna be even better next year imo

the further he gets away from those surgeries the better

he just turned 30 two months ago

i dont wanna trade him.. he's gonna be even better next year imo

the further he gets away from those surgeries the better

True but his recent injury history (and they way the injuries have sapped a lot of his athleticism) has to be pretty scary. I think the bat is back, and ideally the Dodgers would probably like to have their OF next year comprised of Puig, Kemp and Van Slyke/Pederson platooning but that would require finding a way unload Crawford and Ethier on someone, which seems really hard to do. Kemp might be the one guy they can deal to free up an OF spot and still get some decent value in return.

Top Bottom